• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Not as far as i know...

anyway, anyone know an excellent tutorial on inserting maps? The one i tired messed up my ROM

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
What's the Tile Molester Offset of the Intro Hero in Fire Red
I am having problems editing it in black and white colours
So I have the Pallet Offset ready and I just need the Sprite Offset :)

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Hey, i've looked for a long time and haven't found these, so I'm gonna ask: Where can i find a list of all the parameters for Pokemon? As in: AD is a cleffa (said in the XSE guide)

Years
You don't a list, Vednix. Just use XSE's coversion/calculator thing. Select Dec and type in the number of the Pokémon in the dex. Then select Hex and use the number that shows up.

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
You don't a list, Vednix. Just use XSE's coversion/calculator thing. Select Dec and type in the number of the Pokémon in the dex. Then select Hex and use the number that shows up.

Oh...ok then. Thanks Spherical Ice.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

And you don't need to use the calc either. Example below:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#include stdpoke.rbh

#org @start
givepokemon PKMN_MEWTWO 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
end

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
How do we figure out what numbers are needed for triggered scrpits? (green tiles in A-map) I know for diegoisawesome's tut on xse he used 0300 for the unknown and 4050 for the variable number. I've tried using those numbers, but they don't trigger the script, the person just walks right over it. Anyone one know what gives?

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
this might have been answered already, but I don't have the time to look through every page for it. So here is my question:

How can you upload screenshots, made on goldmap?

you can use any image hosting site. i recommend Photobucket. after that, copy the IMG one ito here.

level.

Forgot about user titles
Years
well if i want to play there apears a message : the internal battery run dry.
Try reading the link that was posted a while ago.
Should you wish to fix this, it can simply be fixed by navigating through the menu bar, selecting Options, opening the Emulator submenu and selecting "Real Time Clock".

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
How do we figure out what numbers are needed for triggered scrpits? (green tiles in A-map) I know for diegoisawesome's tut on xse he used 0300 for the unknown and 4050 for the variable number. I've tried using those numbers, but they don't trigger the script, the person just walks right over it. Anyone one know what gives?

So you basically want to trigger the script? well, its as easy as compiling the script into the ROM, the making a new script in there with the offset of the script in the "script offset" box.

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
2 questions

1st: What's the Tile Molester Offset of the Intro Hero in Fire Red
I am having problems editing it in black and white colours
So I have the Pallet Offset ready and I just need the Sprite Offset :)

2nd:
How do I change the sprite frame of a sprite on the same spot it is standing in a script?

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
I have problems with AdvanceMap again :S
I tried to use the connection manager, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I changed the direction you leave Pallet Town (Right), connected it to a new Route, but everytime I try to exit Pallet Town, all I see is the border.
img3. imageshack.us/img3/944/notworking.png
(I need 15 posts or more.... damn)

I edited the border to show it's definately not part of the map edited. How do I fix it?

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
I have problems with AdvanceMap again :S
I tried to use the connection manager, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I changed the direction you leave Pallet Town (Right), connected it to a new Route, but everytime I try to exit Pallet Town, all I see is the border.
img3. imageshack.us/img3/944/notworking.png
(I need 15 posts or more.... damn)

I edited the border to show it's definately not part of the map edited. How do I fix it?
Have you connected the Route to Pallet Town as well as connecting Pallet Town to the Route?

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
So you basically want to trigger the script? well, its as easy as compiling the script into the ROM, the making a new script in there with the offset of the script in the "script offset" box.

Just compiling the script and allocating it to a script tile isn't working. I wanted to see if it would freeze if I set the unknow to 0000 and the variable number to 0000 as well, and it did. Yet I tried using the 0300 and 4050 from the diegoisawesome's tutorial and they didn't work.

So, does anyone know if there are particular numbers we need to use for unknown and variable number to get a script to work? ...and if so, how do we figure them out?

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
^Sometimes try 0003 4051 and set the number below it to 2. Experiment around with those and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back