• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey, Ed! It's been a while, where have you been? Congratulations on your shiny Snubbull.

Bulbasaur eludes me as usual. What am I doing wrong? I mean, I soft reset all day for weeks, and I still get absolutely nothing...oh, well, I'll just have to perservere and hope it comes sooner rather than later. Good luck, everyone!

Edit: I'm thinking about soft resetting for Piplup instead of Turtwig. I like shiny Turtwig better than Piplup, yeah, but I like shiny Empoleon way more than shiny Torterra. What do you guys say?

Edit2: Wait a sec, I just remembered that I never actually captured the Kecleon on my Emerald2, at least I think I diddn't...that's great! I think I will soft reset for it; hopefully I'll get it as quickly as I got Torchic and Registeel (and if you recall, I got those two pretty quickly on this Emerald).

btw, I'm about to get my sixth badge on Sapphire. I should be able to start soft resetting for Kyogre by today.

Last edited:

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
hold let me check ..... seconds later ........... i think the empoleon looks better because toterra looks ... well ... expired ... ? ... and moldy ... or has a lack of co2 ... hasn't been eating its greens(scurvy) ..... but on the over hand if you have a shiny battle based up on move pool i think torterra's are better and the max stat are about even. but just remember thats my opinion.

ed well done on the snubbull and if using it for battler a jynx is unique for battle gd luk finding it if u switch back to hunt its pre evo.

gd luck to all.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yes, believe me, I've considered which would be better to have from a competitive aspect, and I know Torterra is better. I just really think that I would be more appreciative of my game if I had a shiny Empoleon.Soft resetting for Kecleon on Emerald is ago. I did seven and stopped because I'd rather be playing through Sapphire right now (and I'm soft resetting for Bulbasaur on my black SP simultaneously, so soft resetting for Kecleon would be too much for me). Unfortunately, I've just discovered that soft reset for the Johto Starters is no longer possible on this Emerald either because when I powered up my game, I saw a Totodile sitting in my party. -_- Looks like I'll have to join MM on the empy breeding bandwagon. My first target will be Cyndaquil.

Edit: Shiny Mr. Mime is viewing the thread! Post, man, post!

Years
long time no see eh?

well i came back to tell you that i been really busy and that i started my pearl over. Right now i am softreseting for shiny AZELF!!!

also big congrads on the latias there fufu3000(i dont know your new name yet)

well yea no new shinys

well that is all i wanted to say lol

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
no just driffloon.this because you can see it sprite before u battle it just like how you (should) save in front or before you face a legendary.see simple.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
is thif for every pokemon??
Yes for overworld pokemon that you can battle.

With other ones where you see the picture before battling it, this does not show if it's shiny, you need to actually enter the battle.

It's not at the wind works and I turned today into friday a lot
That's probably because you saved in Valley Windworks. You have to exit and then re-enter on the Friday so the map "updates".

Well nothing new on the shiny front with me, just working through Emerald.
I'll just check everyday what swam I have in Pearl, if it's anything interesting I'll chain for it. Today is Pidgey, so bleh.

Back