• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plateface

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS? A demo? Well, you have shown all these noobs the power of the Fang Side. ;)

You'll all be happy soon. :D

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
RMXP is correct.

Here it is people!

It's an encrypted RMXP file. You can't edit the thing.

Be warned, if your PC is old and has low hardware, you may experience a lot of lag. This game is best played on newer PCs

INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PLAYING!!!

You must install the FONTS. When you extract and install the files package, there's a folder entitled "FONTS" in there.

If you know how to install fonts, skip this bit.

Go to Control Panel and open Fonts. Either drag and drop the files from Acanthite's FONTS folder into there, or use the file menu's Install New Font feature and locate the place where the fonts are. You're primarily interested in the Pokemon RS font and the Digital Dream font.

If you DON'T install the fonts, you won't see any text.

The game is far from perfect. This demo is an introduction to Pokémon Acanthite for prospective players. At this moment in time, there are only Wild Battles, and Trainer battles function exactly like Wild Battles (Meaning you can catch their Pokémon and run from battle). Switching in battle is disabled, and levelling up does not work (don't worry, this shouldn't be an issue for this demo). There are minor graphical imperfections. There MAY be some unknown and unforseen errors, and they're more likely to occur while battling. If you're having major troubles, you're able to escape from any battle.

Please don't complain that music doesn't change for battles XD

The game does include an introduction to the storyline, your starter Pokémon of choice, a preview of things such as the Pokégear and battle system, a fair chunk of the first part of the game to explore (three towns, three routes, and a big forest), there's a couple of items, mostly for healing though, and working berry plants that function like GSC's. There is weather and time including morning, day, evening and night.

Hopefully you'll enjoy this snapshot of what Acanthite is about!

AND HERE'S THE LINK

EDIT:
This is a release with a few corrections and slightly less glitches! Please download this one.
http://files.filefront.com/Acanthite014zip/;6130359;;/fileinfo.html

Older
http://www.filelodge.com/files/room36/998494/Acanthite.zip

Or alternatively
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WIKRMW0E

Remember to install the fonts! Or you won't see any of the text!

If you get any major errors, please let me know.

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Just as a heads up to everybody, you apparently DO need RMXP installed on your system. The trial version will do, even if your trial's expired.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
when i try to start the game, i get the following error:

"RGSS-RTP Standard not found."

i tried activation the rgss file manually with the game file, but this doesn't seem to work as well.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
when i try to start the game, i get the following error:

"RGSS-RTP Standard not found."

i tried activation the rgss file manually with the game file, but this doesn't seem to work as well.

Anybody who's getting this message needs to install the trial version of RMXP. It's free, and even when the trial expires after 30 days you can play RMXP games still.

Be warned, slow internet users, it's about 30mb
http://www.download.com/RPG-Maker-XP/3000-7537_4-10439795.html

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
Demo is FANTASTIC! You all are the best! I will wait for next demo and next and next and finnaly for full version forever! Good luck.

Years
the demo was fantastic! and the only thing that went wrong was when a Felbin used takle on me the game crased lol, looks to be a great game when full version is released

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
The thing I love the most is the background sound of the thunderstorm :D
It's realistic when you're in a house and still hear it :D
Is the cathrate 100% btw ? Now.. in the demo..
When I trew a PokéBall there poped-up a screen and I instantly caught that Pokémon :P
But.. really nice game.. good scripting on those events to :D

GOOD LUCK !

SuperNova

The demo won't work for me. When I load it up, it just closes after 2 seconds, and doesn't say anything about why this happened.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well it works for me ^^

And it is excellent. Very well done. The sprites, the music and story, they all fit so well together - much better than I expected.

Unfortunately though, my computer is, quite literally, a hunk of metal and silicon, so it runs slowly.

But it's still awesome anyway, so keep up the good work champ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back