• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think you'll just have to reset your DS clock to the correct time and wait it out for a day. Sorry. :( A day isn't too long a wait though!

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Hey, how in the world can someone raise their entree's level on the opposite color to one's game that they own i.e. the entree's black level for White 2 players? Do I have to have the other game with me in order to do this?

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I think you'll just have to reset your DS clock to the correct time and wait it out for a day. Sorry. :( A day isn't too long a wait though!

Reset it again? I already have it set back to the correct date and time. I did that night before last. That's why I'm concerned, since my White 2's daily features appear to be shutting me out 2 days in a row now. I'm concerned that the constant resetting of the clock and pushing forward of the calendar will have me stuck for a while now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Iirc it's actually a 3 day wait to reset the clock. I still haven't changed mine for Daylight Savings because of that, lol.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Reset it again? I already have it set back to the correct date and time. I did that night before last. That's why I'm concerned, since my White 2's daily features appear to be shutting me out 2 days in a row now. I'm concerned that the constant resetting of the clock and pushing forward of the calendar will have me stuck for a while now.

If you change the time on your DS you have to wait for two midnights to pass before everything starts up again.

Years
Do the trains in Anville Town appear on specific days or are they randomized?

It's the latter that is right, they randomly appear on no select day.

Also, I think this applies to Black and White as well as Black 2 and White 2, just to clarify.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's the latter that is right, they randomly appear on no select day.

Also, I think this applies to Black and White as well as Black 2 and White 2, just to clarify.
You are correct.

Anville Town is known for its connection with locomotives, and every day a different train engine can be found on the turntable in front of the town's roundhouse, most of them a part of the Battle Subway system of trains. A Worker on the bridge will explain their origins, inner-workings, and/or capabilities.
Source.

There are also 11 Trains and only 7 days of the week, so it's not based on a certain day.

Cyclone

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Is there any way I can simply give Pokemon from my White to my White 2? I have a motherload of Pokemon to trade and it would be nice if I didn't have to catch the same number in my White 2 game to trade back when I am sure I won't be using them in White anyway.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There's no way as far as I know. :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Transfer programs are cross Generation. So you can only mass Transfer between Gens 3 and 4 or Gens 4 and 5. Since both B/W and B2W2 are in the same Generation, you have to do one by one trades.

There isn't any way to transfer from White/Black to Black 2/White 2.

Years
Also, to add on to what XanderO said, you can trade as soon as you have the first Gym Badge and the C-Gear.

There are no other requirements, and you can trade with both Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
What is the purpose of hacked Pokemon? Nobody wants them for trades and isn't there more pride in legit Pokemon? Also is there any dangers to having hacked Pokemon? I just figured out my shiny Charizard is hacked and I need to know if it would be safe to trade to Black 2 and breed before releasing it

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Breeding with a hacked Pokemon is fine. Most people tend to agree that it's legit, because you legitimately bred the Pokemon, which is how you're supposed to get certain Pokemon. So that's fine. Hacked Pokemon aren't allowed in tournament play, so if you do those, you should let that Charizard go. And no one wants hacks because of those reasons. It's also a pain to work hard to get a Pokemon through breeding or RNG abuse and trade it for a hack, which is easy to do that. So it feels like a waste of work for those that end up getting a hack for something they spent time and effort on.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Is there any way I can simply give Pokemon from my White to my White 2? I have a motherload of Pokemon to trade and it would be nice if I didn't have to catch the same number in my White 2 game to trade back when I am sure I won't be using them in White anyway.
I know two others answered this, but they're right that you can't just send Pokémon across; both are Unova, after all. I will state that unless you use Action Replay (non-3DS) and a cloning code to create a box full of Purrloin (or something else useless that you will remember to trade), you have to otherwise catch every single Pokémon to trade over for an incoming one.

If while doing this you want to see something that I found slightly humorous, look at the catch location of a Route 19 Patrat or such in B/W. It says "Faraway place". I'd be curious if B/W Route 10 Vullaby, Rufflet, etc. says the same thing in B2/W2.

Cyclone

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Anybody know the easiest way to make a Star Pokemon? I've heard it becomes a star automatically when you get a weird ending on a movie but I can't find information on how to do that or the easiest way to make a Star Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
How does one use the memory link on the WFC?
Through inputting a Game Sync ID of Pokemon Black/White. When you get to the bit that asks you to choose the technique of linking, use the Wi-Fi one, connect, then it will ask you for a Game Sync ID. Input a Game Sync ID connected to a Pokemon Black/White game and confirm it. Wait for some time and it's done, the linking's done, just like if you'd link through Wireless Communications.

Years
Anybody know the easiest way to make a Star Pokemon? I've heard it becomes a star automatically when you get a weird ending on a movie but I can't find information on how to do that or the easiest way to make a Star Pokemon.

Yes, getting a Strange Ending is the only way you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back