• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Wow. Everyone is paying though the nose. I'm really surprised even though now I'm remembering I'd heard from a friend who was living in Vancouver that ticket prices were more expensive than the ones we were used to here.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
And I think lots of people try to pick a screening time such that they go out for dinner afterward and make a day/night of it. Expensive.
Well, yeah, I usually do too. Most theatres here in Waterloo don't actually have many playtimes (I think the best theatre only has 10 screens?) so there's no other choice but night shows but even despite that... unless I'm seeing the movie with my mom, I usually go to shows at a later time so I can do something else while I'm out. You probably don't relate, but I usually go "welp, I'm spending all this money ANYWAY, might as well feed myself too". XD;
Wow. Everyone is paying though the nose. I'm really surprised even though now I'm remembering I'd heard from a friend who was living in Vancouver that ticket prices were more expensive than the ones we were used to here.
We also pay 13% taxes on most things here, so that's part of the price. :/ But yeah, it still sucks. XD;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Well, yeah, I usually do too. Most theatres here in Waterloo don't actually have many playtimes (I think the best theatre only has 10 screens?) so there's no other choice but night shows but even despite that... unless I'm seeing the movie with my mom, I usually go to shows at a later time so I can do something else while I'm out. You probably don't relate, but I usually go "welp, I'm spending all this money ANYWAY, might as well feed myself too". XD;

We also pay 13% taxes on most things here, so that's part of the price. :/ But yeah, it still sucks. XD;
Why wouldn't I relate? I eat. I like eating. I eat lots XD I try to make a day or night of it too and go out to eat before or after the show. Maybe the "welp". I don't "welp"

And the tax would be on top of the prices I quoted x_x

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Thank god Netflix isn't available here in NZ (or, thank god I don't have the desire to get Netflix through suspicious channels), I imagine it would cause me far more stress than it's worth. Besides, the only show I bother to watch regularly nowadays is Desperate Housewives and even that will end soon, considering it's in it's final season.

Ugh, I have to pay about $12 dollars if I want to go see a normal 2D movie, and I never go to see 3D movies unless I have a discount or something, lol. Coupons forever!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The Avengers was so damn good I don't even. I saw it once in 3D and once in 2D and honestly I don't really think it added or detracted from anything either way. When I saw it in 2D they told us it was 3D and even gave us 3D glasses, but then it just... wasn't lmao. But the funniest thing is (and this shows just how much 3D means to everybody) nobody cared enough to get up and tell a staff member that they forgot to turn the 3D on.

Also Jon! HOW WAS CABIN IN THE WOODS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT TO COME TO AUSTRALIA AND I DON'T THINK IT'S GOING TO.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Also Jon! HOW WAS CABIN IN THE WOODS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT TO COME TO AUSTRALIA AND I DON'T THINK IT'S GOING TO.
I liked it, but I imagine you'll like it a lot more than me when it eventually arrives in Australia. (Indeed, IMDb is coming up empty for an Aussie release.) It's very Whedon-y - especially the end - so you'll probably love it.

Years
Forget Cabin in the Woods. The Avengers is the superior Whedon film. It was totally worth the $9.75 I spent and the two hours I waited in the line that wasn't even a line when I got there because I got the time wrong and came way too early.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
You waited two hours in line!? Wowzers. I don't think I've ever waited in a line for the cinema that lasted longer than 15 minutes.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I waited in line for an hour and a half for Hunger Games and at least one or two for some of the Harry Potter movies. I'll go pretty early if I want to guarantee good seats. (Going an hour and a half early to THG didn't even snag my mom and I good seats. ;_;)

Usually I'll just show up about 15 minutes early. I rarely see movies so early in their theatre career so seats aren't typically a problem so long as I'm not late.

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
Avengers was AWESOME.

Loki:I AM A GOD! I will not be bullied by some dull, mindless cr-

Hulk:*smashes loki like a rag doll* puny god.

Loki's expression: Priceless.

That was the best Hulk EVER.

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Saw Avengers in IMAX 3D it was so AMAZING. I loved the Hulk of course, it was just an amazing movie, and I am going to see it again for sure!

Years
You waited two hours in line!? Wowzers. I don't think I've ever waited in a line for the cinema that lasted longer than 15 minutes.
Well, technically it was only a line for the last hour since I was the only one waiting. But I'm a veteran line-waiter. I've done quite a few midnight/first day showings where a group grabs a spot in line for the rest of us and we make camp. Did it for Hunger Games, Harry Potter, and other ones I'm forgetting. Basically anytime there is a movie that most everyone wants to see it becomes a thing and we have to make sure we get good seats. Getting good seats is Serious Business.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Oh C&M DCC, why do we let you stew in your inactivity for so long? ;-;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
D:

Because we are terrible people who keep forgetting about it!

Scarf said:
I'm a veteran line-waiter. I've done quite a few midnight/first day showings where a group grabs a spot in line for the rest of us and we make camp. Did it for Hunger Games, Harry Potter, and other ones I'm forgetting. Basically anytime there is a movie that most everyone wants to see it becomes a thing and we have to make sure we get good seats. Getting good seats is Serious Business.

This is why I love movie cinemas here. We have allocated seating so we choose our seats when we book our tickets. It takes the stress out of the entire affair!

kuzronk

Banned
Years
D:

This is why I love movie cinemas here. We have allocated seating so we choose our seats when we book our tickets. It takes the stress out of the entire affair!

Not everywhere and the seats i normally sit in are not taken anyway *the back row in the middle*

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
OH MY GOD SO TRUE! You're all terrible, horrible people and I hate you.

JUST KIDDING! :D

Anyhoo, re: allocated seating. Some cinemas in the UK do this, but it really depends on what type of cinema you go to (independent, small scale or massive multiplex) and sometimes even the film you want to see. There's this cheap chain cinema that I go to see foreign films that doesn't allocate - apart from the time where a certain indie film sensation called Margaret was showing. In that case, however, there were queues outside at 10am (!!!) so it made sense that seats were allocated then.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
At that time, the cinema in question was the only one in the whole of the UK showing this film. And it had received virtually unanimous 5-star reviews from all the broadsheet newspapers. Granted this queue consisted of - at most - 40 people... but it was still a queue! And if, by Hipsterville, you mean streets with a predominant Pakistani and Banglageshi culture right next to the biggest mosque in London, then yes: I live in Hipsterville!

Years
I never knew this was a thing until I went to Japan and I was shown a screen and told to touch where I wanted to sit. I went all like this:

whatisthis_BlooJawDrop.gif

At least in my memory I did. I feel so, so, so 20th century going to a theatre and not being able to pick a seat and have it reserved for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back