• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why haven't you finished your ROM hack?

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
im so lazy and i hate inserting tiles

I insert tiles you make everything else (^:

But yeah, making a good hack rom requires time an effort, people just get tired or just don't have the enough time.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
cuz nintendo paid me not to cause they were scared theyd never be able to sell their own games after

true story

Checkmate.

As for me, mostly down to time. It takes a while to work out the maps, scripts (plus normal NPC texts) storyline and testing. Easy to drop off from time to time.

Last edited:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
Because I get distracted. and think of newer "better" ideas so quickly.

I suck, basically.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
im so lazy and i hate inserting tiles

cuz nintendo paid me not to cause they were scared theyd never be able to sell their own games after

true story

I insert tiles you make everything else (^:

But yeah, making a good hack rom requires time an effort, people just get tired or just don't have the enough time.

Checkmate.

As for me, mostly down to time. It takes a while to work out the maps, scripts (plus normal NPC texts) storyline and testing. Easy to drop off from time to time.

Because I get distracted. and think of newer "better" ideas so quickly.

I suck, basically.

On behalf of what seems to be 90% of this sub,

z4r4xmg.png

But yeah, time. It takes a while to really produce something that's playable.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
Waiting for mindcrystal to release it's update before I go and make mine, but I am kind of getting the vibe that it's been abandoned by the author.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
Weeeeeeeeeeel, I would but......not only am I busy with other projects, but I also thought Pokemon Essentials was far more interesting than just romhacking.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
We should all just funnel our strengths into, like... a Community Rom Hack. With so many people working on a single project, it's sure to get finished.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
we would need a squad of scriptybois that wont abandon us

otherwise im down tbh. all i like doing is mapping anyways, and that's certainly the one thing i excel at

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
im happy to script for people i just dont like doing the dialogue.......

thats kinda where the com hack fell down :(

Back