• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorgames

almost forgot...when the battle system is implimented will triple battles be implimented aswell

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
This is a big question i had does Neo7 engine has the anti aliasing, as the pokemon games on the DS?

Spoiler:

this is what i found on the net it says anti- lag for NM7 hope it helps

Last edited:
Years
Right now there is no lag, but thanks, i'll add it in :)
Also, regarding Anti-Aliasing, i have no idea on that one, sorry.

Here's an update you may like:

Spoiler:

Fully functioning internet based Mystery Gift System :D

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
Um one big question is, will being able to do badges and call pokemon battles be the same or similar to poccils or use his editor.exe or you going to create your own? One other question is, will you also have a mapgen.html like what poccil set up.

Years
Well i'm using the same graphics structure as Poccil so that people can move all their stuff over if they wanted, like Battlers, Cries etc.

I'm pretty sure that the battle call will be different, and badges will be different yes.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Well i'm using the same graphics structure as Poccil so that people can move all their stuff over if they wanted, like Battlers, Cries etc.

I'm pretty sure that the battle call will be different, and badges will be different yes.

Actually, that's a good thing.

I always thought badges should be controlled by switches, not variables. and Poccils is just a number. That's dumb because it required the player to get badges in a specific order (Consider how it's possible to get the Marsg Badge and Volcano badge in either order, that would mess with the variable in ways it should'nt.)

Will it be easy to edit things such as stat calculation? In my Pokemon Essentials project, I removed IV's and did a few changes like that, would it be easy to reproduce in this kit?

Also I take it all the 5th gen Pokemon/moves will be in the kit? I like the sound of that.

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years

This is a great thing, most people have that problem with calling scripts and they dont know where they have gone wrong, maybe they can get a fresh new start and possibly something that its easier to code in a 1 2 3 process

Years
Actually, that's a good thing.

I always thought badges should be controlled by switches, not variables. and Poccils is just a number. That's dumb because it required the player to get badges in a specific order (Consider how it's possible to get the Marsg Badge and Volcano badge in either order, that would mess with the variable in ways it should'nt.)

Yeah, it'll be switch based :)

Will it be easy to edit things such as stat calculation? In my Pokemon Essentials project, I removed IV's and did a few changes like that, would it be easy to reproduce in this kit?

Yeah, it uses the default RMXP stat calculation system, so you can set the stat at level 1 and 99 and it'll create a curve for you, or you can set a curve with your mouse.

Also I take it all the 5th gen Pokemon/moves will be in the kit? I like the sound of that.

Yup, as soon as i can get all the info they will be.
I have all the graphics etc, i just need movesets and stuff, so if anyone can help with that it'd be great :)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Just curious, you said it uses the default RMXP stat calculation, does that mean that the battle system will not calculate stats and damage like the pokemon battle system, it will just look like it? or are you editing the functions so that the default RMXP stat calculations function like the real pokemon games?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I have all the graphics etc, i just need movesets and stuff, so if anyone can help with that it'd be great :)
I missed something in the thread before... I missed your Neo Mode 07 Example. Those are sprites, right?

Using mode 07, is it possible to make an actuall layered cliff look? like the DS games?

So, with the stats being set up using RPGMXP's default info, will the EV's/IV's system exist in the engine or is that gone?

Are the moves defined separately in the engine like Pokemon essentials, or are they also build into the projects database?

Finally, what do you mean help with movesets? I'm wondering if I might be able to assist.

Years
Not sure about the layered cliff, i'm not too sure about what you're referring to, maybe a screenie?

Nah, i'll add IV's and EV's in there in scripts, but allow them to be turned off.
Moves will be in the project database, as will animations.

As for the movesets, i just need movelists for each pokemon really.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Not sure about the layered cliff, i'm not too sure about what you're referring to, maybe a screenie?

As for the movesets, i just need movelists for each pokemon really.
Bulbapedia has that all recorded... Although what all the moves do doesn't seem to be listed.

0.jpg

This is what I meant by "Layered cliffs".

Years
It may be possible, i haven't tried myself.

Just finished making something that i think is a great feature.
Instead of having to download a whole project file to upgrade to the next version, i made an update utility which offers the following options:

- Check for updated version.
- Revert Script Customizations

Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Comments?

Years
Took a little while but i have it working.
I've now added the Revert Script Customizations option, and added some music, so it's all done now ^____^

Later on, i'll make it so it not only downloads the script file, but extra graphics needed too.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Can I make a suggestion regarding the Battle System?

You mentioned earlier that you weren''t going to get started on the battle system until you got all of the Pokemon imported.

Would it perhaps be more efficient to get just a certain number of Pokemon ready (Example, the first 151) and start on the battle system with just them and then expand on it later? I mean, do whatever you feel works best, but I'm just thinking it'd be easier to manage if you start with a lower number anyway.

Also, I don't believe I've seen this question factually answered so I'll ask: Can the second screen be disabled?

Years
Nah, you got a bit muddled there, i may have put it wrong.
Once i have the system for adding/editing pokemon in place, i'll then have the methods i need for the battle system.

It's like an insanely hard jigsaw lol, all the pieces fit together eventually, but you have to do the edges first.

Years
Bulbapedia has that all recorded... Although what all the moves do doesn't seem to be listed.

0.jpg

This is what I meant by "Layered cliffs".

Maybe i can help with this, yesterday i made a zoom character script, you can use it to zoom player, event so it'll look like walk on cliffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back