• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Prepare For Trouble!~ [Team Rocket Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I guess this theory is as much about Jessie as it is about Cassidy, but I have some thoughts about what might have happened between the two of them.

The rivalry between Jessie and Cassidy normally comes across as pretty unbalanced, with Cassidy as the mean one who always picks on Jessie, and Jessie almost looking like a good guy in comparison. But I've always imagined that Jessie was the one who actually caused the rift in the first place. I love her to bits, but she really is pretty selfish, she tends not to think before she acts, and she has a history of not working well with others--so I could easily see her doing something that would cause Cassidy to turn against her. The trio hurt and insult each other all the time but always get over it pretty quickly, but I don't think Cassidy would be nearly as forgiving. I don't think Cassidy is cruel enough to start seriously bullying a close friend for no reason, but I could see her secretly holding a grudge and going for disproportionate revenge when someone really hurts her.

So anyway, I have a theory that Cassidy and Jessie were partners when they first joined Team Rocket training school. They got along well in the beginning, although since they're both very competitive people, there was a slight rivalry mixed with their friendship right from the start. Deep down, Cassidy always believed that she was better than Jessie, but she did genuinely like her.

At some point things went horribly wrong. I never worked out the specifics of this part. Maybe they completely screwed up a mission, and Jessie tried to pin the blame on Cassidy--or maybe it was the opposite; they did particularly well, and Jessie tried to take full credit (either way, I do think it was Jessie who caused it--but out of clueless selfishness rather than malice). Cassidy was furious with Jessie for throwing her under the bus like this, and decided to put her in her in place by bullying her and showing the world how pathetic and incompetent she was. They became completely unable to work together, and were quickly assigned new partners. The higher-ups were generally reluctant to reassign partners and typically only did it in hopeless situations, so this was a pretty major black mark on Cassidy's record.

Cassidy was paired with Butch, which worked out very well for her: Butch was smart, competent, easy to get along with, and just submissive enough to treat Cassidy with the reverence she felt she deserved. Jessie, meanwhile, went through a string of partners and quickly drove them all away, one way or another. She would up running out of potential partners in the blue division, and had to be moved to the red division, where there were still a few people who hadn't heard of her reputation. Cassidy loved every second of this, since she felt that it proved that the failure of their partnership was completely Jessie's fault, so she took particular pleasure in gloating about how Jessie was unpartnerable and would be kicked out soon enough. Obviously that didn't quite happen, but Cassidy feels vindicated over the whole mess every time she hears about Jessie and her team failing another mission.

Edit:
As a side note, has Jessie been a model, or has she always dreamt of being one? I forgot... All I know is that her modeling career didn't turn out well.
Well, Jessie claimed she used to be a model in Spring Fever (one of the Johto episodes featuring Todd Snap). But the only published example she had of her modeling work was some picture of a snowy field with a tiny vague blur at the far end that was supposedly her: http://www.filb.de/content/anime/pm/193/413.jpg, http://www.filb.de/content/anime/pm/193/414.jpg. So, yeah, she probably wasn't a very successful model.

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I guess this theory is as much about Jessie as it is about Cassidy, but I have some thoughts about what might have happened between the two of them.

The rivalry between Jessie and Cassidy normally comes across as pretty unbalanced, with Cassidy as the mean one who always picks on Jessie, and Jessie almost looking like a good guy in comparison. But I've always imagined that Jessie was the one who actually caused the rift in the first place. I love her to bits, but she really is pretty selfish, she tends not to think before she acts, and she has a history of not working well with others--so I could easily see her doing something that would cause Cassidy to turn against her. The trio hurt and insult each other all the time but always get over it pretty quickly, but I don't think Cassidy would be nearly as forgiving. I don't think Cassidy is cruel enough to start seriously bullying a close friend for no reason, but I could see her secretly holding a grudge and going for disproportionate revenge when someone really hurts her.

So anyway, I have a theory that Cassidy and Jessie were partners when they first joined Team Rocket training school. They got along well in the beginning, although since they're both very competitive people, there was a slight rivalry mixed with their friendship right from the start. Deep down, Cassidy always believed that she was better than Jessie, but she did genuinely like her.

