• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scariest/Creepiest place in a video game?

xMaNeDrAgOnZx

Explorer :D
Years
Title says it all ;D

For me it would be Ravenholm from Half Life 2, god that place freaks me out with the fast zombies and the creepy atmosphere and the scary sounds .-.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
The double ladder jump scare in F.E.A.R., to me, is probably one of the scariest moments I've ever had while playing a video game. And with that, ya know, pretty much the entire game Amnesia is just one big scarefest.

User19sq

Half-Life 2 Chapter 6: We Don't Go To Ravenho-
Title says it all ;D

For me it would be Ravenholm from Half Life 2, god that place freaks me out with the fast zombies and the creepy atmosphere and the scary sounds .-.

D'awwwww, someone already beat me to the punch! XDDDDD

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Not going to pick a horror game because that would be too easy.

Fetus of God. (Darkstalkers)
Spoiler:

For a T-Rated fighting game about movie monsters, that sure as hell is disturbing and creepy.

Years
I think we all know what I am going to say! ;)

Silent Hill has to be the creepiest place around. Full of weird monsters, old, creepy builds and FOG!​

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Being 13, getting the hang out of it, after many tries reaching the hidden level, late in the night. I just have to go with this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QydCLORA8Ic
Not really the scariest, but it sure is one of the creepiest games I've played. Of course not counting horror games. Looking at it now, it's nothing. But seeing this as a kid... haha. Couldn't even follow the background closely as the level was quite difficult, so the stage was even more creepier as I didn't know what was behind.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
One part in Silent Hill 3, was the alternate hospital area. The moving blood and that room where the blood grows all over. Jeez, that gave me the chills when I first saw that room.....

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
How about the Shadow Temple from Legend of Zelda; ocarina of Time?

502326.jpg

As a kid, I found it to be very creepy because, well, there was a dark vibe from it, as if something is going to come out from the corner and surprise you.. or something. The music was just.. ugh. Creepy as all hell. XD And the enemies in the temple didn't help me ease into it either. I mean, there were Wallmasters, Floormasters that were crawling everywhere, and sometimes, I got even surprised by the big skulltula's that dropped down from the ceiling. Plus, there was blood throughout the place. Well, that's what I think anyway.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
If I remember correctly the entire game of Fatal Frame 3 was set some freaky manor. It's not my favorite horror game, but I think it definitely the scariest one I've played.

That orphanage cult from Silent Hill 4 was pretty creepy too.

Also, the Amala Labyrinth from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne gave me an uneasy feeling too. :laugh: Particularly with all those eyes looking at you.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Maybe Rapture from the BioShock series. The constant darkness, the whale-like cries of Big Daddies, the crazed screaming of splicers, overall it was a really odd and unnerving environment that made for a really memorable experience.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
the pig faced boss'house on manhunt was scare-gold. the home of a maniac with a pigs face used as a mask and a bloody chainsaw?yup. but then again im not right in the head with that-too many japaneese horror movies to truly fear any game.

2nd would be any inch of code in the first two dead space games

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
The crypt in Arx Fatalis. To tell the whole story: you are making your way through hordes of zombies appearing and before you reach your destination really creepy mummies appear. After you reached your goal, your way back is blocked by a powerful and really creepy lich who is spawning zombies like hell and if you are unlucky, you can't beat it. But there's supposed to be another exit but it goes way deeper into the crypt and so there surroundings more and more get creepier, more mummies appear and if you are unlucky, you can't even find that other exit. Going down even more brings you to a huge chamber which is really dark and if you dare to take the helmet that lies on the coffin, you can fight two liches at once and you can't get outa there, until you beat both of them.

I've finished the game many years ago and I'm still traumatised ^^"

The dwarven mines were creepy too with this big black monster chasing you the hole time (and if it gets you, you are dead).

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
That wrecked spaceship in Metroid Prime 3. Valhalla was the name I guess.
The ghost river where The Sorrow is in MGS 3.
Also many places in dungeon siege I. The creepiest being maybe the swamp/bog. A realy fogy and murky swamp with allsorts of nasty bwings. And maybe the creepiesr place of all within the swamp. A wrecked cathedral with a huge cemetery.

Back