• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: MEGAMAN BN 7 Lost Dimesion BETA 1 RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMidnightNova

Unique Hacker
Years
Introducing a new hack:

MEGAMAN
Battle Network 7
LOST DIMENSION

Rom: FireRed (U)​

INTRODUCTION:
Hi, I am DarkMidnightNova, and I'm going to introduce to you my latest project, Megaman Battle Network 7 Lost Dimension! I've worked on this hack for quite a while, occasionally having to start over due to bugs and glitches but now I have finally been able to create a presentable, fun and unique hack for all of you :)​

I also attached a banner for those who would like to support my hack :)

STORY:

Spoiler:

FEATURES:
  • Play as Megaman, and later recruit Protoman and other characters on to your team!
  • Brand New story! A fresh feeling of nostalgia and excitement for Megaman fans as well as a new experience for Pokémon fans!
  • Explore the vast Net as well as materialize into the Real World! Megaman uses COPYBOT technology from Battle Network 6!
  • Fresh and new gameplay experience, Net Battle using the Pokémon battle system!
  • Unique sprites and areas! The tiles will give you the feeling of being immersed within the world of Megaman!
  • Meet, battle, and venture with old characters such as Protoman, Roll, Gutsman, etc. as well as new characters and Navis!
  • Introducing Megaman's CORE FUSION: Megaman can evolve and fuse with his past enemies by using their CORE DATA, and this transformation will give Megaman a new appearance, boosted stats and abilities, new typing, and the chance to learn certain moves only obtainable through that fusion. Megaman can also devolve using an item and revert back to his original form! (Megaman can fuse with Protoman, Life Virus, Nebula Gray, GigaGregar (Megavirus fusion of Gospel and Cybeast Gregar), and Bass)
  • TM's are now Battle Chips (BC)! Collect and use all 50!
  • New and renamed moves with different typing and stats such as Mega Buster, Sword, Life Sword, Pyro Fist, Barrier, etc.
  • New Title Screen (Possibly in the future Megaman Game music)
  • Over 100 Old and New Viruses (Custom sprites made by me) to battle in the NET!
  • And other neat features that you can discover while playing the game!
SCREENSHOTS:
(See attachments)

CREDITS:
I acknowledge the wonderful people who made hacking tools and
I also give credit to the creator of Alistair Rom Base, since I am grateful for the textboxes and amazing outdoor tiles ;)

BETA 1 IS RELEASED! ENJOY!
(if you come across any bugs/glitches let me know);)

ALSO you should visit the website I created for my hack to get a better understanding of what this hack is all about :)

mmbn7lostdimension.weebly.com

Last edited:

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Wow! Good work man! I really loved the megaman battle network games!
BTW, first post great job and you ned a banner man! sprites and tiles are real nice.. but you should add new types man!

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
Waaaa!! This is awesome! The sprites, the gameplay, the story!
I'm going to try the demo now, and try to give a comment or two.

I'd like to see this finished. ^^
Good luck!

*EDIT:
I played the demo, here are my thoughts:

The CONS:
MEGAMANBN7LostDimensionDEMO.png

- MEGA MAN's icon in-battle looks a bit weird. It continuously bounces up and down.

- MEGA MAN's moves seems to be lacking something.. (Though I can't really pinpoint exactly what.)
I mean, MEGA BUSTER(BULLET SEED) seems to be too weak to even lay a scratch on those nasty viruses currently.
Just improve the damage a bit and it'll be fine.. That, or add another attack like SLASH maybe, and rename it to something.

The PROS:
MEGAMANBN7LostDimensionDEMO_2.png

- I like this part of the game(*the beginning.). The OW sprites are well done. ^^

- The ITEMS are well done as well.

That's all. I hope that I've helped in some way, and good luck with this!

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Wow indeed. don't know were to begin, everything looks great from the title screen to the graphics, & tiles.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
Wow, this is really great!
I fell in love with the MegaMan's OW sprite because it's really well done!
I'll be checking this ;)
I agree.

Well of course o.O It's the common courtesy for Pokémon icons o.O
Ah, of course.
What I'm trying to say here is not to completely remove the icon's movements, but to minimize it.

Like this:
Spoiler:

But meh.. 'Guess you're right. It's not that important anyway. ^^

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Wat da heck

Why not just hack MMBN6 instead?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Wat da heck

Why not just hack MMBN6 instead?
I can think of a variety of reasons:

• hacking a pokémon game into a mega man game is certainly much more original than making a mega man game into another mega man game
  • the op may not have the hacking know-how to hack mega man and may prefer to hack pokémon
  • the op may prefer the way pokémon plays out as a rpg style game with a solid battling system over the way mega man plays out
  • the op may prefer pokémon over mega man but like them both so wants to hack one into the other to add more variety into a community that needs it
  • I'm nowhere near an expert on the mega man community (heck, I actually know nothing about it) but the pokémon hacking community (particularly 3rd generation games) is very advanced without having to delve too much into the mechanics of the game so it may actually be easier to hack than mega man
Now on to the actual hack, I commend you for actually bringing something different to the community. This very much reminds me of a while ago when someone hacked firered to be a mario themed game and it was both very well received in the community and was also a solid, different game. I may have never played a mega man game but I am quite excited to play this when a substantial beta is released as I believe it can be a breath of fresh air around here. Good job.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
The game, So far, looks really good but there's a few things... Like how are you going to evolve things? Will it be like Gateman, Gameman V2 and then Gateman V3? Will we be able to catch viruses!? I don't want to go through the whole game with only megaman in my team. That's about it, keep up the good work

DarkMidnightNova

Unique Hacker
Years
DEMO 2 IS COMPLETE! Featuring even more content ;)

I even added some new screens and a support banner - - - check it out!

@glaceon12 : The evolving process is not like that of pokemon. In this game, megaman will obtain Data fragments from the bosses he defeats. Later on in the story, Dr. Hikari uprgrades megaman so he can use the power/ fragments of the bosses and unite with that data to gain its abilities. Its like giving a stone to let a pokemon to evolve, but there will be an item which will allow megaman to be reverted to his normal state; like devolving in digimon.

Oh, and Protoman will also join your team in the game ;) you will be able cross with him as well as use his varius abilities in battle.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
sweet update Dark just got the new demo. Will be sure to play it 2night :)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Megaman hack looks good will try the demo

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2016
i hav a pokemon fire red version. but when i i rename the pokemon fire red into megaman. and i play it. its still pokemon fire red and not megaman. they are in the same folder. and they are only 2 in the folder... can any1 help me whats the problem? TIA

Pikachu222

Hell Angel
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2017
God the ows are sweet and nicely done.Really looking foward for a complete release !

Years
i don't know if this is a bug or a glitch but every time protoman and megaman are about rubble and after megaman sprite come out, the screen says Blastoise and turns black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back