• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Suggestions?

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Hey there, guys!

I'm not the best at battling via WiFi or even battling my friends. So far, I've won most of my battles by luck alone. So, I'm here to get offered some suggestions for my team. However, I'm not a competitive battler, so, I don't know all of these terms and whatnot... I would love some suggestions to help me out! n_n

So, anyways, this is my team from Pokémon Black.

Serperior @ Miracle Seed Lv. 58
Overgrow
(( I'm not sure how to find an EV spread. Any help on this would be appreciated. ))
Adamant [ +Attack | -Sp. Attack ]
- Toxic
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Tail
- Energy Ball

Scolipede @ Black Sludge Lv. 63
Swarm
(( I'm not sure how to find an EV spread. Any help on this would be appreciated. ))
Mild [ +Sp. Attack | -Defense ]
- X-Scissor
- Poison Tail
- Steamroller
- Earthquake

Emboar @ Leftovers Lv. 61
Blaze
Hasty [ +Speed | -Defense ]
- Focus Blast
- Heat Crash
- Brick Break
- Flamethrower

Swoobat@ Focus Sash Lv. 67
Unaware
Mild [ +Sp. Attack | -Defense ]
- Aerobatics
- Psychic
- Endeavor
- Fly

Gigalith@ Rock Incense Lv. 71
Sturdy
Quirky [ No Change | No Change ]
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Bulldoze

Hydreigon @ Dragon Fang Lv. 77
Levitate
Adamant [ +Attack | -Sp. Attack ]
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Rush
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
All your Pokemon gained EVs when they battled the various in game Pokemon (for instance, Patrat and Lillipup give 1 Attack EV each). You can't actually see the EVs. You can't reduce the EVs in any way except by the Pomeg, Tamato, Kelpsy, Hondew, Qualot and Grepa berries; however, they can only be obtained through the Dream World or doing a spin egg trade with 5 people.

And on with the rate:

Serperior: since it's Adamant, how about this to take advantage of its power?:
-Coil
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Tail
-Return/Rock Smash (lol)
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Miracle Seed

Scolipede needs Rock Slide and Megahorn over Steamroller and X-Scissor (the former for coverage and the latter for power). You can have S Scolipede relearn Megahorn from the reminder girl in Mistralton, though it will cost you a Heart Scale. (EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe)

Once again, Emboar uses the same EV spread as the first 2 Pokemon. It can also use Flame Charge to fix its low Speed:
-Flame Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Brick Break
-Wild Charge/Stone Edge/Grass Knot
Nature: Hasty
Item: Life Orb

Honestly, Swoobat is terrible and Sigilyph and Archeops are better in almost every way. But I'll still give suggestions:
-Psychic
-Air Slash
-Fly
-Endeavor/Shadow Ball
Nature: Mild
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: whatever you want as long as it's useful to you competitively

Gigalith's move pool is rather shallow, so work with this:
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Explosion
Nature: Quirky (would've been nice if it was Adamant, but w/e)
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Rock Incense

Most people expect Hydreigon as a special attacker, but a physical set is still viable for the surprise factor:
-Outrage
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant
Item: Persim Berry/Lum Berry (to cure the confusion from Outrage, though the latter can also be used to cure other statuses in general)

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Wow, thanks for the fast reply, PlatinumDude! n_n
Thanks for explaining it, I didn't know what to put there, to be honest.

Now, on to the Pokémon themselves..

Serperior - Thanks for that. I've got a few Heart Scales in my bag, so, I'll reteach her Coil. I'm pretty sure she loves me enough for Return, but, I assume Rock Smash would give some coverage for Ice?
Scolipede - That's doable. As I said earlier, I have a few Heart Scales in my bag.
Emboar - I think I can go with Grass Knot. However, may I ask the purpose of the Life Orb?
Swoobat - Yes, it's awful. However, it was the first Flying-type that I caught and I will change it out for Sigilyph. Do you think you could offer up a suggestion for that?
Gigalith
- Thanks! n_n That's perfectly doable. However, is the an alternative to Explosion?
Hydreigon - That's doable as well. I can teach it Earthquake, reteach it Crunch, and let it learn Outrage.

Once again, thank you for the suggestions!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Life Orb is there to boost the power of Emboar's attacks, though it will cost some HP per use.

Basically, Sigilyph can use whatever set Swoobat has minus Endeavor. It also has Magic Guard to block damage from poison, burn, sandstorm, hail and Life Orb:
-Psychic
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Fly (for travel purposes)
Nature: Timid/Modest
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard

Sadly, Gigalith's move pool is shallow, but you can maybe use Bulldoze to slow down opponents.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Oh, okay!
Thanks. I've got a Sigilyph, and I'm training her at the moment.

Now, may I ask for some help or feedback on my
Pokémon White team?

Venipede @ No Item Lv. 16 ( Just Captured )
Swarm
Sassy [ +Sp. Defense | -Speed ]
- Poison Sting
- Screech
- Pursuit
- Protect

Pignite @ Not Item Lv. 21
Blaze
Timid [ + Speed | - Attack ]
- Tackle
- Flamethrower
- Odor Sleuth
- Flame Charge

Servine @ Miracle Seed Lv. 19
Overgrow
Timid [ +Speed | -Defense ]
- Tackle
- Leer
- Vine Whip
- Leaf Tornado

Deino @ No Item Lv. 20 ( Hatched )
Hustle
Bold [ + Defense | - Attack]
- Earth Power
- Bite
- DragonBreath
- Roar

Blitzle @ No Item Lv. 18
Motor Drive
Calm [ + Sp. Defense | - Attack ]
- Quick Attack
- Charge
- Shock Wave
- Flame Charge

Sandile @ No Item Lv. 19 ( Just Captured )
Moxie
Naughty [ +Attack | -Sp. Defense ]
- Torment
- Sand Tomb
- Assurance
- Mud-Slap

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Venipede: One of Scolipede's selling points is its Speed, so don't use that. Use Jolly or Adamant (or Naive/Hasty/Naughty/Lonely if you can't be bothered spending an eternity looking for the exact nature).

Servine: Timid is all right, I guess. It could go for a healing set with Leech Seed/Giga Drain, I guess.

Pignite: Timid is a terrible nature on it because Emboar is known for its high Attack. You can use the same natures I recommended for Venipede.

Deino: Don't use a Bold nature on it. A Bold nature raises Defense but lowers Attack and Deino has no time to be defensive, since its defenses are low. Go with Modest or Timid since Hydreigon specializes in Special Attacks (or Naive/Hasty/Mild/Rash if you want to go mixed). Here's an example of a mixed Hydreigon set you could use:
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Fire Blast
Nature: see what I said
EVs: 252 Atk/64 SAtk/192 Spe or 64 Atk/252 SAtk/192 Spe
Item: Expert Belt/Life Orb

Blitzle: it's so defensively poor that Calm isn't good on it. It's best with Hasty or Naive

Sandile: it's all right so far.

Back