• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Facebook game steals Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm surprised there isn't a topic here about this already, but I'm sure there are others on this forum who know of this since there are a few Redditers and the like here.

Earlier this year, Facebook game makers Plinga made a game called Monster's Planet, where aliens exterminated all the monsters on the planet, and it's up to the player to find DNA of said monsters to re-populate the planet by breeding monster eggs.

It's your run of the mill facebook casual game where buying facebook coins rewards the player with special perks/items and many parts of gamepay require you to have a certain amount of friends who also play the game.

The problem though, is the sprites they use for their monsters. Take a look and see if any of these look familar;

pokmon-look-how-original-it-is.jpg

The link to the game's fan page is here if you want to check it out for yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/plingamonstersplanet

A lot of people have already emailed Nintendo about it. Think Nintendo will do anything about it?

blue

gucci
Years
I suppose it's some sort of Pokémon game implemented on Facebook but it's still a complete rip.

This reminds me of Mole Kart, does it look familiar?:

BlaqJester

Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
If Nintendo can take down our beloved apps they should take this game off the market point blank.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Goes to show how much I've been paying attention to the subreddit. I never noticed this.

But yeah, I wonder if Nintendo will take action against this?

Also, what is the gameplay like? If it's completely different, then I don't really mind.
But if it's a complete rip off of Pokemon in gameplay, then I hope it gets taken down!

But I wonder if my aggression is misguided? Maybe it will make others that are unfamiliar with Pokemon but know this, suddenly start liking Pokemon.

I don't know.

Years
Goes to show how much I've been paying attention to the subreddit. I never noticed this.

But yeah, I wonder if Nintendo will take action against this?

Also, what is the gameplay like? If it's completely different, then I don't really mind.
But if it's a complete rip off of Pokemon in gameplay, then I hope it gets taken down!

But I wonder if my aggression is misguided? Maybe it will make others that are unfamiliar with Pokemon but know this, suddenly start liking Pokemon.

I don't know.

Currently, the gameplay is what I what I assume would be if they made a game where you're the old daycare couple :P They start you off with one creature egg. That egg hatches and goes from being a baby to adulthood. When they're adults, you harvest it's DNA. You can take two DNA pieces to make a new creature. Each creature has seven colors: Red, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Purple, and multicolored. Take a look at how bad it is.

While it doesn't really mimic Pokemon gameplay yet, they do plan on a battle system that looks more like a DragonQuest type of game.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Oh dear... That's horrible...

But to be honest, as long as it isn't a direct Pokemon ripoff, I don't actually have many issues with it's existence.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
But to be honest, as long as it isn't a direct Pokemon ripoff, I don't actually have many issues with it's existence.
Only it kinda is with the monster designs there being obvious examples of plagiarism, which is one of the Not Cool Things to Do. Never mind trying to profit off that to boot - imagine making up your own thing and then someone else copying it and making money off of it without your permission, basically. Gameplay can be as different as it wants to be, but when multiple monsters look quite clearly like Pokemon then it's theft of copyright/intellectual property. And there's nothing right about that.

Neon Shades

Hit me with your best shot
Years
That's a complete rip-off
And if Nintendo sued people for showing pictures of a game they made (remember BW premiere ?) I suppose that this game's getting the axe
Really, the game itself is bad and completely ripping off a franchise isn't something taken lightly ...

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Holy Miltanks, I think only maybe three of the creatures on that site are original. I mean seriously look at this:
426219_265980300152228_228708620546063_606534_319416285_n.jpg

427422_260483067368618_228708620546063_593693_1020451914_n.jpg

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
And I saw one of the posts in the fan page... Let me quote...

Gotta breed em' all!

Play Monster's Planet

Doesn't that sound familiar?

And here is an image to most of the alleged monsters compared to Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Well, I think you're missing a few Pokemon that need to be compared to those creatures and a least two of the knock-offs but that's a pretty good list.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I don't use facebook anymore but when I see those monsters I just say the pokemon copied.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Never mind trying to profit off that to boot - imagine making up your own thing and then someone else copying it and making money off of it without your permission, basically.

Well... Making money off of that is one thing... But making something as a tribute to something that you like is another. I am not sure what this game is.

Though the fact they are making money on someone else's ideas is troubling. I totally disagree with that.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I'm surprised there isn't a topic here about this already, but I'm sure there are others on this forum who know of this since there are a few Redditers and the like here.

Earlier this year, Facebook game makers Plinga made a game called Monster's Planet, where aliens exterminated all the monsters on the planet, and it's up to the player to find DNA of said monsters to re-populate the planet by breeding monster eggs.

It's your run of the mill facebook casual game where buying facebook coins rewards the player with special perks/items and many parts of gamepay require you to have a certain amount of friends who also play the game.

The problem though, is the sprites they use for their monsters. Take a look and see if any of these look familar;

pokmon-look-how-original-it-is.jpg

The link to the game's fan page is here if you want to check it out for yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/plingamonstersplanet

A lot of people have already emailed Nintendo about it. Think Nintendo will do anything about it?

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!! FACEBOOK ARE/IS Thieves! I can't believe this I think we should all boycot against facebook!!!!!

[/no one will commit to this cause]

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Reminds me of the Monster Hunter Frontier china made. Can't remember it's name, but it was more of a pathetic ripoff than this.

Still think that the creators of this are going to be sued.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
"Flower monster" is obviously Skiploom though and not Vileplume.. Anyways I saw a thread about this on Smogon a while ago, it's just ridiculous lol. I don't really know if Nintendo will even bother with this because it's just stupid.

Tox

fight me
Years
Holy Miltanks, I think only maybe three of the creatures on that site are original. I mean seriously look at this:
426219_265980300152228_228708620546063_606534_319416285_n.jpg

427422_260483067368618_228708620546063_593693_1020451914_n.jpg
Wow, that's bad. I don't see a single original one there. They didn't even try to cover it up. :/
Top picture (left to right): Skitty, Zigzagoon, Growlithe, Girafarig, Sandshrew, Psyduck.
Bottom picture (left to right): Seaking, Whiscash, Starmie, Seadra, Gorebyss, Tentacruel.

And the same goes for the picture in the original post:
Left to right: Dunsparce, Psyduck, Sandshrew, Piloswine, Mudkip, Lotad, Octillery, Magikarp, Weepinbell, Tangela, Meowth, Slaking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back