• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team and suggest

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Firstly if you're going for Trick Room on Bronzong, then you're using the wrong Pokemon for the team. Trick Room (unless on Reuniclus) needs a dedicated team to be able to utilise Trick Room effectively, all with -speed natures, and no speed evs, and Bronzong itself isn't good enough to be able to pull off an entire Trick Room sweep.

Anyway, moving onto Glaceon. Mirror Coat isn't really useful to it, while you're better off with either Wish or Heal Bell to also support your team, alongside Vaporeon, if you really want to use it for Hail purposes.

Teach Flygon Fire Blast > Toxic and you'll be good.

On Bronzong I feel it doesn't really have much of a purpose other than to set up SR as a non-lead. You could always get Mamoswine to set up SR for you over Reflect, and give yourself a spare spot to put in whatever else you'd like. Actually, you could always use Espeon there, with a Reflect/Light Screen set, to make up for lack of Reflect on Mamo.

Espeon@Light Clay
Synchronize
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish
- Psychic / Baton Pass

Years
Nica is right, make sure your Trick Room users have Speed-lowering natures (Brave/Quiet/Relaxed/Sassy) and don't put any EVs towards the Speed stat.

For your Glaceon, here's a moveset recommended by Smogon:

Leftovers
Bold nature
Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Roar
- Protect or Heal Bell

Try it out and see if you like it!

Or for an offensive Glaceon, try this:

Choice Specs
Modest nature
Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Sp. Attack
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Ground
- Shadow Ball
- Wish or Baton Pass

Years
Firstly if you're going for Trick Room on Bronzong, then you're using the wrong Pokemon for the team. Trick Room (unless on Reuniclus) needs a dedicated team to be able to utilise Trick Room effectively, all with -speed natures, and no speed evs, and Bronzong itself isn't good enough to be able to pull off an entire Trick Room sweep.

Anyway, moving onto Glaceon. Mirror Coat isn't really useful to it, while you're better off with either Wish or Heal Bell to also support your team, alongside Vaporeon, if you really want to use it for Hail purposes.

Teach Flygon Fire Blast > Toxic and you'll be good.

On Bronzong I feel it doesn't really have much of a purpose other than to set up SR as a non-lead. You could always get Mamoswine to set up SR for you over Reflect, and give yourself a spare spot to put in whatever else you'd like. Actually, you could always use Espeon there, with a Reflect/Light Screen set, to make up for lack of Reflect on Mamo.

Espeon@Light Clay
Synchronize
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish
- Psychic / Baton Pass

Cool, okay first of what is SR?

And if I drop brozong i could use Abomasnow then =) That would give me the permanent hail ( if not disrupted XD) i still could use brozong as a wall if I want to right?

As for Flygon fire blast over toxic? Doesn't sound bad, I could get rid of steel types then... I just used toxic so i can stall with roost. XD

Got it with Glaceon =) I really didn't know what to use there... I just have cus of her high SpA.

Espeon doesn't sound bad at all with the double reflect method. Ahhh I have to ev train the fourth espeon now lol XD ahah I just don't like using Pokemon online... I dunno why.. I guess i am the trials and error guy XD

Thanks for the advice =D

oh and happy easter =)

Nica is right, make sure your Trick Room users have Speed-lowering natures (Brave/Quiet/Relaxed/Sassy) and don't put any EVs towards the Speed stat.

For your Glaceon, here's a moveset recommended by Smogon:

Leftovers
Bold nature
Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Roar
- Protect or Heal Bell

Try it out and see if you like it!

Or for an offensive Glaceon, try this:

Choice Specs
Modest nature
Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Sp. Attack
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Ground
- Shadow Ball
- Wish or Baton Pass

ahh i wish i could really try that set... but I only got one Glaceon and I can't evolve one in Soul Silver... I only own Soul Silver. Sucks to be lol XD But wait haha if I remove Glaceon from my team, I don't have the move hail anymore XD Ah i really need an Abomasnow XDD

Last edited:
Back