• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyrus [OOC + SU Thread: Rated M]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
I'll have to ask that I be excused for about two days from the RP please.

I'm going to be doing community service hours so that I'll meet the quota necessary for my graduation. I'll be gone for the next one or two days, and won't be able to successfully make a decent post in the amount of freetime I'd be allotted.

If it's not too much trouble for anybody I'll just have to be absent for the time being, and come back afterwards

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Should be no problem. Good luck with your community service.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Name: Tyson "The Red" Reeves

Race:
Human

Country of Origin:
Falke

Side: Mercenaries

Religion: The Council of nine, particularity Thordain

Appearance: Despite his family hailing from Falke Tyson does not fit the typical image of his people. It is rumoured that the blood of the Highmen runs through his veins and looking at him you can see why. He stands six feet tall and has shoulders as broad as an ox. A life of working in the fields from a young age and a short term of service in the Falke army have toned his body as well as tanning his naturally pale skin.

The most striking feature about Tyson is his bright red hair, which earned him the nickname "Red" even from being a child. His hair is long but straggly falling to about an inch above his shoulders. A thick beard coves his face of the same rusty red colour as his hair. His eyes are a brown with flecks of dull green like a muddied battle field.

Usually Tyson wears a white shirt, well it was white at one time, many fights and days travelling have stained it such that it shall never be clean again. Over this he wears a chain vest a "souvenir" from his army days, the battered rings still hold despite having taken their share of a beating. The chain mail hangs below his waist and he wears a thick leather belt, with a large brass buckle, over it. From his belt hangs his hammer, always at hand for when he needs to strike down a foe from a distance. His trousers are plain, the brown of a common peasant, it is a small reminder of his past.

At one point he had a helm but he left it behind when he fled the army, preferring to let the wind blow through his untamed hair. He also wears a black hooded cloak with a yellow lining, yet another item he retained form his days in the Falke army. Around his neck he wears a pair of crossed axes made from copper on a simple chain it is a symbol of Thordain.

Personality:
Tyson is the kind of guy who knows what he wants and goes out of his way to get it. He has no qualms with stealing to get what he is after but often finds it better on his reputation if he finds a legitimate way to do things. And reputation is all you've got in his line of business, the better your reputation the more people will come out of their way to find you. He sees no sense in saving money and spends most of what he gets from his work quite quickly but he keeps a small amount to tide him over till his next job. Or rather the next time he gets paid.

As a Mercenary there aren't many jobs that Tyson wouldn't take, only ones that he considers suicide missions. The thrill of the fight is something that Tyson craves, which is a part of the reason he left the Falke army. The challenge of beating multiple enemies or taking down a single powerful enemy is what Tyson looks for in battle. Easy fights or finishing off harmless targets doesn't interest him. In the Falke army he had a tendency to break rank to fight, his view of battle is not strategy and mass formations but a single man's fight for survival. Tyson began to pray to Thordain some time after joining the Falke army. He prays every night and morn by swearing his fidelity to Thordain asking for protection in battle and then offering tribute in the form of his slain opponents. As far as plans go he likes to keep things as simple as possible. Normally that means starting a fight even if negotiations would be more suitable.

His sense of pride is very strong, especially for a common man, and he can get angered very easily is something offends him. Tyson dislikes nobles, particularity those that treat their subjects poorly, as he doesn't believe in birth rights. In his mind all men should be born equal, an idea not fitting of the times, though his dislike goes beyond that as far as being prejudice. Despite this a lot of work comes from rich clients so he grudgingly works with them, though he will take no nonsense from them. When angered Tyson will get aggressive, but he normally has enough restraint to avoid drawing his weapon unless necessary. Being a farmers son, he hasn't been educated and even so he is a bit thick witted. He can't write and can only read enough to find the nearest tavern.

When he isn't travelling or working you will probably find Tyson in the nearest tavern, enjoying himself, by drinking, gambling or singing, which the other guest don't always enjoy. He isn't used to the high life and this is reflected in his choice of drink, a hardy stout. He is more than a little cocky at the best of times but this is made worse when he has been drinking, he will often get into bar fights while in a drunken stupor often for trivial reasons. He also believes that he is irresistible to the ladies and will frequently try to flirt even when working. No matter how many times he gets slapped round the face his self-confidence doesn't get hurt and he goes on thinking that he is a real charmer.

History:
Tyson's home town is towards the northern border of Falke. A small hamlet some halfway between the city of Kirkland and the neighbouring country of Miracyia. It goes simply by the name Crow's Foot as it straddled a somewhat uneven set of cross roads. His father was a typical Falke farmer with his mother side carrying his abnormal blood.

As a young boy life was hard, the life of a peasant is one of constant toil. Yet his father made sure there was always food his wife and child. As long as Tyson can remember his father would go to the woods in the middle of the night, carrying a bow and hand crafted arrows. He would return before morning with his well earned spoils, a rabbit or pheasant or maybe even a swan all for the pot. Tyson was normally sent to bed before his father left at night but every now and again his mother would let him stay up, just to see what he brought home in the early hours of the morning. His mother would kiss his father good bye and wish for his safety before he left. When ever he asked where his father was going, his mother would answer "The woods" and put a finger to her lips because it was their secret. Sometimes Tyson would ask to go with his father, to which his father would laugh and say he could go when he was old enough.

