• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Question: Is there supposed to be some sort of animation when Unburden activates? I'm using it on Hawlucha in conjunction with Power Herb, and I think it's working, but there's no message or anything to tell me, which is odd.

Years
Question: Is there supposed to be some sort of animation when Unburden activates? I'm using it on Hawlucha in conjunction with Power Herb, and I think it's working, but there's no message or anything to tell me, which is odd.

I think that when the item of the Unburden holder is lost, I don't think the message pops up. That's what I remember when I used something with Unburden. I know some abilities have the message pop up but not in this case I'm afraid.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 27, 2014
Hey everyone, can you please help me?

I have the following question: I am breeding for a shiny Larvitar now, one larvitar (father) is japanese and the mother is obviously my own. I gave the mother an Everstone, to pass on her nature/ability to the "babies". I'm around 280 Eggs now, but this may sound stupid, but does the Everstone affect Masuda Method? Is it somehow harder to get a shiny or doesn't this matter at all and your odds are still the same?

Maybe someone has experiences with this one, I appreciate your help and thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Hey everyone, can you please help me?

I have the following question: I am breeding for a shiny Larvitar now, one larvitar (father) is japanese and the mother is obviously my own. I gave the mother an Everstone, to pass on her nature/ability to the "babies". I'm around 280 Eggs now, but this may sound stupid, but does the Everstone affect Masuda Method? Is it somehow harder to get a shiny or doesn't this matter at all and your odds are still the same?

Maybe someone has experiences with this one, I appreciate your help and thanks in advance!
Well no; for example we always scount one egg after another for IVs, and never with Everstones. When we found a shiny, we had replaced the the parents with other ones, one holding an Everstone. The egg still turned out to the shiny.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
So I know the power of Rollout or Ice Ball doubles right after using Defense Curl, does it HAVE to be Defense Curl used right before using Rollout or Ice Ball to get the benefit, or can it be ANY defense raising move? I am planning a Bidoof (with SImple Ability) to have Skull Bash and was wondering if Rollout would have any benefit from it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
So I know the power of Rollout or Ice Ball doubles right after using Defense Curl, does it HAVE to be Defense Curl used right before using Rollout or Ice Ball to get the benefit, or can it be ANY defense raising move? I am planning a Bidoof (with SImple Ability) to have Skull Bash and was wondering if Rollout would have any benefit from it.

It's just Defense Curl (makes sense, since it curls into a ball when using Defense Curl, ready for Rollout / Ice Ball).

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Just Defense Curl. And you can use it any time in battle before Rollout/Ice Ball, not necessarily right before, and you get the boost as long as the Pokemon hasn't switched out of battle.

Years
Well no; for example we always scount one egg after another for IVs, and never with Everstones. When we found a shiny, we had replaced the the parents with other ones, one holding an Everstone. The egg still turned out to the shiny.

As far as I'm aware of breeding mechanics, Everstone only affects nature. If one parent holds an Everstone in X/Y, it'll pass down its nature to the baby Pokemon 100% of the time, like it was in Black 2/White 2.

I don't recall it affecting the chances of getting shinies.

Shhmew

Years
Everstone only passes down Nature (100% of the time), and from what I've experienced, it and the Destiny Knot don't affect shininess in any way. In fact it's pretty much the only way to get a shiny that's any good for competitive battling, you know? (well, except cheating or trading)

Just don't give up :D

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
1) Restaurant Le Wow. How much exp do you get total from defeating everything?

With this number, I plan to take into account multipliers (O-Power, Lucky Egg, being unevolved) to make it most efficient to get things at exactly lv50.

2) What % chance does Chansey hold Lucky Eggs?

3) If I have a pokemon hold a Lucky Egg, but don't use it in battle... Will the Exp Share combine with the Lucky Egg? Or will I just get the normal share? (I'm not sure if there's any point in getting more than 3 Lucky Eggs because Rotation/Triples only allow 3 on the field at once.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For your second question, apparently one in every twenty Chansey hold Lucky Egg. If I were to make an estimate, the percentage would be somewhere around five or so. :P

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
1) Restaurant Le Wow. How much exp do you get total from defeating everything?

With this number, I plan to take into account multipliers (O-Power, Lucky Egg, being unevolved) to make it most efficient to get things at exactly lv50.
Not sure exactly :S Which is rather sad considering I've done literally hundreds of the double battles!

2) What % chance does Chansey hold Lucky Eggs?
You can increase it from five to 20% if the first pokemon in your party has Compound Eyes as its ability.
3) If I have a pokemon hold a Lucky Egg, but don't use it in battle... Will the Exp Share combine with the Lucky Egg? Or will I just get the normal share? (I'm not sure if there's any point in getting more than 3 Lucky Eggs because Rotation/Triples only allow 3 on the field at once.)
Having the Lucky Egg on a pokemon not in battle will still give it boosted exp points on top of what it typically would receive from the EXP share.

Pokemon in battle - 100% EXP
Pokemon in party with Lucky Egg - 75% EXP
Pokemon in party - 50% EXP

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
So people have gotten AZ's Floette with the power save, has anyone gotten those two secret Vivillon patterns yet then?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Is Hawlucha's Flying Press able to hit through Wonder Guard?
It did not hit, presumably because the flying type is only a secondary effect.

PS: Come to think off, we had no Mold Breaker. That is something we need to test once we find a Hawlucha with it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Wait, there's 2 extra Vivillon patterns? When did this happen?

The hacker who revealed Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa, Mega Lati@s and AZ's Floette also revealed the extra Vivillon patterns. There's also no word on whether those Vivillon patterns were actually used.

Also, Flying Press still does not hit Shedinja because it's still a Fighting move:
0* effectiveness (Fighting) x 2* effectiveness (Flying) = 0, therefore, Shedinja is still immune.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Question related to Masuda Method shiny breeding.
We now all know that there is a probable bug in the game that forgets the parents are MM-able after we shut the game off and turn it back on
At least, I think everyone knows about this 'bug' now...
, therefore, we need to get the parents back and put them back in so the game can tell that parents are MM-able.

So my question is, would it be enough to just withdraw the foreign parent and put it back in to enable the Masuda Method again?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Question related to Masuda Method shiny breeding.
We now all know that there is a probable bug in the game that forgets the parents are MM-able after we shut the game off and turn it back on
At least, I think everyone knows about this 'bug' now...
, therefore, we need to get the parents back and put them back in so the game can tell that parents are MM-able.

So my question is, would it be enough to just withdraw the foreign parent and put it back in to enable the Masuda Method again?
Whoa, wait a second. I guess I've never heard of this bug, because that means I've wasted soooo much time with non-MM breeding.

Do you have a source (which could potentially answer your question as well)? I would assume that recognition of nationality is determined as they're dropped off, since that's a factor in chance of egg production, so I think taking out parents and putting them back in would solve any potential glitch, but I'm not sure.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Whoa, wait a second. I guess I've never heard of this bug, because that means I've wasted soooo much time with non-MM breeding.

Do you have a source (which could potentially answer your question as well)? I would assume that recognition of nationality is determined as they're dropped off, since that's a factor in chance of egg production, so I think taking out parents and putting them back in would solve any potential glitch, but I'm not sure.

Quoted from the [Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?] thread.

When you start your game, take out your parents and then redeposit them. In Trade Corner, we've postulated that the game has a bug in it where it 'forgets' that your parents are Masuda-capable and doesn't take account of the Shiny Charm when you turn your game off. So when you turn it back on, take your parents out and then put them back in. Of course, you have to be careful with your egg moves (making sure they still know them) with this method, but it works. I've gotten two shinies in three days and I do not have the Shiny Charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back