• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
*starts game... listens to theme played and looks a pretty flower.... realizes where the music is from*

FINAL FANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSYYY!
Just for that, this game is going well! Great work! :)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Will we see progress updates in pics or videos, or are we being kept in the dark for anticipation?

Teanji

Wielder of the Sol Blade!
Years
I really like the different spin on the hack, it adds a fair bit of interest as opposed to all of the others that simply follow the tried and true Gyms/Elite4 route.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I was wondering when I downloaded the patch it was only a file not a .ups so you better change that Pink Parka Girl or some members might not be able to play the hack. :3

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
It would be cool if you put a bigger hint on the dungeon with the hole. I kept getting the water and putting it in the hole for ages. Didn't know you had to talk to the sand. It wasn't really obvious that you can talk to the sand to get the other resources so it would be cool if we had another hint in that dungeon.Anyways, I'd love to see how this hack is doing. Looks good so far.

FlamesofTruth

Queen of Randomness
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2016
I can't figure out how to extract the file and turn it into ups. I've looked online and found nothing. Help?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Apologies for not getting to this far, far sooner; but here is a bugfix for the bugfix - with the extension for the file inside the .zip archive possessing the .ups extension. No need to fiddle around and change it manually, all you have to do is unzip and patch now :) Again, this is a .ups and not an .ips due to the game being an expanded ROM, so you will need a .ups patcher.

In terms of game progress, most of it lately has not been in the scripting or mapping department, but more behind-the-scenes modding - namely, porting a lot of the new move research that's been posted here on this forum for Fire Red into this Ruby ROM. You've already seen one new move playing the second Alpha, not counting Super Rising Thunder itself (Nasty Plot, with Amnesia's animation) but there are many more now. :)

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Ok, I finished the hack a couple of days ago and I can say that this hack is fantastic. :3

The puzzle at the end is just a pain. :3 It took me an about an hour to finish all those freaking puzzles.

Also you should put somewhere that you should talk to all the rocks when you have placed them in the right order. Since on the second to the last puzzle I got stuck because I didn't talk to the rock inside. :(

Anyways keep it up and I hope for a beta soooooooooooooooooooooon! :3

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
I haven't played this game yet, so I don't know if this has to do with the plot but, a diversity of electric pokemon to choose from to start with looks nice.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
It wont let me play xc. I ve downloaded it, extracted it, and my visualboy advance say it cant support it. . ?

Did you patch the .ups file inside the zip over a ROM? If you haven't, you'd have to do that before trying anything else, since the patch itself can't be read by an emulator - it's just a file that contains the changes I made to the base Ruby ROM. Google "apply UPS patch" if you need steps on how to do this. :) If you HAVE done this step, however, you would have to try patching the .ups file to a different Ruby ROM; as the version you're using is obviously incompatible (though in cases like this VBA usually just white or blackscreens rather than display a message).

And to everyone else - I have been working on Super Rising Thunder!, but the game's status is still where it was the last time I updated - I've been doing nothing but insert new moves and new animations (it's time consuming. ...Very time consuming), and generally just mucking about with movesets and the like. Once this stuff is finished I can get back to the dungeons and towns and the game's actual plot progression rather than the engine of the thing, but I'm being forced to take a break due to the graphics card in my laptop giving out - it's been shipped out to the manufacturer for repairs; and it'll probably be another week to ten days before I have it back. :( But as soon as I actually have information of worth to post, rest assured that I will post it - though it may take a little while longer than I'd like due to this setback.

And yes, I'm aware that a few days ago the Pokémon Adventures/Pokémon Special manga revealed that the Super Rising Thunder move that is both the source name and inspiration for this hack had been nothing more than Volt Tackle all along. I was not pleased to find that out and am still a little sore about it (as the creator of this hack and a fan of Special both); but I suppose this means the move will be keeping its Volt Tackle animation rather than gaining a new one like I had planned. It will not, however, gain Volt Tackle's recoil back; and the move will still be treated as if it's something rare, powerful and special within the universe of the hack as it's far too late to retcon this by forcing the story to fit the new information. After all, a Volt Tackle where you don't hurt yourself in the bargain is still something remarkable; especially when you're a pichu and prone to hurting yourself with electricity in the first place. In fact, I suppose I could even make it a plot point if need be...

Last edited:

Superemon

EmDee
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2017
that is amazing, custom pichu? impressive, this reminds me of one of the ruby destiny series hack, i like it, keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back