• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Route 04

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Route 04
route4black.png
route4white.png
In BW Route 4 was a desert route and doesn't feature grass but rather deep sand in which you can battle wild Pokémon. A factory also exists in the area, where a fair bit of building work blocks you going too far into the desert. So as we all know Route 04 has changed in BW2. In Black 2, Route 4 is a well kept place which offshoots to the desert here and there but it's still a nice street. But in Pokemon White 2, it looks completely different. It has violent sandstorms throughout the entire area. So which version of Route 4 do you like better? The one in Black 2, White 2 or the one in BW? Explain.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I was kinda sad that I ended up with the sandy and abandoned Route 4 because I was looking forward to the paved path. However, I do think it's neat that each version has a different form of the Route, and that the one in W2 does show signs of advanced construction that B/W did not have. If I eventually get B2 for PC storage space, I'll have to spend some time exploring there.

Cyclone

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
I actually am at route 4 at the moment.... but yeah, definitely black 2's version. It's just nicer and cleaner with houses and happy people.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Wow, exciting, didn't noticed that, I enjoy it more in Black 2, seems more alive, the other in White 2 looks more abandoned.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Still didn't arrive to the Black and White 2 Route 4,So I'll have to go with BW route 4.

Years
I loved the differences with Route 4 in Black 2 & White 2. I haven't played White 2 yet but I did see it's variant thanks to Marriland's White 2 videos. So yeah I did get to see both versions of Route 4.

As for which one I loved best, it would probably be Black 2's. It shows how complete the buildings are after 2 years since the original Black & White. White 2's looked way too much like ruins to me lol.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I'd prefer Black 2 & White 2's Route 4. The difference is also notable.
I'd also prefer the Route 4 of Black 2. Among all routes, Route 4 has the most changes.
Also White 2's Route 4 still looked incomplete.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I have not seen Black 2's version of Route 4 fully yet, but I prefer the paved settlement than the ancient ruins (it is actually ruins in White 2). It just looks much better, and it's also what I expected to be, after two years of construction. Although, having ruins discovered and excavated in the route is something interesting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
WAIT WHAT I didn't know this! And should've actually paid attention before ahaha. That's actually pretty awesome! I haven't gotten to that point in W2 yet but wow what an awesome twist on behalf of GF lmao.

But I think I prefer Route 4 in BW because it was the original, although B2's is very easy to get through. XD; So yeah :3 Both??

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
WAIT WHAT I didn't know this! And should've actually paid attention before ahaha. That's actually pretty awesome! I haven't gotten to that point in W2 yet but wow what an awesome twist on behalf of GF lmao.

But I think I prefer Route 4 in BW because it was the original, although B2's is very easy to get through. XD; So yeah :3 Both??
Eyebrows arch.

You really didn't know that? It was the first thing I noticed in a B2 video before the games came out in North America (and I thought, how boring). Then when I got W2, I thought something was bugged at first. LMAO But the more out-of-the-way design of Route 4 works, and the Desert Resort area intersects right there.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
I've only played B2 so I just assumed there was no difference, I'm currently as Castelia City on my White 2 so I'll have to check it out before I can decide.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I do not even any pokemon white 2 yet, so I have not seen the W2 route 4. Seening the images of the deserty route 4 it looks better that B2 one to me.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just for comparison, first, here's White 2:

And Black 2:

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
I definitely prefer the Route 4 in Black 2 (though I'm not saying I don't like the other one, I'm just saying I really like the one in Black 2), and here are a few reasons why I prefer the Black 2 one to the White 2 one:

1. I have White 2, so it's probably just because I've seen Route 4 a lot, and I do generally like change. ^_^
2. I also generally prefer modern things/areas to... well... ruins :pink_tongue:
3. I've had a pretty bad moment in a sandstorm area, and the Route 4 in White 2 one really doesn't help... :pink_cry:

So yeah, I have other reasons, but they would all either not make sense, or are pointless to mention. :pink_tongue:

Last edited:
Years
I've only played through White 2, so I haven't had a chance to experience Black 2's Route 4 myself. That being said, from all I've seen, I think I much Black 2's inhabited version compared to the ruins of White 2.

One of the biggest gripes I had with the sequel games was that aside from some areas like Driftveil, cities and towns were basically the same, so it's nice to see the construction on Route 4 that was started in the originals finally get completed in Black 2.

Years
i own both black 2 and white 2 and i prefer black 2. I like how you can see the progress thats been made with the construction and that theres still a desert feel to it. best of both worlds

Years
I really like the look of Black 2's Route 4. It looks more lively and because of the fact that I chose Black 2 as well :P However, I also like B2's Route 4 because of the fact that W2's version bears a resemblance to the Route 4 in BW

Back