• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Mind if I join this club? I've been currently in my Harry Potter obsession phase ever since I watched Deathly Hallows part 1. It was amazing from what I saw, even if they were only running, finding one Horcrux.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
You've been added. :)

I was obsessed on Harry Potter ever since I was a child, so I can understand if someone says "I'm addicted to Harry Potter bla bla bla". Its not really a bad thing, now is it? :P

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It really isn't a bad thing, except when you don't have enough money to go to the movies to see the last movie. D: I just wanna see it so badly and see how the movie ends, since it seems more actiony and magical than the rest.

Also Molly Weasley. <3

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
It had more magicy thing than the others in my opinion. But I want more. :P

And Molly said the words that I wanted her to say. That was epic.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm sure it will be when I get to see it, which will hopefully be next week when I get more money. :D

Also, has anyone seen this before? I was looking for cool Avada Kedavra montages and came across it. It's pretty funny, and it has Voldemort in it. :D It's kinda spoilerish I suppose, if you haven't seen the Half Blood Prince.

Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
And Molly said the words that I wanted her to say. That was epic.
Meh, I wasn't too happy to be honest,
Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Meh, I wasn't too happy to be honest,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

But if you aren't happy with that, then who am I to judge.

Zeroblivion

Brotherhood
Years
Can I join?
Name
: Zeroblivion
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort
Describe your wand: 7 inches, with dragon core

Are you excited to see the finale movie of Harry Potter? What scenes are you excited the most? Will you be disappointed if those scenes aren't included?
Yes. I like Voldemort and Harry Potter scenes in Part 1 so far. No, it's just fine.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Welcome to the club, Zeroblivion!

GUYS! I just thought of an "event" of some sorts for us. Since the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has been released, why not have a movie stream (of the old movies of course)? I'm going to be hosting the stream of course (and tbh, everything is ready). I just need to know when you guys are going to be up for it. Are you guys up for it?

Years
Name: Pave Low
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Who killed our parents?: Madam Hooch
Describe your wand: Mahogany, 10 3/4", Unicorn horn dust

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Zeffy said:
GUYS! I just thought of an "event" of some sorts for us. Since the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has been released, why not have a movie stream (of the old movies of course)? I'm going to be hosting the stream of course (and tbh, everything is ready). I just need to know when you guys are going to be up for it. Are you guys up for it?

And how is this going to work? Is it like making a Youtube video?

Since it's JKR's birthday (and Harry's) isn't she supposed to reveal more Pottermore stuff today?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
And how is this going to work? Is it like making a Youtube video?

Since it's JKR's birthday (and Harry's) isn't she supposed to reveal more Pottermore stuff today?
No revealings, no. They already spilled some information out at LeakyCon about Pottermore, and they want to keep it a secret for when you experience it yourself. The Magical Quill promotion started today, though, which is the beta access promotion where one million people will gain access to Pottermore to shape it before it opens in October. Every day (excluding today, because it already happened today), there's going to be a clue on the main page for a very short period of time throughout the day. You'll have to figure out the answer and go to: http://quill.pottermore.com/ANSWERHERE, where you'll be redirected to sony.com, and you'll have to find the quill floating around a bunch of other quills. Today's question was "How many breeds of owl are featured on the Eeylops Owl Emporium sign? Multiply this number by 49."

It's rather easy, but if you wait too long, it'll be gone. It floats on and off the screen. I catched it rather quickly, though, so I don't know how long it'll stay there. After that, you'll be able to register and sign your name in the book and choose between four generated username, which are a combination of two Harry Potter words with a number at the end. Once you've chosen, then they'll send you a validation email to the email that you've provided. This can take anywhere between the moment you successfully register to... well, it can take a while. Don't start panicking when you don't get the email. For me, I finished registration at 4:47 and didn't get the email until 6:02 AM. Some people who registered when the first clue was given still haven't gotten their email. I do have to say, don't bother trying to request a username or password. It won't work unless your account is validated. The email is just a validation, thank you email thanking you for registering and listing the conditions of registering early with a validation link below it:

"A million registrants are going to be granted early entry into Pottermore to help give it the finishing touches, and the exciting news is that if you validate your account quickly, you could be one of the lucky few selected. Please be quick because places are going to be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis*."

