• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you actually do with your computer?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I browse on Bulbagarden, PC and chat with friends on Skype. I often have Bulbapedia or Serebii open for help with a Pokemon game Im playing while I browse. I also use Pokemon Global Link when I feel like it. I occasionally also watch something on YouTube or listen to music on iTunes or YouTube, that's about it though, my computer is mostly a vehicle to use the internet.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
I'd probably be browsing YouTube... (is that surprising, aha?) I don't really go on social sites anymore, like Facebook, but I tend to log on to by Twitter sometimes. By sometimes, I mean rarely. If I'm not looking at YouTube videos, I would be on other forums checking out electronics like phones. xD Either that, or I'd be using Microsoft Word to type up all those essays for school!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Twitter, Tumblr, gamefaqs, and occasionally YouTube.
I Skype chat too, but I have been at my computer for a while. Mostly on the iPad and 3ds now

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
The big ones are Pokecommunity, Facebook, and Yahoo Mail. I also go to several fan art sites including DeviantArt and Pixiv to hunt for pictures of my favorite anime characters (I do searches for Blue/Leaf and Pretty Cure fanart most every day) and I also check various fansub groups' web sites to see if any anime series I'm following have had new releases, which I'll either download or watch streaming. I'm on YouTube less often nowadays than I was before, as I think the selection of good anime music videos on there is drying up. I'm also a frequent visitor to TripAdvisor and QualityInn.com to get my daily does of hotel/motel goodness.

Years
First I check my forums, aka PC! I'd explore around my section and post/do modding, then dig through any other forum I might visit and explore there. PC is usually the first thing I do when I get online.

Afterwards, I check Youtube for any subscription videos that might interest me and either watch them right there or procrastinate and do it later. Then I plug in my external hard drive since it has all my anime and skim through some of my favorite episodes. Rinse and repeat.

Not much else, sadly. D|;

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Usuallly I check forums and Facebook first. I browse Bulbagraden PC, and EvergrandeCity the most and Serebii and some other forums occasionally. I also look a DA and Twitter every once in a while.

I usually also listen to music or watch YouTube videos and draw or color a drawing. I try to check my email as much as I can, but I don't do it as often as I should.I occasionally play this game called Teledraw as well. and some other games. I try to do most of things all at the same time, and it never works out to well.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Usually PC and maybe AQW. Look at new releases, while I check my usual threads on PC. Check 4th gen gaming. Then mail and reply. Barely facebook. Serebii. And if I am well and truly bored, bbc.

And if I play games, SCII, LoL, SK, CivIV (yeah Im still ancient) etc.
Which means StarCraft II, League of Legends, Spiral Knights, Civilizations IV (yeah Im still ancient) etc.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay. So I get on my laptop, check NASCAR.com & here. When I'm selling stuff on eBay, I check its status. Every once in a great while I'll check Facebook & Twitter. Depending on my mood I'll bring youtube up. But aside from that, I always have my MAL, Netflix, eBay, NASCAR.com tabs always up on my Google Chrome, & use sites to watch Anime on FireFox. I use Chatzilla also so there's a 3rd window there. That's really about it. Racing-Reference.com is the site I often go on late Sunday or Mondays to check statistics especially.

I have Skype & MSN on here also, but I never get on them lol, even if I have to x them out every time I get on. x) So in other words, I guess I like to be on my laptop to watch TV shows/Movies/Anime & chat with people in general I guess?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Most of the time spent on my computer is Microsoft Word (for writing/roleplaying/schoolwork), PC, IRC, MSN, and Skype. Anything else like browsing icanhazcheezburger.com and other webistes are only when I'm like ttly bored. :P

Years
I'm not gunna lie here, I go a fair few sites, do a few things, then leave it until tomorrow or something, but the sites are mostly deviantArt, Hotmail, facebook and of course; here :)

Note: I realise how wrong the first line sounds... but I have a girlfriend, so don't take it the wrong way. (If you saw something dirty in that note as well, no pun was intended).

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Probably browsing the 'net and listening to music. Evernote would be running in the background too to download whatever the hell I decide to "clip".

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Usually im on ventrillio playing video games the majority of the time. Mostly competitive games. I enjoy dota2 a lot i also play some MMO's been playing guild wars 2 recently. If im not in the mood to play ill watch random youtube videos until i get to the weird part of youtube ;) haha. I also read articles on Cracked or look at 9gag or something to kill time.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I usually use my laptop as a way to connect to the internet and, pretty much, that's it. However, I'm trying to get myself into PC gaming, although I might have some issues seeing I'm using a laptop designed for internet browsing and not much else.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Hm internet browsing, watching streams, play PC games such as League of Legends/Torchlight 2, MSN, play emulators, twitter, youtube, and work with it (typing + coding for compsci university courses.) The portability is mostly appreciated to bring it to university, but that's about it XD;

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Skype is always on, no exceptions; I'm generally browsing forums as well as YouTube, or playing a lightweight PC game on my laptop whenever I get the chance to.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
My Desktop (in Sig) is set up to be the central hub. It's role is to Download, store, & serve media wirelessly wherever I want it. It also serves as the master sync station for my phone and tablet too.
My portable (also in Sig) is mainly used for school, games, general surfing, and on occasion running the dual OS for some retro gaming.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I lurk here, listen to an online radio, browse medical pages on Wikipedia, etc.

In the morning I listen to the second half of a thing similar to a podcast. I save the first half (which the website records for you) to listen to in the evening (I tend to get into little depression ruts at night, and listening to it helps).

Back