• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Type Effectiveness Editor: Adding New Types

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
It's absurdly easy - Click Table>Add Type.

I have not found out how to add those types to a Pok?mon or Move, but that's because G3T can't see those extra types, even when TEE repoints correctly. You may need YAPE or G3Suite

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 19, 2019
Would you care to share which version you're working on? I ask because I'd like to know how it works with the DS games (hopefully beyond). I'm sure that tons of hacks have their own resistance charts.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 19, 2019
I wasn't able to get it to work with TEE3 or any other Advanced title, all I got were pointer errors.
I think you mentioned that you were just trying to add types right?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 19, 2019
Well I'd be interested to get Fairy types in the older games. I think where I was running into a problem has something to do with trying to take the ??? box and have it function as a different type.

Resso.PNG

THIUUUUUS

So how did you manage to make the game recognize your other types? Does it just show up as "New Type" like it does in the editor?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 19, 2019
Ooooookay, I got it.

I tried to make it so that Dark is poor against Fire, Electric is good vs Dark- Fairy is poor against Electric, and finally Fire is good to Fairy.

I'd be interested to know how you formatted the 'Light' type, Is it like "I had a light lunch today" or the actual light that comes on after flipping the switch.

PS

Is there a tool like YAPE that can change moves into that Light type?
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461 <---This?

Last edited:
Back