• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you Get what you want by asking ?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I just can't stand people who just ask for a item and get the item in in question( I find this people self centered) instead of actually earning it by do good stuff like saving up. I always make my little girl earn the stuff she wants instead of just getting it for her cause she asked.

Anyway. Do you get stuff just by asking for it ?

I always have to earn the stuff I want(even when I was growing up)

Khawill

<3
Years
I say ask first, earn latter. I'd rather not waste time or energy earning if I could ask someone and get it anyway. Though if I know I cant ask for it then ill earn it.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Normally i like to take the hard ways,it's much fun also people say easy come easy go i wanna try harder for what i want..why am i living then? so if i tried the hard way and failed i'll shamfully try the easy way

that's the way Aha Aha i like it Aha Aha lol

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always gotta get stuffs the hard HARD way.

My parents never got me stuffs I liked for my birthday or Christmas lol. They actually bought more stuffs to my cousins than they did for me :(
I remember they said if I did very well in school, they would get me stuffs. Which made me wanna work even more harder in school. I was always more of a 40%-50% person in math, so when I got a 80% once, I got so happy and excited to show the note to my parents. When I showed them they said it was good, and when I asked if I can get a console game, they said when we go shopping.
But when we would go shopping they would never buy it. So basically I was really not a spoiled kid, much the contrary lol.

Being 19 and working now, I can finally get the stuffs I want without asking my parents.
Thought as a kid, I RARELY got anything from them. At least I'm happy I didn't end up being a spoiled kid, and I learned the value of money.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Although I can essentially afford what I want on my own merits, I'm not above asking for freebies when the opportunity arises, lol. Of course, it has to be within reason, and whether I actually get what I'm asking for is a whole different ball game, but I like trying to get free stuff! Doesn't everyone? If I'm what I'm asking for is food, then 99% of the time I'll get what I want, but outside of that it's a 50/50 chance my desires will be fulfilled.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Generally, yes I do. Although there is always a price in some sort of way for constantly asking for things. But I don't get what i want by just asking every single time.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I used to when I was younger, as I became older though is started decreasing, and now I just buy everything I want.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
If I ask for something not food related the answer is always "save up for it" but my step sister always gets what she wants just by asking.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
When I was a kid, it was simple to get what I wanted, since I was pretty spoiled. But nowadays, not so much. XD

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I usually do, but my parents always end the sentence with "If you're good" or "Oh, if you wait till the weekend or the end of next week you might get it". In the end of that, I always get it anyways.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've lived a pretty privileged life and have never wanted for anything. We have cable, high-speed internet, a pool etc etc. But as far as being out at the mall with my parents and asking for things, no. I always bought my own stuff which I saved up all my pocket money for.

That said, I did nothing for my pocket money either lmao

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Sometimes, I can be a spoiled little brat who gets everything she wants. But most of the time, I have to persuade my parents to buy me that thing I want every single day so they'll finally buy it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Yes, usually I do, because it's so very rare that I ever ask for something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
As of now, I don't ask for large things often. My mother offers them without being asked and then I argue her down into something that's less expensive because I know we don't have much money and I'm uncomfortable with taking her money when she has bills to pay and I don't and she works and I barely do. I wouldn't ask a friend for something though because I wouldn't want them spending money on me either. >_o

thor348

That's Oak to You
Years
some times even asking for something costs you something. maybe your pride because you don't want the person you're asking to know you need help? maybe if they give you what you want, they'll expect you to re-pay them later. but separately, my opinion on getting stuff for asking either for free or not, does it really matter? as long as we give unconditionally and others do as well, there shouldn't be any issues. ya know? but that's just me so don't hate people haha

As a young kid, I would really sell my case. I gave a PowerPoint presentation on why I should have a Nintendo 64

hahaha i did the same thing with a gamecube!!!

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My parents have started asking me stuff like 'what do you want for Christmas?' and I honestly have no idea what to tell them. I'm in a very privileged position where I can, within reason, get anything I want with my own money. So the novelty of Christmas and birthdays have kinda worn off in their own way. That being said, non-monetary things, I occasionally have to ask for (things like going to a certain restaurant over another; occasional job opportunities at work etc.) but for things that I can buy, I don't really see the need to ask for them any more. I work my ass off so that I can just get them myself! :D

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
It's been a long time since I don't ask for things. When I want something, I first try to earn it by myself and if I can't, I'll wait till I can get it. Though I have to say I used to ask for lots of things when I was younger.

As a young kid, I would really sell my case. I gave a PowerPoint presentation on why I should have a Nintendo 64

LOL I did something similar. I remember that I wrote a letter to my parents and that that letter had been supposedly written by Nintendo suggesting that they should buy me a Game Boy Color. Of course, they didn't believe me, but only because of the effort I'd made (on writing the letter), I got the GB.

Back