• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What Was Your First Shiny In Sword And Shield

Years
Arrokuda, I think? From max raids. Promptly gave it to husband because I don't like the mon too much lol.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have honestly yet to get any shiny pokemon in Sword and Shield. I spent so long trying to get one from both eggs and the trick you do by beating pokemon, but I still haven't encountered a single shiny pokemon in Sword and Shield. I guess I could say Zeraora, but it was an event pokemon and I just don't count it.

I didn't start shiny hunting till after Shiny Charm and still no luck. I've tried Noctowl, Riolu, Rookidee, and a far many other pokemon. So with so much bad luck, I just stopped shining hunting, But I am thinking about trying to get Shiny Pumpkaboo, at least till the end of October.

Edit: Actually I lied, I completely forgot about the random Shiny Comfey I got when I was looking for Alolan Digglet on Isle of Armor. So yeah, I did get that... as far as I can remember, that is the only one I've gotten and it was by complete accident.

Last edited:
Years
Holy molly, 15 years? That's dedication. Also, am I the only one who never got a shiny?! Except for Pokemon GO, they have events and what-not.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
Mine's not too exciting tbh. I was spamming max raids and got in on a hacked raid with a 6 IV shiny sylveon. Still looked cool tho

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 22, 2022
Im fairly new to the game. My first shiny was a gastly. Caught it in the wild, first week into playing. I wasn't hunting for shinies at the time when it appeared. Definitely made my day.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 24, 2021
My first was a rockruff that I accidentally ran into in tall gras

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Nov 29, 2021
my first was lilligant i found it randomly in the max lair while looking for zygarde.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
A random encounter with a Pangoro. Not a bad find but not my favorite. Still, I'll take any shiny I can get lol.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Scorbunny bred from one I received in a wonder trade.
I've since bred 2 shiny Rookidee, several shiny Grookies (looking for a female and still haven't gotten it but moved on for now), and 2 shiny Charmanders as well.

Years
My very first playthrough, not long into the game the very first Eldegoss I ever saw was a shiny. I then looked up the pokemon because I saw the shiny animation and was in disbelief

Years
I was talking about how I liked Wooloo's Shiny with a friend, who's a bit more into the games than I am, when they suddenly decided to give me one as a gift. Still stored in a box somewhere, much appreciated.

I still haven't actually run into a shiny on my own! That's life for you.

Last edited:

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
Years
My first shiny was either the Shiny Zerora everyone got when the Isle of Armor released. If you don't count those, then I got a Shiny Snover by complete luck while doing a Nuzlocke, and the first one I genuinely hunted was a Shiny Wooloo after I got the Shiny Charm (took a bit over 1000 encounters)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
It was super early in my playthru. First time in the wild area, walk up to the first berry tree I find, shiny skwovet pops out. Basically my third encounter in the entire game and it was shiny.

Back