• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Ice's Fakemon Iglo

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
qFZyaUL.png

A custom ranger overworld I made.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Wow, your sprites are really nice! Will you be making a hack with these in it or is this just a fun little hobby?

I'm making a fangame in RPG maker, although proces is going really slow because I have exams this year and my health is getting bad, but whenever I have time, I do some spriting, or I map a bit, put in some scripts. I have a 2 hour demo, although it's quite old, if you're interested?

EDIT: Another overworld, it's a butler with a really hipster haircut.
MJ37aLf.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
hipsters look different here. he looks like a teenager/emo looking good though

about3.jpg

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Yeah, you got me. He has got definitely an emo look to him. Or something you'd see in an anime.

New sprite, only three left.
AoArywb.png

This one is based on stars. Maybe I'm doing one based on meteors, but for now, I've got the celestial bodies covered.

Years
I'm making a fangame in RPG maker, although proces is going really slow because I have exams this year and my health is getting bad, but whenever I have time, I do some spriting, or I map a bit, put in some scripts. I have a 2 hour demo, although it's quite old, if you're interested?

EDIT: Another overworld, it's a butler with a really hipster haircut.
MJ37aLf.png

Dang, sorry bout your health man. I hope you get better. And I'm very interested in your demo is there a link to play it?

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Thanks! I send you the link on your profile.

I did some backsprites and shinies.

Robynode
Spoiler:

Hoodlum
Spoiler:

Eskisnow
Spoiler:

Frosterror
Spoiler:

Teddle
Spoiler:

Balove
Spoiler:

Also, new sprite:
sXy7VCI.png

I also made a little thing showing the progress of creating it, maybe someone wanted to see it, haha.
4m6ssLW.png

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I've got two new sprites, the legendary based on King Midas, and a legendary based on a meteor, that serves as the tiny, cute legendary of the region.

Here's Midaus, it's name is a combination of Midaus, and AU, which stands for gold.
f1tBDeq.png

nuRQmWd.png

And Cosmini, which is based on a meteor. It name comes from Cosmic, and, of course, mini. Because it's small.
Gr2Y2Pq.png

8I9hYyF.png

That also means, I COMPLETED THE DEX(Is there a emblem for that?), which isn't that big, but still, I am quite proud of myself. Some of them will definitely get redesigns and such, and I'll still have to do shinies, and backsprites. I'll have to do overworlds and trainer sprites, maybe I'll do a couple new fakes for fun. I don't plan on letting this thread die.

For anyone that is curious, here is the complete dex, with every square filled:
Spoiler:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
FZGOUHW.png

This is Perrudo (Mashed the spanish for dog and hairy together.) He's a pure normal type. He's very loyal to it's trainer, but he loses loads of hair so the clean up is terrible. It's said that the hair it loses in a day is enough to fill up a pillow a day.

A new sprite. It's in another dex to signify that it isn't part of the old one. I also plan on shrinking the old one down to 80x80 instead of 160x160, because the only reason they're 160x160 is because of my laziness. They look better in 80x80 so I think it's for the better. It'll take a while to do though.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I looked through your fakedex, and I'm amazed by how much effort you really put into them!

My favorites have to be the ones that add exaggeration to what they were based on, such as your recent one being an exaggeration of a dog shedding. They add a lot of interesting points to look for, which follows up with the creativity.

One thing that seems like you can work on are the perspectives of your front sprites. For example, the "Midaus" one that you posted a while back. The arms and the legs that are closest to the viewer should actually extend downwards more, otherwise they look "squished".

Other than that minor detail, a lot of them have great authenticity of being a fakemon! I'd love to see you continue making more of them :)

Mr. Pipboy

Slayin' Ghouls since '98.
Years
I really love your sprites. They a very high quality and they're very nice to look at.

Keep up the good work. Oh and btw, my favourite is this one:
EkqigfB.png

c:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
I must compliment you on the dex. There sure are some great ideas between them including the dark dogs, the witch kats, the hooded robins, the elemental crabs and the sand squids ;)

Maybe try to make background stories (that can be just 2 sentences) for each of them, it will give a design more adapt and sometimes explains a lot.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I must compliment you on the dex. There sure are some great ideas between them including the dark dogs, the witch kats, the hooded robins, the elemental crabs and the sand squids ;)

Maybe try to make background stories (that can be just 2 sentences) for each of them, it will give a design more adapt and sometimes explains a lot.

