• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventure Time

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
What are your thoughts of it? I remember it as some cartoon that has a random universe with strange creatures and 1 human boy named Finn, and a talking bombastic dog named Jake.

When I saw it, it was just slowly becoming like any other normal cartoon until it became.... deeper. Especially with how Finn dates Flame Princess, how they like each other, and how they try to be together.

Especially that "I Remember You" episode, Marceline tries to get Ice King(Simon IDK how to spell his last name) back by what he said and her singing. And there was a flashback of how he used to be, even when he had the crown at the time, he was still generous.

And we get to see how bad the Lich was judging from the episodes of Season 4 and the Season 5 premiere. It's kind of like Samurai Jack judging from how their worlds became terrorized long ago, but they're more different through.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I actually love the show so much! The characters and such make me laugh and sometimes sad, an emotional roller coaster, if you will.

The series does take quite a huge turn in seasons 3 and onwards, showing deeper insight of characters and such.

I watched the season 5 premiere and I am so stoked for the rest of the season!

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Adventure Time is awesome. It's extremely funny for any age--the humour is fantastic. The characters have attractive personalities, and that gets you to sympathise for them. The world is very creatively made, and everything about the show is fantastic.

The show tends to really hit the sweet spot when it comes to emotions. I don't know if that's just me, or...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
It can be humorous at times, I will say that it is the best of the newer cartoons on cartoon network currently. I love LSP because her voice is hilarious.

My Pico

Can I taste your whip cream?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Adventure Time is romantic. I love the show yo.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
The idea of a random short turning into an award-winning series called Adventure Time is one of the best ideas in this 21st Century.

At first, if you've watched the original short, you'd see it's just a mediocre cartoon made for children between the ages of 6-12. When the series began, I was proven wrong. Adventure Time made a strong impact on the cartoon community. These days, it's one of the best shows on Cartoon Network. And before you knew it, half of the world are Adventurers.

Adventure Time is a humorous cartoon filled with romance, suspense, action and drama. Pendleton Ward deserves more than just some gold reward.

A fourteen year old human, Finn saves princesses in the land of Ooo with his adoptive magical dog brother, Jake. The story of the show has a great twist -- sometimes, you can't even understand anything. It has absolutely pitch-perfect details. You don't have to be young to take on an adventure.

I'm an Adventurer, for life.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
^ Oh yes, I agree absolutely. Season 3 & onward especially, has more of a deeper, romantic-er touch to it.

& I'm so into the Finn x FP thing right now, lol. Well, all I gotta say is AT is just..... mathematical!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've watched the show now for just over a year, and I really do like it. Its animation is frequently beautiful (and sometimes hideous, but mostly for effect), it has a wealth of terrific supporting characters, and such a demented POV that it's hard not to be won over by its charms. Out of all of the seasons, season 4 would have to be my favourite: with episodes such as "Princess Cookie", "Card Wars", "Son of Mars" "BMO Noire" and "The Lich". Those ones are really good episodes of television full stop, it doesn't matter that they're animated or aimed at children. When this show is on, it is ON, my friend! :D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I honestly think it's what's wrong with cartoons nowadays. I'm not a big fan of the randomness since it usually feels like a lazy way out of writing an actual joke, and I never cared for the "deep" parts either, whether it be how Ooo is a post-apocalyptic Earth or how the Ice King is a tragic villian. It's also very ugly, and even the decent animations can't help that.

It has soul, so there's that. But I can't like something because of soul alone.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I watched a few episodes (don't ask me which ones since I don't know) on TV, and I found it interesting, I may have to watch a few more episodes to really get into it,

From what I saw (all random). I did found Finn funny at times, but Jake, I found him too annoying. I will have to watch a few more episodes to like Adventure Time.

So far, don't like the cartoon that much.

Years
Adventure Time's pretty much on the up-and-up with me. It has that dark comedy feel and I thought it was like Regular Show at first, but then it got deeper.

Its really good.

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
The main reason why I watched Adventure Time was because of Jake but that changed around Season 2 or 3 when I started to like the series as a whole then the whole thing with the end of Season 4 and start of Season 5 was made me fully get drawn into it. I started to watch all the episodes when the old started to rerun on Cartoon Network........and it is epic.

Fusion200

The real living Fusionbolt
Years
Adventure Time, anyone?

Well, I'd like to simply talk about this show, so I made this thread. ^^ But, yeah, I like Adventure Time, it's kinda cool, also, which pairings do you ship and do you have fan characters? I don't have fan character but I do like alot of pairings, both canon and non-canon, being, as a list:

Fionna X Finn
Finn X Marceline
Fionna X Marshall Lee
Marceline X Marshall Lee (Non-canon, but my favorite couple of the possible combinations ^^)
Flame Princess X Finn (It's so cute! :D)
Ice King X Ice Queen (No fanart on this one from me... yet... but it is fitting :D)
Princess Bubblegum X Prince Gumball
Jake X Lady Rainicorn

Yeah, you might have seen this already, but most of them are gender bent X normal, but I find it cute :D So, do you like this show? Well, it is my favorite, I like fantasy stuff! ;) Also, I'm perfectly open to start an Adventure Time RP in my email or private message, but most likely on my DA account, I mean, I'm pretty obsessed with RPing, but in a good way ^^ I may RP Marshall X Marceline or adventure/plot based, or both, or, well, you may just ask me ^^ Feel free to speak to me, and have fun discussing, and, if you want to, RP with me anything Adventure Time, couple or not! ;)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I merged your thread with the existing AT thread we have.

I like the show overall. Probably not as much as some of my friends and it's not *that* impressive at times, but overall it is entertaining and different from the usual fair (and quite creative at times too).

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Eh, it's only okay. A bit too trippy and random, though - I swear the guy who made the show was on shrooms while directing some of the episodes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think the show is pretty enjoyable, in essence, but the more recent season/episodes have... deteriorated the show's quality for me. Well, that's unfair to say - more appropriately, recent episodes themselves have deteriorated in quality. I don't enjoy watching them that much because while the show is based around nonsensical activities and characters and plotlines, etc, it's become a little too dumb for me, at times. XD; I can't really stand sitting through an entire episode anymore, unfortunately.

The older episodes are still fun, though!

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Flame Princess made this show a lot more interesting for me. I love her fiery personality and she makes a great girlfriend for Finn in my opinion. ^_^

Honestly, I cannot stand the Ice King, but at least they are developing him more to explain why he is so darn insane.

Years
I love Adventure Time, my gecko is named after Marceline too :D

Also, am I the only BubblegumxMarceline fan here D:

Back