• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They ruined pokemon

Do you like the new versions or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
This complicated for me.
They have good and bad things.

Good
  • Improved Graphics
  • New Pokemon
  • New Battle systems
  • Great music
Bad
  • New Pokemon
  • 3d world
  • TO good battle graphics (Ill explain later)
  • New Battle systems
  • triple battles (again, ill explain myself)
  • Short story

Now, to explain some things.
TO good battle graphics. Well, when you use Thunder, the camera goes and looks at the sky, then comes back down. It does that kind of stuff with other moves to, it just gets on my nerves and makes me dizzy.
Triple Battles: CONFUSING!!!!
3d world: Makes me dizzy, good for cinematic effect, but really annoying.
New Pokemon: Just about 200 MORE new things to get used to. WOOPTYFREAKINGGODDANGDOO!!!!!!!!!

Thats how I feel about the 5th gen.

I don't get why you listed "New Pokémon" as a good thing and a bad thing.

Also, why is "New Pokémon" a bad thing at all? I find it hard to believe that you would have preferred for all Pokémon but the first 151 to never exist and play all games with the original Pokémon. If you don't like some Pokémon then that isn't a valid argument in my opinion. It's all a matter of taste really, and in my opinion the designs have been getting better and better. Go and compare a Voltorb (living Pokéball) to for example Bronzong and Bronzong will probably come out as a much better design. Much more thought has probably been invested in Bronzong's design than in Voltorb's. While the Pokémon of the first generation are simple, I can't say the designs are great. A common argument against Gen V's Pokémon are how uninspired they are. I have to disagree with that statement as Gen I's clearly aren't that creative either; A mouse? A pidgeon? A turtle? A snake? Sure, Kanto had it's fantastic Pokémon ( *cough* Gyarados *cough* ) but the majority isn't that creative in my opinion. You may not like all new Pokémon, but the same goes for the old ones.

New battle systems are pretty important I think, it adds more variety to a game that has practically been the same for 15 years. It'd get a little bit boring otherwise, don't you think?

You can disable the move animations if you don't like them for as far as I know. They aren't that bad in my opinion though, I think they look great.

The short story point is the worst argument I have ever read. I don't know if you've actually played B(2)W(2) but these games had the most in-depth, longest and most original stories I have ever seen in a Pokémon game. I honestly don't know why you think the story was short.

Long post was long. xD

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Official Pokemon games just keep on using the same story plot. Stopping an evil team blah blah while earning Gym Badges to challenge the Pokemon League and emerge as Pokemon champion. It's kinda odd why some get very hooked in games like that.

They are not "ruined" but instead, redundant (Of course, in terms of story plot.)

I think Pokemon games should make games with very different storylines.. Make one game have a completely different story with another. Then I'd bet a million dollars that Nintendo will surely be making tons of money. (Okay, the million dollars is a bluff I know. XD)

I like new Pokemon, always a great thing to expect from a new Pokemon game, but, I think they got too far. 700+ Pokemon is more than enough.

Years
I really don't see how people dislike the new Pokemon games. I have to admit the Generation 3,4,5 Pokemon are pretty strange but so are the Generation 1 & 2 Pokemon. The series has obviously improved greatly since Gen. 1 and is still improving, stop letting nostalgia cloud your mind... just because its old doesn't make it gold!

I think your main issue with the new generations seems to be that you have outgrown them. You say "it's too fast, confusing, and boring" but that's how games are today (besides the boring part lol). I love Generation 1 & 2 but do you want Pokemon to be a buggy mess like they were? No! I understand that the games have turned a little bit more competitive. Back in the day, Pokemon games were about playing with your favorite pokemon (no matter how crappy they are), and to "Catch Em' All". Nowadays it seems like people just care about Natures and EV train the Pokemon that can win them battles online, that is my only problem with the recent games but that is the community and not the series fault!

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I am a big fan of Gen 1. It is by far my favorite and I think that Gen 1 created with all the battle upgrades, abilities etc it would be the best. Saying that Gen 2 comes in second with Gen 5 coming in third. I do find the Plasma story disappointing though. It had so much potential to take the role of the bad team without being criminals. Of course this was ruined by them stealing Pokemon.

To give a real life example Plasma could have been like PETA. You hate them because they're idiots with extreme ideas but they don't go around stealing from people.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
When the Gen V games came out i couldn't have cared less because most of the Gen IV games were a bit stale for me.I also was one of the haters of Gen V when it came out but somewhere along the line i realised i hadn't actually played it and i gave White a shot and to be honest it blew my mind.It was definitely the right step to take to revive the franchise again.I have played the older Gen game and can understand the nostalgia it gives but if GF were to only use the first 151 pokemon i doubt there would even be a Gen III, this forum would probably be dead, I would probably be doing something productive but thats beside the point.What i'm trying to say is if you'd rather only have the older Gen games rather than Gf making new ones with new pokemon,new features, etc. maybe you didn't like pokemon to begin with and only like the older Gens because of the nostalgia it gives.

Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen are excelent but lavander town sucks :P White 2 and Black 2 have horrible music their graphics are tacky aand I actualy BURNED mine

You burned the cartridge just because you didn't like the music?That is just insane.You could've just hit the mute button or mail the game to me instead of burning it down.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The battle graphics you can turn off in options. I agree, but disagree with being attached to the first gen. you played. I hated the 1st Gen, it was the first I played, until Firered and LeafGreen. My favorite one by far was 3rd Gen. Which I like better than any other gen.

The new pokemon thing, I agree and disagree again. If it is about the looks you need to get over because 1st gen had horrible looking pokemon in it as well. If it is about the number then I agree. 156 was too many even though it was a completely new area of the world. However, I do not mind it.

I like the Triple Battles, it is the Rotation battles I hate. They are just really annoying. The graphics were great! I don't see how they are tacky. Get use to new graphics because they are only going to evolve. They will never go back.

And why would you burn a freaking game!? Why not just sell it to Gamestop or Online. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard someone do.

Back