From by age of six Tyson was already helping out with farm life and could manage to do a great many of the simplest tasks with out help. His father would encourage him saying that helping around the farm would help Tyson become big and strong enough to go with him at night. Alas that night never came. One night Tyson's father left and didn't return. Tyson and his mother waited all night until the dying embers of the fire faded to ash but still he did not return. The life of a poacher is a dangerous one and as they found out some days later, he had been spotted, shot with an arrow and killed by one of the lords men protecting his master property. The death of his father hit Tyson hard but he had to remain strong. There was more work than ever on the farm and his mother was starting to show the signs of her age. Aged only eight Tyson began to take over more and more of the work on the farm until by the time he was in his mid teens he was managing it alone.

His mother tried to persuade Tyson to peruse his own life, to further himself beyond being a simple farmer, to find a wife and start his own family. Tyson refused to leave as he knew that doing so would be sentencing his mother to death. He continued to run the farm until his mother passed away when he was fifteen. He laid his mother to rest beside his father and sold up the farm. The little money that he received he used to travel to Falcon Peak, where he would join the army.

Despite being aged only fifteen Tyson looked old enough to get away with lying about his age and join the army. He spent two years training, fighting and guarding before he decided to leave. He had finally had enough of being treated worse than the dirt people walk on. It is a surprise that he lasted two years as his personal view of war didn't fit with the armies view of war even from the off. Before fleeing the army he carefully considers his options. He decided that becoming a mercenary was a much more profitable choice than becoming a bandit.

Over the next few year Tyson travelled the lands, taking jobs when he needed. His hammer he stole from a blacksmiths in the Highlands when he was evading the men of a Lord he had just killed and was in desperate need of a weapon. It was during this time that he slew a knight and took his pole axe as a trophy, this is the same weapon that he wields even today.

Weapon Preference:
Tyson wields a poleaxe as his primary weapon. It consist of a six foot shaft tipped with a head made up of three parts. An axe head designed to rip through amour faces forwards. Facing the other way is a bill hook, a long spike that curves towards the wielder, for pulling enemies in. On the top of the tip is a six inch steel spike and at the butt end of the poleaxe there is a similar spike.

His secondary weapon is a heavy throwing hammer. It has large stone head sat atop a sturdy oak shaft and a leather strap on the end of the handle. Tyson will swing it by the leather strap to build up momentum before releasing it at his enemies. As it is a blunt weapon it is easier for Tyson to retrieve after throwing, especially when he can snag it with his bill hook.

RP Sample:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Other:

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
The Warden is accepted and sign ups are closed. We may open them up later if we think we can handle more players.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Hey, I understand Sign ups are closed but absolutely HAD to post praising the RP (after Skymin recommended I give it a look)! Reading through the background info provided it is staggeringly well thought out and a pleasure to read. Hope the RP continues to go from strength to strength for all those involved!

EDIT: I've been told the Sign Ups have been reopened and as such here is an SU (Apologise for any poor grammar I havent had a chance to proof read yet but will do so in the morning):

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Arctos.....your SU is accepted. Congratulations! You are the member of Knights as previously discussed. Read through the knight posts, paying all most of your attention to Percival posts since those contain the most plot relevant detail. As far as your first post is concerned, please wait till the Knights are down with the tower as you will be given a special role to play as a reward for your patience.

Aside from that, Rokusasu has been temporarily anvil'd/booted for inactivity. *inside joke* She can return later if she displays interest still and after I discuss it with Supervegeta.

Also, be on the look out for a OOC post from me or an edit to this one (depending on activity in the OOC thread) as I will have a special OOC post that will summarize what happened in the Tower and where the Knights will go from here.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Thanks for accepting Rickard! I've literally just finished reading through the Knights posts so I should be just about prepared for whatever role it is you have in store store for the Shadow Swan xD

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
A Knight post is up despite inactivity from Silver Rogue (he has his reasons though lol) and the lack of requested edits from CrumbledCandyWrappermanthing (I forgot his name offhand). So all Knights can post in response and Arctos can post as soon as he would like to/is capable of.

Enjoy!

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Out of interest how long does it typically take for one round of posting to complete? Would love to have Rickard answer Ser Grey xD

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Typically, it could take a while, and with everyone's schools starting now, it could take even longer. However, the mercenary side is generally more active than the 'Knights', so if you wish, you may answer Ser Grey before the others post, especially since two of them aren't very active at the moment and the third is the slowest poster in the history of posting, you know who I'm talking about!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Skymin's taking ages. Not my fault. Our join post will be up in a MONTH.

You may go back to your regular viewing now.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I suppose I could make a Knight post if desired. Up to Supervegeta really. Sort of waiting on the slowest poster in history to do her thing. The annual post.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Ah Okay, well I'm in no rush. I was just wondering, and I am perfectly happy to wait.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I've started playing Guild Wars 2 and i've named my character Ava. So now I've decided that I'm going to name all my pets after the Mercenaries in our little group and that once the mercenaries get a name, I'll be making a guild called that.

YEP.

Also me and ichiro are working on a joint post.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Just a note as anyone that has spoken of the Shadow Swan seems to have made the mistake of saying its a small ship. It is quite a large ship for its time (and really the greatest size that is still practical and not just showing off). 300 oars is no small feat (considering every one of the oarsmen and the other crew need quarters) and would require a complicated arrangement (I imagine it as an early trireme).

Sorry if I didnt make the size clear in the first post! My fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back