• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i defeated mesprit the first time i battle him.
will he appear again? if yes where?

Most of the Legendaries in 5th Gen can easily be encountered again after beating the Elite Four if you accidentally knock them out. I'd say you should beat the Elite Four and Champion again and I guess Mesprit will reappear on the top of Celestial Tower like it was encountered the first time.

MocasFocas

artist
Years
Most of the Legendaries in 5th Gen can easily be encountered again after beating the Elite Four if you accidentally knock them out. I'd say you should beat the Elite Four and Champion again and I guess Mesprit will reappear on the top of Celestial Tower like it was encountered the first time.

that makes sense
thank you very much

Mesty

The Joker
Years
Which to pick?

So Pokemon X was my first Pokemon game in a while, since Silver. So I missed out a lot, so I wanted to pick up and older game to play and transfer my pokemon. Which one is the better of the games? Black, White, Black 2, White 2.

Years
He was asking which Gen V game he should go for, not Gen III or IV.

OP: While I personally much prefer Black 2 or White 2, you might find it better to play the original Black or White first. But if you're the kind who cares more about variety than using present generation stuff, BW2 is better since BW only has Unova Pokémon before beating the game, while BW2 has lots of Pokémon to choose from. And much more post-game than BW (as far as post-game content goes, it rivals HGSS).

But if you're the kind that cares more about story or difficulty than gameplay, you'll surely want the original BW instead. They're both solid, but it depends on your style.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
If there are direct sequels, of any games, I always want to play the first ones before the sequel. As with BW and BW2. I think you should start with BW :3 But like novachief says, there are many minor differences that might make you enjoy BW2 more. But maybe you can enjoy both games to their fullest if you move from BW to BW2 rather than the other way around.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Dreamyard boulder--how to reach?

I'm trying to move the boulder in the Dreamyard in Black 2, but can't go around the hole where the boulder is supposed to fit (see my attached screenshot). How do I get to the side where I need to be?

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
You actually would start exploring the Dreamyard by going further west, where you'll find stairs going underground. Then you'll find an exit from underground that brings you up on the other side of that boulder.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
are there any breeding advantages that weren't in SS/HG in this gen?

i just now got B2, and i'm wanting to eventually transfer a scizor that knows super power to X; and i'm trying to decide whether it would be better to breed it in SS or B2.

Years

i just now got B2, and i'm wanting to eventually transfer a scizor that knows super power to X; and i'm trying to decide whether it would be better to breed it in SS or B2.

Well, in B/W they have the same breeding mechanics as HG/SS. Such as both gendered parents being able to pass nature down if holding an Everstone.

However, B2/W2 edited the Everstone breeding trick by now making the baby Pokemon always inherit the nature of the Everstone holder should one of the parents hold an Everstone.

Other than that, all the breeding mechanics from older games are the same, such as females passing down the species of the baby and males passing down the egg moves. If you want a specific nature, B2/W2 is more better in this case due to the fact that in these games the nature has a 100% chance of being inherited if you give one parent an Everstone.

I hope I wasn't too confusing with this post, but I was basically explaining in-depth info about breeding.

Years

Personally, I try to avoid breeding in Gen V and stick with HGSS whenever possible, because in BW2 they kinda nerfed the breeding system. This is one of the few things I don't like about the game - they made it so that whatever the first egg your two Pokémon generate is, its IVs (and I think the ability, I could be wrong there though) will be the same no matter what you do, so if you don't like them you have to keep turning down the first egg offered. And in BW, even if you save before picking up the Egg, there's no guarantee that the gender, nature or ability will be the same, unlike in HGSS. Yes, BW2 does have the Nursery at Join Avenue (long story), which I do use when trying to get Hidden Abilities and Gen V egg moves, but if it's a Pokémon that has nothing that can only be obtained in Gen V, I stick with HGSS almost every time. That's where I bred stuff like a Garchomp I bred before BW2 even released in the US, and my Scizor I have there as well.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

And also the inherit of Ability from its mother Pokemon. Some see it as an improvement while there are some don't feel the same. For example if you have a Female Lopunny with Klutz, you have 60%(?) of gaining a Buneary with the said Ability instead of its other Ability, in this case Run Away. It can be no good, depending on the situation. ;)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
And also the inherit of Ability from its mother Pokemon. Some see it as an improvement while there are some don't feel the same. For example if you have a Female Lopunny with Klutz, you have 60%(?) of gaining a Buneary with the said Ability instead of its other Ability, in this case Run Away. It can be no good, depending on the situation. ;)

Personally, I try to avoid breeding in Gen V and stick with HGSS whenever possible, because in BW2 they kinda nerfed the breeding system. This is one of the few things I don't like about the game - they made it so that whatever the first egg your two Pokémon generate is, its IVs (and I think the ability, I could be wrong there though) will be the same no matter what you do, so if you don't like them you have to keep turning down the first egg offered. And in BW, even if you save before picking up the Egg, there's no guarantee that the gender, nature or ability will be the same, unlike in HGSS. Yes, BW2 does have the Nursery at Join Avenue (long story), which I do use when trying to get Hidden Abilities and Gen V egg moves, but if it's a Pokémon that has nothing that can only be obtained in Gen V, I stick with HGSS almost every time. That's where I bred stuff like a Garchomp I bred before BW2 even released in the US, and my Scizor I have there as well.
Despite the breeding nerf, I use B2/W2 breeding because there's an 80% chance that the mother's ability will be passed down.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
they made it so that whatever the first egg your two Pokémon generate is, its IVs (and I think the ability, I could be wrong there though) will be the same no matter what you do.

what do you mean by the same?
same as one of the parents, or just consistently the same?

and does that mean than the power items have no effect on that first egg?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
what do you mean by the same?
same as one of the parents, or just consistently the same?

and does that mean than the power items have no effect on that first egg?

The Power Items will always take effect. What he means is that the IVs and nature of the egg will be fixed when you receive it.

Years
Actually, I don't remember if the nature is fixed (unless you use an Everstone), but i'm pretty sure the ability is fixed. The gender isn't, though.

And despite the fact that BW2 gives you an 80% chance of passing the mother's ability, in HGSS the egg's ability is fixed (as with nature and gender), so once you have the ability you want you don't have to worry about that changing. One time when I was trying to breed for a Timburr with Guts, and the female Gurdurr had Guts as well, I hatched 15+ Timburr and at least half of them had Sheer Force.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Just beat Humilau Gym this morning; I'm now following my rival's suggestion to track down Team Plasma on Route 22. So far, the only member I've spotted is Colress (who left after giving me his machine); everyone else I met on Route 22 was a normal trainer. Have I overlooked any hiding places?

Years
Just beat Humilau Gym this morning; I'm now following my rival's suggestion to track down Team Plasma on Route 22. So far, the only member I've spotted is Colress (who left after giving me his machine); everyone else I met on Route 22 was a normal trainer. Have I overlooked any hiding places?

If you got the Colress Machine from him, you have to go to the Seaside Cave. There, you'll find a Crustle that's blocking your path to the Plasma Frigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back