• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2015
What was the mew glitch in pokemon r/b/y? My friend said you can obtain mew but you gotta do this glitch o.o

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
To do the Mew Glitch:

1. Avoid Youngster next to Nugget Bridge (Has a Slowpoke)
2. Avoid Gambler next to Saffron City that's facing north.
3. Have Fly.
4. Go underground from Celadon to Lavendar, stopping as soon as you leave the house without taking any steps and save.
5. Take one step down and immediately hit start. If you do it right, you'll open the start screen, but the guy will see you. Fly to Cerulean. Note: your start menu won't be able to open.
6. Hunt down the guy with a Slowpoke. Note: he has to take a step towards you, he can't see you and battle without moving. After the battle, your start screen will work again.
7. Fly to Lavendar Town.
8. Try to leave towards Saffron. Your start menu will automatically open, and when you close out, you'll fight Mew.

Does anyone know of a website that tells base stats for pokemon in Red/Blue/Yellow? Every site I find just has the new stats (with Special Atk. separate from Special Def.). Or, does anyone know if there's a way to calculate the old Special Stat from the new stats?

Last edited by a moderator:

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Aaand final question. Is there a site or a way to find out the stats of enemy Pokemon?

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but I got bored one night and by using a combo of the 'infinite Master Balls' and the 'Steal trainer's Pokémon' cheats I found out the stats of the Gym Leader's Pokémon in Gold and Silver:
Spoiler:

I meant to do the same for the Elite Four and Red's Pokémon but never got round to it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but I got bored one night and by using a combo of the 'infinite Master Balls' and the 'Steal trainer's Pokémon' cheats I found out the stats of the Gym Leader's Pokémon in Gold and Silver:
Wow, that's a really good idea. I'll just do that in Blue Version.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Just wondering, was encountering Ho-oh and Lugia completely optional in G/S/C??

I know in Crystal Suicune was forced...and in the remakes you have to encounter them before the Elite 4. However, I don't know about the originals...

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
If I wait to evolve my Trancell into Butterfree until level 12, will it still learn Mindpower ("Confusion" in US)? In other words, if Trancell hits level 12, then progresses to Butterfree, will it add Mindpower right after the evolving, or would I miss out?

NTG

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
Pokemon Yellow Training Locations?

Hi I'm playing pokemon yellow and having a hard time finding a good spot to train my level 42 Charizard. I am currently at Victory Road training some of my other pokemon, but Charizard stinks here against all these rock types. I'm trying to get him around level 60 to take on the elite four, so can anyone help me out? :)

Emlam

Old School
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
Pokemon Mansion. In R/B it's fire types but in Yellow it's infested with sludge and giant rats. Kill the rats. Bring Antidote.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
How is it possible to relearn a move?

If you have Pokemon Stadium 2, and you beat the Elite Four on Pokemon Stadium 2 with pokemon only from your cartidge, you have the opportunity to relearn a move of a Pokemon which you used to beat the Elite Four. This is the only way to relearn a move, sadly. :\

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Hey guys, I was just recently playing Pokemon Silver and I plugged in my link cable in my GameBoy SP to trade with a friend, when I turned it on it only gave me the option to start a new game and not continue. Thats odd because I was playing my Silver three months ago and it was working fine and now some how it just erased my data.

I started a new game and saved the game and I then turned it off. After I turned it off, I turned it back on again and it gave me the option to continue. I then turned it off and put the link cable in and turned it on again and it only gives me the option to start a new game.

I then, started a new game and I was playing for over 30 mins, I saved it and turned it off after, but when I turned it back on it gives me the option to continue but it says my data has corrupted (My link cable wasnt even inserted)

Can someone tell me what the probelm is, is it the link cable or the battery? How can I fix it?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Sounds like it was your battery.

Gold and Silver are notorious for their internal batteries running dry and either corrupting data or failing to save. It happens after a few years because of the internal clock slowly draining the battery.

You can replace it (There'll be instructions online somewhere), but you won't be able to get back your lost data.

Years
I think you may have a battery issue. Either the battery is starting to run dry or, if you had the battery replaced, someone incorrectly replaced the battery.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
You guys are missing the part where he says that it was only happening when he plugged in the link cable. The battery drain issue would just take it out in one swift strike.

On the other hand, the link cable isn't exactly renowned for it's mystical ability to make save files invisible. If you can get a hold of a different link cable, try it out. I'm assuming the same doesn't happen on the other end of the wire actually, so maybe try using the cable the other way around, even. If it keeps on doing damage, maybe it really is some battery tomfoolery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back