• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
Windows XP is a bit LáááGGY... Certainly if you a have lack of working memory [RAM], which is often the issue by old computers. If you use Windows 7 with a 600+ GB hard drive, everything will work fine, until 100 years later, when all space is used.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Hey guys, are there any substitute programs to convert .obj files to .imd if I can't find Maya 7? I have every other file to export and import maps into the game, so it's frustrating to get stuck this close. Thanks in advance.

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
Hey guys, are there any substitute programs to convert .obj files to .imd if I can't find Maya 7? I have every other file to export and import maps into the game, so it's frustrating to get stuck this close. Thanks in advance.

i thought the new mkds fixed this.... guess not, or maybe i read something wrong...

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Turns out it's in their current or upcoming beta release. I only just found that out.

Years
Is there any chance you would release the source code to this tool? I'm very interested in how you accomplished a lot of these things.

yeah i still interesting about that, but for now i not shocked what he did. but this tools is need re-organize on coding. but is still awesome :D

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Omg thank you so much!!!! now i can have fun on the newer roms!! Mwuahahahahahahahahhahah!!!!!!

YORAMRW

Years
i thought the new mkds fixed this.... guess not, or maybe i read something wrong...

Spiky said to me that he will write a converting program, maybe. He isn't sure that he will do that, so don't rely on that. It would be very good from him if he do that.

YORAMRW

Years
I have a question, because I have seen this picture:
5056da66a2ac705b9af4e577cea20caa_500.png

It's from late September, and it's posted by Team Fail. They said that it is your tool, and I found it nearly after it was posted. I see that you can view the entire map on the screen. This must be one of your beta stages, but I have missed this.
What was this nice feature, and are you planning to reinsert this awesome stuff in a next beta? It would be very cool.

Last edited:

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have a question, because I have seen this picture:
5056da66a2ac705b9af4e577cea20caa_500.png

It's from late September, and it's posted by Team Fail. Thay said that it is your tool, and I found it nearly after it was posted. I see that you can view the entire map on the screen. This must be one of your beta stages, but I have missed this.
What was this nice feature, and are you planning to reinsert this awesome stuff in a next beta? It would be very cool.

That's not SDSME, and it never was like that (but I wish it were). That's a map matrix viewer someone else made.

I have been looking for a better way to display matrices, and the only good result I ever got was a window that showed all the move permissions at once. However, it was slow, and HGSS sometimes crashed it. Showing multiple maps or at least buildings in 3D may be considered for a big version like 2.0.0, but it would take sometime as I'd have to write a new rendering code from scratch :)

YORAMRW

Years
@Spiky-Eared-Pichu That sounds cool. I am wondering what there will be in 2.0.0 ("Something Huge"). It certainly sounds really good for 2.0.0: Viewing all 3D model maps around the selected one, using the pointers and headers with the Matrix Viewer, and visible buildings on the overworld. We should ask Team Fail about the tool.

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
.youtube.com/watch?v=UiftyCeTuog

Please watch this.I want to fix Textures.

Someone Tell me!! :)

Yoshi is very cute :P

Really good map! I thank that you must use a different emulator like DeSmuME and change the renderer in config/ 3D settings. (Open GL 3.2 is nice)

On the other hand, did you edited the .bdhc files?

Good luck!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2013
Really good map! I thank that you must use a different emulator like DeSmuME and change the renderer in config/ 3D settings. (Open GL 3.2 is nice)

On the other hand, did you edited the .bdhc files?

Good luck!!

Thank you for your commments.

I could fix textures by using NO$GBA. I did't edit the .bdhc files.

I imported it from the other maps.I'm sorry I wasn't up to your expectation.

I could make simple textures animation.Please watch this.:P

.youtube.com/watch?v=O0dCuOK_8H4

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Thank you for your commments.

I could fix textures by using NO$GBA. I did't edit the .bdhc files.

I imported it from the other maps.I'm sorry I wasn't up to your expectation.

I could make simple textures animation.Please watch this.:P

.youtube.com/watch?v=O0dCuOK_8H4

Oh! Well I think we will be able to edit the .bdhc files in the future! ^_^

Good animation system! ;)

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
I believe Spiky was already aware of that problem. You can actually edit them, but they have to be at a certain position. To be exact, the position can't be a negative value. (Sometimes you'll see the X of a position be -7. If you save that one, it'll crash.)
I think it's fixed in 1.8

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I believe Spiky was already aware of that problem. You can actually edit them, but they have to be at a certain position. To be exact, the position can't be a negative value. (Sometimes you'll see the X of a position be -7. If you save that one, it'll crash.)
I think it's fixed in 1.8

Thanks for comment, but I have the same problem with other settings: when I change the Model Index to 23 or 25 (instead of 24) I got the same message.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I'm planning to release 1.8.0 next week. However, it's been impossible to finish B2W2 scripts, so they will be disabled for now (like in 1.7.0). The other games (BW included) will have script reading and saving support. I have also fixed lots of bugs and added some new features, specially for the Gen V games. I have changed some code in the background too, which will make direct NSBTX editing possible.

Thanks for your support!

YORAMRW

Years
Wow! Sounds good. You don't have to bring 1.8 out next week, which means that it isn't complete. Feel free to complete it, you don't need to hurry.

Back