• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years

b91979390376a66ba537e2d1f648fd5c-d54bt6b.png

Please note this is not an RSE remake or a ROM hack, this is made with RMXP

Main Characters:

Meet Ethan!
e4c75de8d0084f55c3655b191c67156a-d5428zv.png

This is the hero of the game. He is a very serious boy who does not like to play silly games and cause mischief around the peaceful streets of Oldoak Town. He is a boy of solitude who likes to research and read about strategy and the region's folk-law. He one day hopes to aspire to become the strongest pokemon trainer the world has ever seen. He knows the journey will be long and dangerous in some places, but the risks have all been calculated.

Meet Rose!
rose_by_rayquaza_dot-d5429b1.png

This is the heroine of the game. She is a very stubborn young girl who can't contain her energy with much ease. She marvels at posters put up around the streets of famous and fearless pokemon trainers of brave and strong attitude, one day hoping to meet, greet and beat them all.

Meet Tom!
tom_by_rayquaza_dot-d54bu9n.png

This the rival of the game who chooses the starter pokémon with a type-advantage to yours. He is a troubled young man who knows not of a normal life. His father -the champion of the Greeo region- can rarely ever visit. His mother can not satisfy his need to discover and explore every corner of the Greeo region so he runs away, with the cherished pokemon left to him by his father so he can write a chronicle of his own adventure.

Gym Leaders:

trainer071.png

This is Pearl. She is a strong spirited trainer who looks down on the weak and respects her superiors. She is a normal type gym leader because normal represents a clear future (The name; 'Pearl' represents the clearness of the world).

trainer072.png

This is Samson. Samson trains ice type pokemon, in his desperate hopes to deny the blazingly hot weather that his home of Sunset city receives during the summer.

trainer073.png

This is Burno (Burno is extended from 'Burn' meaning to combust or react in the presence of oxygen). Burno is both a scientist and a master of fire type pokemon. After travelling the region, he sought a way to turn his barren, volcanic hometown (Ashville town) that the residents of which call a home into a thriving metropolis. After his dreams failed he invented pyro-electrics by harnessing the geothermal heat of the surrounding magma and turning the heat energy into electricity.

trainer074.png

This is Joey. Joey trains water type pokemon in a city where there are high levels of extraterrestrial elements which was believed to be the blueprints of life.

trainer075.png

This is Sylvester. In his old age he changed his name to suit the new colour of his once jet-black hair. As a young man he and his pokemon trained to the extreme, so much so that he invented a rank above black-belt, the rainbow belt.

trainer076.png

This is Palmo. Growing up in Oldoak town he became fascinated with plants and the entire subject of herbology, thus vowing to become a wielder of grass type pokemon (Palmo is derived from palm which is a type of tree). After his travels as a young man he returned to Oldoak town to build his future as a gym leader.

trainer077.png

This is Kaida (Kaida is a feminine name associated with dragons). She grew up in the quiet location of Celistic town in the sinnoh region, driven into depression by other children from the neighbourhood making fun of her dragon type pokemon (pokemon that didn't blend in with the towns culture). She returned to her hometown 15 years later to avenge the dark years of her past that had been spent living with her own tears, thereafter helping the next generation of outcast children who, like her, didn't blend in with the rest of the residents.

trainer078.png

This is Angelica (Derived from angelic. Sounding vaguely similar to Hallucinogenic (substances which cause illusions)). After discovering her hidden talent of being able to see into the future she roamed the land in search of the ultimate unanswered questions. She found a flat stretch of land on top of a plato where she built her gym, to seek 'the one' who would answer her unknown question, bringing her search to an end.

The Greeo Region
Greeo.png

The features:
New Hero/Heroine sprites
BW Tiles
A custom pokedex of 160 obtainable Pokémon
A brand new region, the region of Greeo

The Plot:
Professor Birch has moved to his new lab in the Greeo region, coincidently it is your 15th birthday, the day that you choose your first pokémon in which to set the journey ahead of you into motion.

During your journey you meet friends, enemies, rivals and many different pokémon.
You will visit to all the towns, cities and villages in the region, conquering all eight gyms and receiving badges after. Eventually your quest will end at the Pokémon League, holding the toughest trainers in the region within.

Meanwhile, Team magma - having been disbanded in the Hoenn region - have immigrated to the Greeo region on a secret quest, this starts a war against the secret organisation native to Greeo, who both have the same goal - to reawaken Groudon/Kyogre and conquer the globe! - Being caught up in all of this Steven, the Hoenn champion, Red, the Kanto champion meet you and team up against this double menace to save the world from oblivion!

The Legend:
There were once three brothers who could be called heroes. The eldest brother, in command of the ruby and with it, the deity of the continents. The youngest brother, in command of the sapphire and with it, the deity of the ocean. The third brother, no younger then the youngest brother yet no older than the oldest brother, in command of the emerald, and with it, the roaring skies, the thunderous clouds and the deity of the heavens.

These three brothers kept the peace in their regions of the world, protecting their area from evil and keeping the peace of the honest.

One day the eldest brother was led into deceit by a wicked man, not of the land, sea or sky. Thinking that the hero of the sea and the hero of the sky had too much of the glory, the eldest brother was outraged by the blind fury of this misleading deception. And declared war on the people of the sea.

For months the two colossal superpowers fought against one-another, blind to the truth. Eventually the worlds chaotic state was too much for the hero of the sky to bear and descended to earth.