Then when you get the email, you click the link on it to confirm and sign in. Make sure you click it as soon as you can; the sooner you validate it, the higher your chances are at being chosen for early access. You don't gain access to it yet, though. You'll see one of two notices. I can't remember the first one, but it's for people who aren't positively getting access to the beta. Since they have a limited number of beta positions available, they can't give it to everyone - they're splitting the amount of people up gradually and inviting them over the course of the beta leading up to the end of September and starting today. If you do have access to the beta, and there is a seat for you (it comes at first come, first serve basis), then it'll say: "Congratulations! You've successfully validated your early access Pottermore account. You will be one of the lucky few to shape the experience before the site opens to all in October. You may have to wait a few weeks for your Welcome email to arrive as we can't let everyone into the Beta site at the same time. We look forward to seeing you."

But I imagine it'll be hard for some people to get the quill at all. The quill appeared around 4:30 AM EST. Luckily some higher power made me wake up around that time and, alas, it was there. Around 5:13, Day 1 closed registration. So, as you can see, there's only a short period of time that you'll be able to find the quill. I imagine it won't be there the same time tomorrow, though. Otherwise, it'll become too easy, I'd say. More information here: http://insider.pottermore.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Ahhh, I only found out about it this morning after all the places had been filled from Twitter. Going to have to remember tomorrow XD And I hope there is a quiz on what house you're in, and *not* randomly allocated - was discussing with other people how we'd delete our accounts if we were put into Hufflepuff XD Or, at least, get a new one. Then someone not too into Harry Potter says "What exactly is the point in Hufflepuff?" Oh dear. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. I suppose the films don't really give much of a description for Hufflepuffs. But yeah, if I got an early account and was allocated into a house I didn't want, I don't know what I'd do. I'm just childish, I suppose XP

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
There's a series of questions that JK Rowling compiled herself that you answer and then you're sorted. If I get put in Hufflepuff, I'll just make a new account when it's open to the public and force myself to get something else. There are advantages to being a Hufflepuff, though, in Pottermore. You get access to things earlier than the other houses, which was stated at the Pottermore panel at LeakyCon. I don't know how earlier you'll get the access, but I can't imagine it'd be more than a day or two. But still! It would suck to get Hufflepuff just because Hufflepuff doesn't really appeal all that much compared to the other three. It's just the other house with anyone who isn't necessarily witty, smart, cunning, or brave and are just... there. -- DON'T HIT ME!

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
There's a series of questions that JK Rowling compiled herself that you answer and then you're sorted. If I get put in Hufflepuff, I'll just make a new account when it's open to the public and force myself to get something else. There are advantages to being a Hufflepuff, though, in Pottermore. You get access to things earlier than the other houses, which was stated at the Pottermore panel at LeakyCon.

Ahhh, is it just me, or does it look like they know that Hufflepuff is going to be the least popular, and are trying to make it more appealing? XP It's just so obvious Gryffindor and Slytherin are going to be the two most popular, and then Ravenclaw. OK, good, if there's a quiz, then I'm going to answer honestly as I can...without it being a Hufflepuff answer. Sorry guys, I'm just not a fan of Hufflepuff :P

"Did some of the translations of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone contain a different answer to the first clue?
Yes, some of the translations only referred to four of the five owl types when describing the Eeylops sign. We are double-checking the consistency of the translations for the remaining clues but, when in doubt, please always refer to the original English versions of J.K. Rowling's books. "

Oooh, it seems non-British book owners may be at a disadvantage. I never realised how publishers made these subtle differences with editing.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't know any of this stuff about Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I only know about it that everytime I watch it there are added scenes to it and it makes me scratch my head as to what's happening. It's really confusing. :/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm so worried I won't even have any sort of chance at the beta. ._.; If they're all in the middle of the night my time (I expect they won't be since JK would want to be fair to other timezones?) then I'm out of luck. But since I'm working full time this week too, I also expect that even on the days when it shows up at a decent time for me I'd only have internet access on my phone so there goes that idea. :( A friend said she'd sign me up if she can though so... fingers crossed. ;o;

As for publisher edits, I'm pretty sure the US is the only English-speaking country that had any changes, and even then I bet none of the questions asked would be like "what colour was the jumper Harry got for Christmas in the second book?" It's just with translated versions (French, German, Korean, etc.), there's less guarantees that the answer translated well enough to find. :x Regardless, thank goodness Canada has the original British books. Not that it helps me much, haha.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
If it's always gonna be in the middle of the night, I really don't have a chance...I've been working like 60 hours a week lately and I crash most of the time at home at night. But I really wanna get access to this thing....gah, this sucks. I'm like having mini panic attacks over it. bleh.

Back