• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another New Game [T]

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
...did you just make a Recettear reference?

I LOVE Recettear. :3

~

And I've not started on my prologue 'cause I don't know the decision regarding following the script, and we haven't been told who our rival is. *psyduck*

W-what? N-no. I don't know this "Recettear" :nervous:

I-I mean, it's not like I was suddenly charged for an item with more than I have that I had to go adventuring for Recette. The Rune Fairies... They're not collectors at all! I swear! :cer_shifty:

I made up a fake rival, Martin. I've spent about 3 - 4 solid hours writing this up, I think it's about 3 or 4 pages long.

What? MS Office pages or paper pages?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Microsoft Office Pages. Most of the dialogue however does take up a bit of space so that's probably the more prominent reason behind its size.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I made up a fake rival, Martin. I've spent about 3 - 4 solid hours writing this up, I think it's about 3 or 4 pages long.
That's, like, 1200-1600 words, no?

W-what? N-no. I don't know this "Recettear" :nervous:

I-I mean, it's not like I was suddenly charged for an item with more than I have that I had to go adventuring for Recette. The Rune Fairies... They're not collectors at all! I swear! :cer_shifty:
I can't tell if you're referencing Recettear, 'cause I haven't played it in a while. -_-"

If you are, though...+5 Approval.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yes, approximately that many words, if not more. I still believe in quality vs quantity though. On that note, mine's finished and I might post it here just to get it off my chest for tonight. There might be some grammatical and spelling errors - naturally, it's half past 12 in the morning. =p - which I'll be likely to fix up tomorrow.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Yes, approximately that many words, if not more. I still believe in quality vs quantity though. On that note, mine's finished and I might post it here just to get it off my chest for tonight. There might be some grammatical and spelling errors - naturally, it's half past 12 in the morning. =p - which I'll be likely to fix up tomorrow.
I believe in quantities of quality. :v

If we can make our rivals, it will be delicious.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Interesting choice of words... I don't think it'd be really delicious, but it'd be definitely interesting. I had a great time designing mine. His starter is a Treecko. More will be revealed when I post it, of course so stay tuned 'till then. =p

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Interesting choice of words... I don't think it'd be really delicious, but it'd be definitely interesting. I had a great time designing mine. His starter is a Treecko. More will be revealed when I post it, of course so stay tuned 'till then. =p
I have many interesting words. :P

The delicious descriptor was just for what I would do. I tried to put an evil smiley face, but the forum turned it into a regular smiley face with a > next to it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I uhh...may have gotten a bit carried away. XD But, it's the Prologue! I promise my actual posts won't be so long-winded.

Spoiler:

I already have a subplot planned out for Adelaide's rival. ^_^

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I uhh...may have gotten a bit carried away. XD But, it's the Prologue! I promise my actual posts won't be so long-winded.

Spoiler:

I already have a subplot planned out for Adelaide's rival. ^_^

-twitch twitch-

I think we should have cut the posts to smaller, manageable pieces. Why? Well, other people tend to lose interest. Me? I'm just lazy and not that motivated to read a fanfic-like post.

You did make a lot... in fact, you made more than my entire fanfiction.net account's stories!

... at least I think you did. My largest chapter was 4k words.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Oh snap we're supposed to post them in here? lol
Maybe. I did it anyway. :v

@Alchemist:'Twas just under 4K words.

And if people aren't willing to read all at once, they probably won't be willing to read it in chunks, either. I'd rather preserve the flow of the prologue than destroy it so people who wouldn't read it won't read it anyway. :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I usually go that long on the Super-Hero themed rp's Pokemon's kind of a different spectrum lol

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Maybe. I did it anyway. :v

@Alchemist:'Twas just under 4K words.

And if people aren't willing to read all at once, they probably won't be willing to read it in chunks, either. I'd rather preserve the flow of the prologue than destroy it so people who wouldn't read it won't read it anyway. :P

True, but remember this is an RP. Posting in smaller manageable pieces may ruin the flow, but that's not the point. Providing less, you allow another to respond to what you did.

You never know, my character could show up and have a double-battle.

... Also, I might not be coherent right now, as it is just about 5 A.M. here.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
True, but remember this is an RP. Posting in smaller manageable pieces may ruin the flow, but that's not the point. Providing less, you allow another to respond to what you did.

You never know, my character could show up and have a double-battle.

... Also, I might not be coherent right now, as it is just about 5 A.M. here.
Umm, I did say that my normal posts won't be long-winded. My regular posts have about 2-3 paragraphs; the prologues are non-interactive with each other's characters. ^_^

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Umm, I did say that my normal posts won't be long-winded. My regular posts have about 2-3 paragraphs; the prologues are non-interactive with each other's characters. ^_^

Sleep, go away. I just woke up~

Spoiler:

-looks up at the two 'official' posts-

Ugh, fine. We can't plan this.

