• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Writer's Dex

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The Writer's Dex

Welcome! This project is to try to make as many entries as possible for as many Pokémon as we can!

Every week, a new Pokémon line will be introduced for you to create a piece of creative writing about. It can be a drabble, it can be a poem, it could even be a fully fleshed out twenty-chapter epic about the adventures of Dunsparce. Once you've written it up, post it in the main section and link to it in this thread, and it'll be collected in the first post. If anyone has an interesting in checking out stories on Eevee, or Charizard, or even Sunkern, your entry will be right there to be read! Maybe emblems would be given out for frequent participators as well.

You can also submit entries for other Pokémon already on the list, even if currently a different species is being focused on. In the case of a Pokémon having an evolution/pre-evolution, all Pokémon in the line will be focused on, but try to spread the focus. For example, if the Salamence line is up, and Bagon and Salamence have 5 entries but none for Shelgon, give that loveable shell some attention. Consider it a challenge! On that notes, entries involving multiple stages of a line is fine.

Reviews of entries are also encouraged. If you review two other entries, you can also poke me (bobandbill) and get a review for your own story! I'll do this for every two entries you review, provided I have time for it (at the moment this is very likely).

Current Pokémon: Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard!

List of Entries:

Helioptile:

The Selfish Helioptile (Slayr231)
Terrible News (bobandbill)

Heliolisk:

Sons of Ra (Strawberry)
Lunch (bobandbill)

Shroomish:

Spore and Effect (bobandbill)
Some like the rain (xXx~MahouShoujoFruitieBasket~xXx)

Breloom:

Fight Night (Mister Oshawott)
More than Grass (bobandbill)
On Breloom (xXx~MahouShoujoFruitieBasket~xXx)

Scyther:

The Evolution of a Scyther (Silhouette)
Misleading Appearances (bobandbill)

Scizor:

The Evolution of a Scyther (Silhouette)
Trade-offs (bobandbill)

Mienfoo:

Leap of Faith (bobandbill)
Unfit (solovino)

Mienshao:

Whip it Good (bobandbill)

Charmander:

Charmeleon:

Charizard:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Taking a gamble on this because I honestly don't know what to write; but I really want to be involved.

In ancient sands the sons of Ra
Crawl out unto the morning sky
The sun can make immortals fall
But not these kings of times gone by

With thunderous power they did rise
In mecca deserts time stood still
The sons of Ra did lightning strike
Awoken had the brother's will

Children of the God of Sun
Duel with lightning in the sand
The sun had changed when they were born
When Ra reached forth to bless this land

How's that? Is this acceptable?
kaomoji_04_zps6774a0f4.gif

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Don't worry Strawberry, it's perfect! :D

Now here's a little tale I wanted to try using an unconventional method. So many poems are worded using rhyming schemes of two or four, but what about a rhyming scheme of three? I wanted to give it a try, and here it is! Enjoy!

The Selfish Helioptile
Spoiler:

It didn't turn out quite as I wanted, but oh well. I just wanted to give it a try. Listening to Bobandbill, I also posted this in a thread that can be found here!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Although posting entries here is also fine, I think it's better to post it in the main forum - that way more people see it, and also it would be better to keep reviews of any entries to their respective threads rather than in this thread. Just link to the thread you make for your entry here, is all. =)

(also they look good)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So, I want to know what we can do from this point forward if we've already submitted an entry? Should we continue to write more, or wait for you to choose another Pokemon?

Just curious. :)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So, I want to know what we can do from this point forward if we've already submitted an entry? Should we continue to write more, or wait for you to choose another Pokemon?

Just curious. :)
Up to you. Multiple entries are fine (if not encouraged ;p), but if you want you can wait for a new Pokémon. On that note, any objections to a new one being selected in a couple days?

Oh, and one can also discuss the prompt Pokemon (say in terms of ideas or writing about them), and review other entries too.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Up to you. Multiple entries are fine (if not encouraged ;p), but if you want you can wait for a new Pokémon. On that note, any objections to a new one being selected in a couple days?

Oh, and one can also discuss the prompt Pokemon (say in terms of ideas or writing about them), and review other entries too.

Excellent!
kaomoji_01_zps7d5979ac.gif

I have no objections to a new Pokemon being chosen. :)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And the focus is now on... Shroomish and Breloom!

A reminder that you can still make entries for previous Pokémon. That can even include stuff you've written beforehand.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
My Breloom entry for this. I wrote this with inspiration from both the Rocky movies, and the song 'Eye of the Tiger' respectively. I hope it is good enough, 'cause I was happy with it.

I don't own X or Y, so I had no idea what Heliolisk or Helioptile were like. I knew they were electric type lizards, but past that, they were completely foreign to me. So that's why I didn't make any attempts with the past pair.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Oh, excellent! I've added that to the first post as well. =)

And fair enough there. Here's hoping that the next line is also known to you. =p

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I made a short entry for both Scyther and Scizor. Not sure how you'd want to incorporate it into the first post, but it's here (The Evolution of a Scyther).

EDIT: I suppose it could go under Scyther since that's in the title.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Sorry for the lack of updates.

Cheers for submitting! If the entry involves both (or more) Pokémon in the line (or even Pokémon from other species) then the entry will be fine, as long as there's some substantial usage or feature of said Pokémon.

I've also pumped out another set of drabbles for Scyther/Scizor, so let's just conclude that. Again, you are free to submit entries for previous Pokémon. But now the focus is on Mienfoo and Mienshao!

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Minibump to announce that in part thanks to inspiration and minor pep talk from an e-friend, I'll be giving a try to realize a Mienfoo-related plot bunny into a ficlet and submitting it to this. It might take the next week, depending on schedule. (Was to be this week, but work became a hell since the 4/01 earthquake)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2014
They're not modern, they're not the focus, but they're here: some fiction about Shroomish and Breloom. I apparently can't post links yet because I don't have fifteen or more posts, so this is going to look suspiciously like spam, but just trust me! They're in the main fiction forum under the name "Dex and Giblets."

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ah, excellent! I've gone and updated the first post including links to that thread of yours. (That limitation with url posting btw is to stop adbots from mass spamming the forums, primarily). Thanks!

Back