Thanks. Most have a small dex entry, although I haven't posted most of them here, there just in the game files. Speaking about Elemental crabs...

I have a new one, the Cradapt Power Plant form. You get it by leveling up Hermini in a Power Plant. It's rare because there barely are Power Plants in the game. He doesn't look amazing, but he's fun enough I think.

eJ5B1m9.png

If you need a reminder as to what Hermini and Cradapt actually were, then that is available in the spoiler below

Spoiler:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Did a backsprite and a shiny for Correef .

TQyGS14.png
rAeOqvv.png
2gIDf2M.png

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Hermini and Cradapt are my favorite of your designs. Its quite ingenious the way you utilize the different items for the shell, and rather humorous to say the least. Nevertheless, these two have really good posture, anatomy and shading.

I hope you don't mind me being critical, but there are a couple little things that I would like to point out that you may choose to improve upon. The shading on the garbage can could be slightly reworked so that the highlighting is more vertically elliptical, defining the roundness of the can.

The little black six pixel construct in the middle of the knot on the forest form seems either unnecessary or miscolored.

The tops of the ice crystals on the tundra form seem too sharply contrasted and perhaps even incorrectly shaded with the black outlining.

Now all of that being said, I still am digging this poke-concept and your great spriting work. Beach, cave and power plant forms all look great, and honestly, I see no reason why this line could not be in game!

Great work, and keep spriting!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I've noticed that you've used similar eyes for many of your sprites. Perhaps experimenting with different eye types could improve the general design? And also maybe bring them in a little closer to make the heads seem less blocky.

Aside from that, I love the concepts and the skill you've put in to make these sprites. I don't know whether you've gone back and improved your older sprites over time, but all of them are brilliant nonetheless.

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
I can see pieces of other Pokemon in your sprites, and the HGSS thing in the titlescreen. How are your Fakemon so good? This is the only one I've made that I actually think looks good:
dJeExIh.png
So how do you do it?

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I've noticed that you've used similar eyes for many of your sprites. Perhaps experimenting with different eye types could improve the general design? And also maybe bring them in a little closer to make the heads seem less blocky.

Aside from that, I love the concepts and the skill you've put in to make these sprites. I don't know whether you've gone back and improved your older sprites over time, but all of them are brilliant nonetheless.

Yeah, I'm trying to mix up the eyes a bit with my newer ones, haha. And yes, I'm improving the old ones too, as is the reason for this post.

I can see pieces of other Pokemon in your sprites, and the HGSS thing in the titlescreen. How are your Fakemon so good? This is the only one I've made that I actually think looks good:
dJeExIh.png
So how do you do it?

Practice, and reference. I don't use other pokemons pieces literally, but I seek out body parts that are done similar to do the shading.

I redid Teddle. His line is the main pokemon of one of the dudes in the championship, and with the quality the original sprite had, it doesn't really cut it. So I present, the new Teddle!

eWguOty.png

Here is a comparison between old and new.

BiB1Nz5.png

I might redo Balove too, although I like it a bit better then the old Teddle.

EDIT: Thought I would include the shiny
pdMC15D.png

EDIT: I also redid Pluck again.
ety0tUD.png

bDv5QUk.png

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Guys, the great redesigning has started. I made a new dex, it now exists of 108 squares, which is enough space for 18 new designs. But the main thing you'll notice, is that it's way emptier than the old dex. That's because I want to redo most sprites I don't like.

And the reveal guys, here's the dex:
Spoiler:

I also used this opportunity to scale down the sprites to 80x80, so they don't look too pixely.

I redid Chiroast, as already included, I will just put it here.
ry6Pa7G.png

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Nice to see you redoing this. Obviously some of it was outdated due your improvement on spriting. So succes on redoing this, and I hope ou have lots of fun.

Back