And who's to say we can't interact with others?

RPM

Why can't we at least see each other?

On another note, OoC thread is up. Let's take this there, shall we?

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
I suppose I should say the OOC thread is up, but you found that out yourselves...but...still...
*booop*

---------<---- ((OOC: Line of doom. All OOC posts go to the thread or in parentheses. Players you may now "officially" post your prologues :D Chapter 1 will be up in a bit.))

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Let's get this adventure started
Littleroot Town
Oliver Riverwood
[FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT="]★[/FONT]
[/B][FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT="]
IeVF7.gif

[/FONT]

Spoiler:

Let's get this adventure started [II]
Littleroot Town
Oliver Riverwood

[FONT="]★[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IeVF7.gif[/IMG]

[/CENTER]
[FONT=Arvo]

[/FONT][SPOILER][FONT=Arvo]Dressed in his usual clothing, and having fixed his clock, Oliver zoomed down stairs. He seemed to almost immediately enter an open plan living area. For an open space, it seemed extremely cosy. [/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Ah there you are! I've been looking for you everywhere!" yelled a young boy to Oliver. He looked around about the same age as Oliver, he had light brown hair that was held straight by a rather hideous headband. He had deep green eyes and he seemed to bulge muslce from his even greener t-shirt.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Martin!" Oliver exclaimed, uneasy; trying to conceal this by smiling.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
"Tone it down a bit Martin", Oliver's mother wihspered.
"Sorry Mrs Riverwood." Martin apologised sincerly.

He then turned sharply back to Oliver, his eyes glistening with energy.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Have you recevied your partner yet? Well...have you? I have! He's so awesome, come look, loook!" Martin said, raising his voice again.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

Oliver's mother shot Oliver a sharp look which Oliver received as "Get him out, pronto."[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Ugh, let's go outside, I've got to find the proffessor anyway to get my Pokemon." Oliver requested.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
"Sure." Martin replied.

They both stepped into the crisp morning air. A gentle breeze blew, blowing several oddish across the paddocks adjacent to the opposite line of houses to his home. [/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Ooooodish" the little voices screamed in laughter.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"So what's this new Pokemon of yours?" Oliver asked, curious.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
"He's a beauty alright." Martin answered enthusiastically.

He pulled out a pokeball, and clicked the perfectly rounded central button. The ball opened and so released a small green, leafy creature. When it came into full focus, Oliver knew exactly what is was.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Ah a Treecko!" he exclaimed.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
"Indeed, and he's a fine one at that!" "Use pound!" Martin ordered.

The small Pokemon readied its fists and punched the ground with a decent amount of strength. Martin smiled at Oliver proudly.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

Before Oliver could respond, he heard a distant voice. It sounded as though someone needed help![/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Help aaahk, someone help, get of me Zigzagoon!" [/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

The two ran stricly west toward route 101 where the pleading got louder. Surprisingly, Treecko kept up, even out running the teens at some points. A droplet of sweat ran down Oliver's face, yet his eyes remained locked on the location of the cries for help. [/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

When they reached the source of yelling to their shock, they found the professor. [/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Argh boys, argh ouch ow, come help me! Owww." the professor yelled.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

A pack of Zigzagoon circled him,running on their tiny, spiky legs. The two remained cool.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Alright,"Martin said, "I'll distract Zigzagoon while you grab the professor!"[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
"Got it" Oliver replied, determined to help the struggling man as soon as possible.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
"Treecko!," Martin ordered, "Pound, now!"[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

Treecko gathered its strength, and charged toward the pack of Zigzagoon. Dispersing in all direcrions, the pack, focusing its attention now on the small leafy Pokemon. Angry they thrusted toward Teecko in a burst of light, leaving a blazing white path behind them. [/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Ack, they're too quick!" Martin yelled to Oliver, "Get him now!"[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
With the Zigzagoon distracted, Oliver leaped at the opporunity. He yanked the proffessor. The professor grabbed his bag full of notepads, his state of the art laptop, and pokeballs and ran out of view.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Martin, let's go!" Oliver called.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
"Rodger that!" Martin winked cheekily, grinning.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]
"Treecko, leer!"[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

Treecko shoot a sharp look at the spiky Pokemon who began to flee.[/FONT] [FONT=Arvo]

"Return!" Martin declared. A red beam of light safelty transported the tired Pokemon back to its home.[/FONT][FONT=Arvo][/SPOILER][/FONT][FONT=Arvo]

[/FONT]
[CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=black][FONT="]Let's get this adventure started [III]
[/FONT]
[/SIZE]​
[/CENTER]
[FONT="]Littleroot Town[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT="]Oliver Riverwood[/FONT]

[FONT="]★[/FONT]
IeVF7.gif

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
ミハラ Ariel

Ariel is slowly coaxed awake by a gentle rocking and the low hum of an engine. She peered an eye open, then rubbed the drowsiness away. Noticing that she's in a room -correction, moving room- filled with moving boxes (as in those used for moving things, not actual moving boxes. Well, they are moving, but that's just inertia) she sat up against a stacked pile, trying to remember what happened.

