• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well Ditto and Mew are the only two Pokemon that can transform to any other pokemon so there's a connection there
That any Pokémon that can Transform is in the same family? Sorry, Ditto and Mew are not a family. No way.

Cyclone

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yes, there may be a connection, but that is yet unconfirmed. What was meant was "just because they share shiny colours does not mean Mewtwo and Mewbuu are the same Pokémon". Whether they are or not is, like the other connection, yet unconfirmed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Lol.
I don't even think Gf makes official art for the shiny versions of Pokémon.
We should know in 10 days what connection this Pokémon has with Mewtwo, or so we're told.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I would say that picture of it's shiny form isnt real for now.

I dont see them make legendaries evolve now. I think it's more another Mew/Mewtwo clone or it's just a new Mewtwo forme.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No, they won't evolve it. Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy, after all. It's a Forme or another Pokémon entirely. I'm going with Forme.

Also, from the general chat thread, someone came back for his first post in a while and had an interesting theory, bolded.

I haven't posted on these forums for a long time, but this felt important enough to bring be back.

Mewtwo is one of those core pokemon you just don't touch, so I hope they handle this really carefully. Although they'll struggle to impress me, because I'm still angry things like Pichu were ever made.

If anything, I hope it's just related and not a forme of Mewtwo because then it's easier to forget about.

This is a long shot but looking at the size of it, it could play a similar role to Phione (bred from Mewtwo, can't evolve).
This is actually plausible.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I can sorta see it. The new Pokemon is quite a bit smaller than Mewtwo and sort of looks like sort of like a younger form of Mewtwo.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It makes me wonder, since there is a second yet to be seen, if MEW is actually going to be able to breed.

This is a VERY interesting theory!

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
It could be it's pure form. It looks less evil, that's for sure.

To me the glazed over pupils makes it look mindless and even more evil. Almost as if it's a creature that knows nothing but to destroy. It almost seems as if Mewbuu (love that name) was the first unsuccessful clone of Mew, (or the second if you believe that Ditto is also a failed cloneof Mew) hence the tail being on it's head, proportions of its arms, fingers and toes being all messed up, and its eyes not even being fully developed.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I honestly believe it's a failed experiment. Probably less powerful.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
As I recall, they marketed the kyurem forms as new pokemon. But no. They're not new pokemon. Just forms. So yeah. It could be a new pokemon, but considering it'll also be in the new movie, my money, quite honestly, is that "mewtwo's awakening" will cause it to transform into that.

I think they called them new Pokemon because they're a fusion of two Pokemon. Rather than a single Pokemon changing itself, Kyurem absorbs another to become something else.

I'm really hoping it's a new Pokemon, forms are pretty boring. I'd only be okay with it being a form if it had something to do with the Berserk Gene. But, then again, event (I'm assuming it would be an event..) Pokemon that never leave my box are pretty boring anyway, so....

But for now I'm calling it Mew-Z because it looks like a modified Mewtwo, making it similar to the Porygon family, (Name, Name 2, Name-Z) each being a modified version of the previous one and would also give us the Z to our X and Y. ;P

Last edited:

Years
I do wonder how the second forme will look...what if the other one looks older than Mewtwo...almost like it's changing it's age...linking of the theory of genes impacting aging.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A good point is raised. There is only one Genesect. However, with the Drives, those are all Formes. That is why I think Mewtwo's is also Formes.

Cyclone
Genesect doesn't have forms. It has aesthetic changes same as Arceus. Neither of them have data in their coding for Form changes unlike Pokemon with form changes.

His shiny is the same as Mewtwo's so that basically confirms it's an alternate form.

rs535v.jpg

You already said its fake...that was also a dirty trick.

Ditto's shiny is the same as Mew's so that basically confirms they're the same thing.

Actually they are similar, not the same. They are a few shades off from one another, not the same colors. Also Gamefreak debunked the relationship. Ditto was made before Mew. Mew itself was a gag and introduced without many people knowing once the games were finished. Mew itself was never supposed to exist, which is why a few of the early games have the Mew Glitch. Ditto on the other hand was designed based after a smiley face. Ditto can transform into any Pokemon because all Pokemon have a face. *Latter half is me not GF*

Well Ditto and Mew are the only two Pokemon that can transform to any other pokemon so there's a connection there

Mew can trasform because of the supposed Ancestor thing. Ditto can transform because all pokemon have a face. See above for full details. XD

I think they called them new Pokemon because they're a fusion of two Pokemon. Rather than a single Pokemon changing form, Kyurem absorbs another to become something else.

I'm really hoping it's a new Pokemon, forms are pretty boring. I'd only be okay with it being a form if it had something to do with the Berserk Gene. But, then again, event (I'm assuming it would be an event..) Pokemon that never leave my box are pretty boring anyway, so....

But for now I'm calling it Mew-Z because it looks like a modified Mewtwo, making it similar to the Porygon family, (Name, Name 2, Name-Z) each being a modified version of the previous one and would also give us the Z to our X and Y. ;P

The reason for Kyurem to be called new Pokemon actually makes a lot of sense. Kyurem is also the only Legend to have stat changes thanks to Reshiram and Zekrom. Only other Pokemon that does that is Rotom thanks to the appliances he takes over.

As for names, I'm hoping they do something a little more original than Z or a number. They most likely won't but still I hope they do.

Years
Maybe it'll be Mewtres? (Mew+ Spanish for three) no that sounds like Moltres...maybe Mewtrois? (Mew+french for three). I know still number, but if they do another language it'll seem more original than making it three...if it is a new Pokémon. Now if it's forme I'm guessing they'll be called Mewtwo X and Y, and maybe be like Deoxys during Gen IV, having their forms depend on the version, but with the ability to get the other by using keys or something that has to do with linking with the other version.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
As I said in another thread, we could be looking at that image all wrong. We know that there are 5 Genesect in the movie, with the shiny one being the leader. It could instead be a team vs team idea, and Mewtwo is the leader of his team, along with this New-Mew and some other pokemon.

I would think that, if a new Pokémon is introduced in a movie, it would be the star of the movie. It happened with Lucario and Zoroark. This time, however, the star is Mewtwo, so why introduce a brand new Pokémon as an underling of Mewtwo? It would be an underwhelming and, IMO, pointless reveal. The new mon would have to be as strong or stronger than Mewtwo to impress viewers, not an underling.

Which is why I insist on my forme theory. All the recognizable body features of Mewtwo are there, except the red eyes (Mewtwo's are purple). It uses the same palette as Mewtwo. Even Mew doesn't look as close to Mewtwo as this new thing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
FTR, Movie 15 underwhelmed me entirely. They met Keldeo and devised a plan to help him. This could have been done in two anime episodes.

So I'm honestly worried for #16.

Cyclone

Back