• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little Cup is Little

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Little Cup is Little (Won by iloveeevee)

So, I've always wanted to do this, and now I can! We're having a Little cup people, so grab your Lvl 5 Pokemon, and get ready for one of the most unique battle scenarios out there!

Explanation/Format:
The basic premise is that everyone battles using a team of Pokemon of Level 5 who can still evolve, but have not. Pokemon who fit this description can be found here:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/metagames/lc
I will be running this tournament Swiss format, meaning that you will not be booted out upon losing a single match. If you end up losing a match, just try your hardest in all your other matches.

Rules:
This Tourney will follow the rules set by Smogon here:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_lc_guide
I'll give a quick run down of the core rules though, and the additional clauses I am invoking.
1. This is a WIFI tournament, so you need a Gen 5 game (Black, White, Black 2, White 2) in order to participate, as well as WIFI access.
2. All Pokemon must be Level 5.
3. All Pokemon must be in their first evolutionary stage, and be able to evolve.
4. Teams are 6 vs 6 singles, with no Wonder Launcher.
5. NO HACKING! This should be a given, but if you are caught hacking, you will be disqualified from the tournament. All hacking suspects' teams will be checked by an outside party that is not participating.
6. If you disconnect, it is up to you and your opponent how you should treat it, whether it be a rematch or one of you conceding the battle. If you cannot decide, then you will both forfeit the battle.
7. No discussing other participant's teams. You will be disqualified if you are caught doing so.
8. Sign ups will end and battling will begin Jan. 10th. Your team should be ready by this time, or you cannot participate. You have 3 days to get your battles done once match-ups are posted. Failure in completing your battle and not making a reasonable effort to schedule your battle will result in a loss. You may withdraw from the tournament at any time.
9. Clauses:
-Species Clause (Only one of each species allowed)
-Item Clause (Only one of each item allowed. The last thing we need is teams spamming Eviolite...)
-All clauses and banlists on the Smogon Little Cup rules page apply to this Tourney.
10. Have Fun!

Reporting wins/losses:
When you report your win or loss, please state what you won or lost by. Example:
Lost 0-2 against Eevee
or something like that.

Prizes:
7.png
shiny.png
#7 Squirtle ♂ (level 1)
004.png

OT:
2.png
Breeder ♀ (White, 23955/22682)
Bold - Torrent - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
Tackle - Surf - Toxic - Rest
4.png
shiny.png
#4 Charmander ♀ (level 1)
004.png

OT:
2.png
Modest - Blaze - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
Scratch - Growl - Outrage - ***
1.png
shiny.png
#1 Bulbasaur ♀ (level 1)
004.png

OT:
2.png
Jolly - Overgrow - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
Tackle - *** - *** - ***

Here's how prize distribution will work:
1st Place: All 3 starters
2nd Place: Choice of 2 starters
3rd Place: Choice of 1 starter
Consolation Prize: IV bred Magikarp

Sign-ups:
Example:
Spoiler:

-NecrumWarrior: 2237 4962 6641
-Griffinbane: 1463 5558 5309
-Omicron: 4298 2314 1368
-Sukisu: 2495 2159 3079
-Iloveeevee: 4814 4358 3157
-tabor62: 5415 8531 1282
-johnny18/90210: 5115 1880 8422
-Icy Burn: (unknown)
-PokeInfuse: 4857 5379 6379
-Infectedbeast: 4685-7360-6473
-SuperTreaz: 1464 2514 9617
-roosterman: 1979 8164 1100

Feel free to PM/VM me if you have any questions!

1st Place
iloveeevee

2nd Place
Griffinbane

3rd Place
Omicron

FINAL ROUND
You have until the end of Friday the 25th to finish your battles
Final scores will be posted here at the end of each battle
Spoiler:

ROUND 4

Spoiler:

ROUND 3

Spoiler:

ROUND 2

Spoiler:

ROUND 1

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
If I were a teacher, I'd be forced to mark this thread with a giant F. But since I'm not, I can admit that I am highly amused and I approve. Thumbs up! Invoke the Griffinator!

Uh, I guess I'll sign up now. Haha!
Griffy - 1463 5558 5309

Last edited:

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I guess I will join this tournament :)
Username: johnny18 or 90210
Fc: will update later

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
I might as well join my first Wi-Fi tournament - why not? :D

Username: Icy Burn
FC: I'll update this when I take my DS off the charger. (I know that sounds weird as you guys probably play on the charger but I just don't).

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
are the sign ups still opened? if so then i'm signing up. i'll add my friend code when i remember it.

InfectedBeast

Trade With Me
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
I would like to join :). Never really participated in anything like this...

Username: Infectedbeast or Carlos?

Friend code: 4685-7360-6473

Last edited:
Years
This sounds awesome. I am probably way behind the curve in geting a team ready. However, I'd definitely watch this on a screencast! Who wants to set that up!? :rambo:

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Yes, sign ups are still open, but you need to use the form and sign up formally or you won't be counted.
*sigh* fine, why must you always be so formal? you know user names are at the top of posts right?

username: roosterman
friend code: 1979 8164 1100

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
*sigh* fine, why must you always be so formal? you know user names are at the top of posts right?

First of all, everyone else adhered to the sign up. Why should you be any different?
Second, how about you don't be rude. Yes, usernames are at the top, yes he knows, but as there is a sign up process, use it.
Third, you didn't put your FC in the first post anyway, so how should he be able to add it to the OP.

Seriously, just have some manners and respect. Otherwise you will just be denied entry to the competition.

Yours spitefully,
PokeInfuse

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

It shows that you payed attention and read the thread if you use the proper sign up. Plus it helps me edit you in to the thread more easily. :P

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
so how do we know who we battle? cuz ill be able to battle tomorrow from 12:30pm (PST) to maybe 4:00pm or 5:00pm (PST) :/ im lame i know sorry :/

Necrum will post the match up on first post. check back to see who you are fighting with :)

Back