• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Midnyte

Pokerus Failure, Newish PCer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Chuck was, surprisingly, the hardest Gym Leader for me to beat. His Poliwrath kept using Double Team and, unfortunately, I didn't have any Pokemon with Foresight so I lost that one. He used a different strategy on my second challenging of him, though, so eventually I had badge number five.

In terms of Gym design, Erika's was annoying. When I first arrived in Kanto I stumbled helplessly around looking for Brock until I had finally visited every town in the region before beating any Gym Leaders, so I found myself Flying around moving all the way up to Blaine before it hit me: I needed to face Erika. The Trainers there were surprisingly easy because I had my cute little Sparky, my Typhlosion, with me. *pats Sparky's head* (Sure, you wouldn't exactly call a vaguely reptilian, taller-than-the-average-human fire-wielding Pokemon "cute", but that's just me.) The only thing I had trouble with was - surprise - finding where the walls were. -.-"

DusknoirZac

Dusknoir
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 8, 2012
Whitney. No matter what I did, I always had to catch a Drowzee and trade it for that guy in the mall for a Machop to beat her.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
As much as Whitney can be a pain Claire's dragon's aren't exactly friendly to my team. With Whitney I can spam fighting moves at least. I never have the right moves for Claire.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
Years
I think Claire and her team is a whole lot worse than Whitney and her Militank. I'm not saying Whitney and her team is easy, I'm just saying Claire has freaking pain-in-the-butt Dragon types. I had to go find some pokemon that could learn ice moves to finally defeat her. And isn't it spelled Clair? I'm just wondering.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Whitney and her annoying Miltank with Attract, Milk Drink and Rollout. Most annoying gym leader in any Pokèmon game.

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
935030_700b.jpg

Poor quilava from when i used to solo run never stood a chance damn rollout

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Chuck with his stupid Hypnosis and Focus Punch combo caused me a lot of trouble. Made me use 10-15 revives to stay alive. -_-
Whitney was easy for me because I had a female Feraligatr. So Attract didn't work. :P
Claire wasn't that hard because I just spammed Ice Fang pretty much.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
On my first playthrough of HGSS, I had no clue why people complained about Whitney. Then I learnt about her freaking Miltank >:|. Attract,Rollout,Stomp,Milk Drink : Ultimate Moveset of Doom.It was a nightmare until I finally got a Female Heracross to help me out :D.
Other than that,Claire's Kingdra was real tough too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Claire! I'm usually pretty under levelled whilst playing the main stories so her strong Dragon type Pokémon did a lot of damage to me haha. If I remember correctly it was her Kingdra which was the main problem, that thing was horrifically strong :x

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I don't remember my first time, but in rematches, Sabrina's Wobbuffet is EVIL. It's probably the only Pokemon that can beat my Mew. Blue is also very tough. He's one bad-ass trainer. But the best thing: He doesn't use Wobbuffet. :laugh:

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2016
I had most problems with Whitney in my previous save file, but now i hope that it will be easier. :D

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Whitney. Always had to plan how to take out Miltank if I lacked Machop.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I gotta be one of the few people that thought Jasmine was the hardest. T_T

I had no Fighting, Water, Fire or Ground types.. and she kicked my ass. I know those types are easy to come by, but of course I've also gotta be the kind of guy who tries something that isn't overused. :D

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I'd definitely say Clair. Whitney is easy if you're swift with her Miltank, I think.

All of the dragon Pokémon in Claire's gym were way overlevelled, not to mention how much of a hassle it was to remember where trainer rematches could be done. I ended up overpowering her with my Ampharos, which was very lucky to also aid me in beating the Elite Four :). Zaptail was just killer with its Signal Beam, Thunder, Rain Dance, and Iron Tail ;)

Back