• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latias or Latios?

Latias or Latios?

• [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/trozei/380.png[/img]

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/trozei/381.png[/img]

Votes: 55 64.0%

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
380.png
381.png

The Lati twins! Or Eon twins. Or Lati@s. Whichever way you wanna say it. The first time you might have run across one of the two Dragon/Psychic types was just out of the blue after beating the Elite Four in Ruby or Sapphire. So what do you think? Who do you prefer from the pair?

If you couldn't tell by my theme (as of right now anyway) I prefer Latios! ...Though I prefer shiny Latios over regular one but that's another story for another day. I don't really know what it is about it, I just like it a lot. It's just regal looking and awesome. Though I tend to call Luster Purge "Puster Lurge" instead, and I actually did it while typing this sentence. No joke lol. I also have a strange tendency to find Latios in the desert. Seriously, every time I have to hunt him down, he's hanging out there.

Anyway...how about y'all?

Years
I voted Latios cos he's more of an all-out attacker and he's BLUE!!!

(However I love Latias too, but Latios being blue made him the better one imo)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
For a very short time I preferred Latias, because "aww she's like pink or something." But then after encountering Latios in Ruby, he grew on me.
Then I saw the 5th movie and I knew Latios was definitely my favorite. But sadly I always have a difficult time finding one of a good nature!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Definitely Latias! Not only is she cute, she's powerful when trained right, she's a Psychic-Type, and she's my favourite Legendary!

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Love Latios. Even not knowing it existed, in Emerald, I chose the blue answer of the question. Latios is also great competitively, and is on my current OU team. Not that I play OU that much anymore... The point is, is that Latios = Awesome.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Used to like Latias more especially as far as designs went but after using Latios on Black 2 for a while now I gotta say Latios just because it's stronger in battle.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've had good experience with both of them, but Latios got my vote out of the two. If I had to pick a design, I would say I like it just a smidge better than Latias's. I also had Ruby, so I regularly got to use one. I also used one a lot in Emerald. And even though there was a time where I used Latias a lot in Pearl, the fact that I use a Latios in my rain team currently brought it over the line.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Latias. LATIAS. How can all you people vote Latios? Latias is so much cuter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Since they look almost the same, and the colors are the only big difference, I vote for Latios, because I prefer regular and shiny Latios.

But talking about their battle sides, I would say both are great. Latios is more offense and Latias has some good support moves, so is more defensive.
I make this kind of choice depending on my humor, so that doesn't matter here.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Latios is definitely a lot more bamf, but I love Latias because of how cute she is ;o;

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I really like both of them Latias I like because she is cute and loves playing around. However,I choose Latios because he sacrificed himself to save everyone in the 5th movie.

dunnjean

The Most Awesome Of Them All
Years
There I go, staying out of the majority again. I like Latios better, mainly because I never had a Latios and Latias had always looked better to me.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like Latios because Blue is my favorite colour and it can learn some decent moves.
As shallow as this reasoning is, I do kinda agree with it. I was really disappointed when I got Sapphire that it would feature Latias and not Latios. Partially because I liked blue Pokemon at the time, but its more offensive stats were a big plus for me. Even nowadays, however, I much prefer Latios' design to Latias, and the stats thing is still true to this day. The colour thing has worn off though, but my love for Latios still reigns supreme.

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
Competively I'm more of a fan of Latios, mostly due to his attacking stats and move capability ( Luster Purge helps more often than Mist Ball when in a tight spot ). When I watched the movie I honestly could not decide who my favorite was. I'll agree with the fact that Latias is adorable, and cuddle-worthy, but in all honestly, I'll have to say I prefer her brother.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I really like both a lot, but Latios will always be my favorite when comparing it to Latias. I love the color blue. But besides that, I find myself able to handle Latios better in battle. When I use Latias, I lose :<

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I am more of a defensive type of person, so I picked Latias because she doesn't get KOed as easily like her brother does. I also like Latias more because she is red and I do not like the color blue except for when I chose a water type starter.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Normally I Would Prefer Latios design-wise but i'm choosing latias cuz i rememberd using her in my sapphire team and i loved it since then

Years
I always preferred the attacking style of Latios more (and I liked the blue/gray color scheme better). That being said, I was a little disappointed on Sapphire when I didn't have a choice and could only get Latias.

Back