Reaching up to touch the top of her head, she felt the fedora resting on it and things clicked.

"Kyouko."

Suddenly, the truck -or so she thinks- stopped, causing a light box to fall to her side.

'ミハラ ありえる
Clothes
LittleRoot, Hoenn'
She read.​

Taking a cutter from her bag, she crossed out her name then cut the packaging tape and peeked inside. The contents of the box is a pile of her clothes, from casual to sleepwear, and a red beret. She slipped it in her bag, then stood up, the box now laying forgotten on the floor.

A loud metalic squeaking on one side of the room caused her to turn. The shutters on one side of the wall opened, forcing the girl to raise her arm to block the intruding light. From the other side of the veil, two arms reached in and took stacks of boxes, letting Ariel see a glimpse of them.

One pair of arms seems to have white fur growing all throughout its length, and instead of hands has a set of claws. To the girl, it seemed to be very familiar, like she had seen those arms before but couldn't recall where.

The other pair has grayish-blue skin with red tatoo like strips on the bicep and triceps. It also has the thickes muscles Ariel has ever seen, and as it lifted three large boxes labeled for different heavy furniture, she supposed that they're fully functional.

"Airi-chan, hurry up! Look at our new house!" Said a voice.

"That's Kaa-san, but she sounds like Tou-san..." She thought, moving to leave. As she stepped down from the back of the truck (She's right!) she took a moment to admire the little town.

Grass is growing everywhere, with flowers dotting the fields; the houses are evenly spaced, enough to give each privacy without being too far away from each other; a large building loomed at one end of the town, towering over the houses in the area; people walking around the place, some giving her inquiring stares, but most just smiled and waved; she looked ahead to her neighbor's house, seeing someone in the second story window. Unfortunately, the glare from the morning sun in the glass shadowed the face, costing her the identity of whoever was looking out.

"Machoke." A deep voice to her side caused Ariel to turn, finally noticing that she didn't move from her spot since she stepped out. She stood aside to let the creature continue its work, not at all bothered to see something so peculiar. Few things can faze her, and her open mindset brushed it off till she figures out what is going on.

Suddenly, she is dragged inside the house by her mother. "Quite cozy, right? Unova was always too fast-paced for you." her mother said as the house is presented before them. Several of the man-like blue and furry white ape-like creatures moved about setting the place ready for residency.

As Ariel watched the creatures move, she suddenly noticed that they looked suspiciously like real lif-

She glances down at her school bag, there is a key chain attached, that of a Vigoroth[1] The girl remembers that she won it off a gatcha machine when she and her friends went out the first time. Ariel even remembers the comment they made about her and the chain.

'Hah! Ai-chan got a Vigoroth! That's ironic! She has the complete opposite motivation and temper as it! Hahahah~'

A weak boiling inside her makes her want to lightly hit Keitaro for that comment, but he's not here right now and the emotion is too weak to last.

'Vigoroth? Pokemon?' She thought.

"Vigor!" One of the white-furred creatures saluted them, and now that he looks closer it is a real live Pokemon.

"Thank you Vigoroth. Has your owner been treating you well?" Her mother asked. The Vigoroth nodded, then handed a check-board to her.

"Oh, right. Airi, you should check your room. I think they have brought everything in, but you never know."

A quick climb the stairs and a hallway later, she's in her room, facing East and out to the street.

The room looks like it did when she lived in Sumida, every detail, even the PS3 (Her Wii broke) under the Television had the stickers of Puella Magi on it.

She grabbed the stuff toy from her bed, a white rabbit-like creature with beady red eyes and gold rings around its long ears, and then threw herself into the bed.

She stayed like that, staring into nothing, trying to process what happened. Then, she cried.

She cried for a good while.

Ariel came to a short time later, judging that the sun is still shining on her, and then fixed herself up.

Everything is here, everything is fine, everything is alright.

She walked to the window, seeing another person looking at her, and thought 'I'll get through this, like I did the other times.'

Back