• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Apocrypha

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Introduction:
Hi, and welcome to my Pokemon Fan Game called Pokemon Apocrypha! I have been working on this game for a few months now, and I'd like to show you all what I enjoy doing in my spare time. This is a heavily-inspired game that follows the same flow as the second generation games. There are a lot of things that are similar to GSC, and that's because I always wanted another region in the area and time period of Johto. I created a Pokemon Fan Game demo called Pokemon Cosmos in 2014 which was my first project. This second project is so fun to work on since it's the game that I've always wanted as a Pokemon fan.

Tools:
RPG Maker XP was used to make this game, in collaboration with Pokemon Essentials made by Maruno.
Photoshop
Paint
Paint.net
Audacity

Plot:
You are a brand-new Junior Research Assistant in the region of DJoser which is just north of Johto. The time period is just a few months after the events of Pokemon GSC. You applied to become one of the first teams to explore this area for new and exciting Pokemon! With the new Pokemon League ahead, you set out on an adventure to kill two birds with one stone; It's time to become a Pokemon Master by completing the Pokedex and taking down the Djoser Pokemon League!

Unique Features:
New Region with GSC Visuals
Gold/Silver Beta Pokemon
21 Starter Pokemon
Relic Item Secret Items

Progress Report:
(
2/8) Badges 2-3 Hours of Gameplay
I'm hoping to complete the game during Summer of this year. (2019)
I would welcome anybody who would like to help with this project :)

Changelog:

(2/8) Badge Beta: March 2019

SRRNKAI.png

2 Badge Beta (725mb)

Credits:
Developer: Bowlstir
Story By: Bowlstir
Graphic Credit: IsamuAkai01 (Custom Gym Leaders), PiaCarrot (Custom Sprites),
Tileset Credit: Comboy
Script Credit: shiney570, mej71, Luka
Audio Credit: GameFreak

Thread Approval: juliorain

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by: Flameguru, Poccil (Peter O.)
"Pokémon Essentials" is managed by: Maruno
"RPG Maker XP" by: Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by: The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, Affiliated with Game Freak
This is a non-profit fan-made game. No copyright infringements intended. Please support the official games!​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Approved; however, we recommend removing the word "contributions" as that implies they were working with you to produce specific content. Credit is the word you are looking for as Luka, WesleyFJ, mej71, shiney570, and GameFreak weren't likely commissioned to contribute towards your project.

Be sure to credit the artist who compiled your tileset or ripped the gen 2 maps and sprites as well.

MavenTrainer

PokeTuber
Years
Hello! Thankyou so much for making a GBC fan game I havent played one in ages and I've literally been craving it. Tomorrow night Im going to make a play through for your game and I honestly cant wait, unfortunately today I had to work very late but I swear if I didnt I'd be playing it right now, its first in line.

I have literally been craving a new GBC fan game for like months. Im really thankful xD

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxKpRKuFSrW0KfL_hiaFIrw

I hope to see you watching! should be uploaded in the next few days.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I really like what I'm seeing, especially the use of beta demo Pokémon from the Space world demo. I'll play this once a slightly longer demo comes up!

Last edited:
Back