...and the ancient deity of the skies came down from the beaconing heavens to quell the rage of the land and sea, thus returning their energy to the spirits of the two heroes. The hero of the land and the hero of the sea imprinted their last words unto the ruby and the sapphire; "Those who find the ruby is destined to hold the power of magnitude of land in a heartbeat... and those who seek peace on the waters of the ocean shall find the power of solitude to be ever so much bliss..." These two heroes disappeared to leave the world in peace, and the hero of the sky, along with the legendary dragon ascended into the heavens, hoping to descend one day in the future. The last words of the hero of the sky were imprinted onto the emerald; "To be in balance is to show equality in the universe, to win without pity is to lose without dignity, and to vanquish evil is to destroy the diversity of the world, and who so ever shall find this to be true shall know their destiny with the deity of the skies...Rayquaza...

Official Box Art:
00.jpg

Official Screenshots:
1A.png
1B.png

1C.png
1D.png

1E.png
1F.png

1G.png
1H.png

1I.png
1J.png

1K.png
1L.png

1M.png
1N.png

Downloads:
Coming Soon!

Team:
Founder, Mapper, Spriter: Rayquaza.
Co-Founder and Story writer: Firestorm.

If anyone wants to join the team can you just PM me what you are good at and evidence of your work.

Credits:
Rayquaza. - Sprites, Title screen
Kyledove/Kymotonian - Sprites, tiles
Mineox100 - Logo, Region Map
P-Sign - Animated sprites (From his resource pack)
Clowcardruler - Resizing animated sprites sprites
Poccil/Flameguru/Maruno - Pokemon Essentials
Firestorm. - Providing of tiles
Tratas - Tiles
TyranitarDark - Tiles
Rayd12smitty - Pokemon Following script
UltimoSpriter - Tiles
Heavy-Metal-Lover - Tiles
Rainsky - Tiles
Help-14 - VSBar Script
Ęℓαчиıı - Box Art

(If I have missed anyone off the credits list tell me and I will put your name up on the credits list)

Support:
If you support this game and the thread itself then put one of the above support bars in your signature.

EmeraldLegend1.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/EmeraldLegend1.png
EmeraldLegend2.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/EmeraldLegend2.png
EmeraldLegend3.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/EmeraldLegend3.png
EmeraldLegend4.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/EmeraldLegend4.png
EmeraldLegend5.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/EmeraldLegend5.png
EmeraldLegend6.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/EmeraldLegend6.png

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
I don't know, hopefully if I keep up the progress then possibly some time next year. But if not then I don't know. The thing is, that proper game development takes years.
Also here are more screenshots:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
That's because it took a while for me to get this thread to meet the regulations of the moderators and then a bit longer for it to be approved, whereas on my site, I can update, submit and delete anything I want, so it was easier.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Wow! Nice! I wonder how Maxie is the leader of Team Magma and have a LV.6 Zubat...

Can't wait 'till it's done!

EDIT: P.S. it's spelled won't not wont...

Rayquaza.

Years
Wow! Nice! I wonder how Maxie is the leader of Team Magma and have a LV.6 Zubat...

Can't wait 'till it's done!

EDIT: P.S. it's spelled won't not wont...

Yeah, it took these screenshots a while ago, so it's already been taken care of.

Firestorm.

AND I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!
Years
Speaking of the old screenshots on your site, the demo link you put on there no longer works because megaupload.com has been seized by the FBI.
Could you please put up a new demo soon?

Rayquaza.

Years
As requested, yes I will post a demo link. Please do not decrypt the archive. Also you will not be able to get past a certain point.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aénex

Yeah, it took these screenshots a while ago, so it's already been taken care of.

If so, has Professor Birch's sprite been made better because it looks horribly resized in the screenshot(and Archie(?)'s overworld looks...strange)?

Rayquaza.

Years
Looking good so far, this project of yours may turn out to be far better than you thought. In my opinion it is a very thorough project.

Thanks. Also, I have a little form for anyone who wants to join the team.
Fill this in and PM me. It must include evidence of work for the part you want to contribute to (e.g. spriting, mapping, scripting, etc)

Spoiler:

If so, has Professor Birch's sprite been made better because it looks horribly resized in the screenshot(and Archie(?)'s overworld looks...strange)?

Yeah, they will be like that in the demo I just released, but hopefully when I release the next demo I will have fixed these resizing issues.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I'd like to point out that the animated sprites are ripped and animated by Clowcardruler, I resized and renamed them ;)

It looks good so far though. I do want to know why you're using my battle background, as I do not recall allowing anyone to use them.

Rayquaza.

Years
I'd like to point out that the animated sprites are ripped and animated by Clowcardruler, I resized and renamed them ;)

It looks good so far though. I do want to know why you're using my battle background, as I do not recall allowing anyone to use them.

Okay, sorry. I came across it on some resource site, so I didn't really know who it belonged to. It's going to be changed for a different style BG in the next demo. Also I have added Clowcardruler's name to the credits list.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Okay, sorry. I came across it on some resource site, so I didn't really know who it belonged to. It's going to be changed for a different style BG in the next demo. Also I have added Clowcardruler's name to the credits list.
It's okay, can you send me a link to the resource site via PM?

Rayquaza.

Years
I can't remember what the site was called, sorry. All I remember is that I found it on some sort of resource site while I was searching for Pokemon Essentials updates and Kyledove sprites. I don't think I had even registered on Pokecommunity when I found it. If I come accross it again I'll PM you the Link.

Firestorm.

AND I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!
Years
Hang on, you didn't find it Rayquaza., I found it on mega upload.com and PMd it to you. But Megaupload has been seized so it doesn't matter any more.

Aénex

Yeah, they will be like that in the demo I just released, but hopefully when I release the next demo I will have fixed these resizing issues.

Oh good. If you're ever resizing, I recommend using GIMP(not Paint), or simply doing it customly.

Rayquaza.

Years
Okay, I'll take your advice. I didn't use Paint anyway, I used adobe fireworks.

UPDATE:

There is no longer a problem with Professor Birch being Pixelated, meaning that 1 of the problems will be fixed in the next demo.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back