At some point things went horribly wrong. I never worked out the specifics of this part. Maybe they completely screwed up a mission, and Jessie tried to pin the blame on Cassidy--or maybe it was the opposite; they did particularly well, and Jessie tried to take full credit (either way, I do think it was Jessie who caused it--but out of clueless selfishness rather than malice). Cassidy was furious with Jessie for throwing her under the bus like this, and decided to put her in her in place by bullying her and showing the world how pathetic and incompetent she was. They became completely unable to work together, and were quickly assigned new partners. The higher-ups were generally reluctant to reassign partners and typically only did it in hopeless situations, so this was a pretty major black mark on Cassidy's record.

Cassidy was paired with Butch, which worked out very well for her: Butch was smart, competent, easy to get along with, and just submissive enough to treat Cassidy with the reverence she felt she deserved. Jessie, meanwhile, went through a string of partners and quickly drove them all away, one way or another. She would up running out of potential partners in the blue division, and had to be moved to the red division, where there were still a few people who hadn't heard of her reputation. Cassidy loved every second of this, since she felt that it proved that the failure of their partnership was completely Jessie's fault, so she took particular pleasure in gloating about how Jessie was unpartnerable and would be kicked out soon enough. Obviously that didn't quite happen, but Cassidy feels vindicated over the whole mess every time she hears about Jessie and her team failing another mission.

Interesting one! :D
Edit:

Well, Jessie claimed she used to be a model in Spring Fever (one of the Johto episodes featuring Todd Snap). But the only published example she had of her modeling work was some picture of a snowy field with a tiny vague blur at the far end that was supposedly her: http://www.filb.de/content/anime/pm/193/413.jpg, http://www.filb.de/content/anime/pm/193/414.jpg. So, yeah, she probably wasn't a very successful model.
Right I remember this! These pics gave me a good laugh xD!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't see the pictures either, it redirects me to a blank imgur address.
EDIT: Okay I went and got my own pictures.
tumblr_lynwgf86qj1r671jho1_500.png

tumblr_lynwgf86qj1r671jho2_500.png

Last edited:

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
Years
Woah, you guys have interesting theories there. Musashi, I'm laughing my a* off at yours, hahaha! I'd love to go to Cassidy Land.

Good! That means I'm doing my job. XD

I'm enjoying reading everyone's theories. Keep 'em comin'!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't see the pictures either, it redirects me to a blank imgur address.
EDIT: Okay I went and got my own pictures.
tumblr_lynwgf86qj1r671jho1_500.png

tumblr_lynwgf86qj1r671jho2_500.png

A word to my beloved Jessie:
Why did you took such a small picture?

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I wish we got to hear more about Jessie's career as a weather girl.

Jessie and James have done so much considering they're supposed to be about 17 years old xD it's actually weird thinking the team rocket trio are my age.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I don't think Jessie stayed a weather girl for long; from what was shown in the Xatu episode she was really bad xD! I love how Xatu becomes sick when it takes a peek at Jessie's troubled past.

Jessie and James have done so much considering they're supposed to be about 17 years old xD it's actually weird thinking the team rocket trio are my age.
They're not 17. They're most likely aged between 21 and 24 ish. Have a look at the Birth of Mewtwo script I posted on page 8 :).

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
They're not 17. They're most likely aged between 21 and 24 ish. Have a look at the Birth of Mewtwo script I posted on page 8 :).
hmm that's what I'd heard. Although really the age of any anime character isn't clear at all with mixed signals everywhere. I can't remember where I heard Jessie and James were 17 but I heard it repeated a lot.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
hmm that's what I'd heard. Although really the age of any anime character isn't clear at all with mixed signals everywhere. I can't remember where I heard Jessie and James were 17 but I heard it repeated a lot.

Jessie says she's 17 in the Ultimate Test episode dub, but she also says her profession is diva right after. Not very credible :P. According to Dogasu she states being 22 in the Japanese version, but I'm not sure. It makes a lot more sense if she's older than 17 considering all the things she has done.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
It does seem likely that Jessie and James are in their 20s. But I don't think the amount of stuff they've done really matters, considering how much Ash has managed to do at the age of 10. ;)

The show hasn't really been consistent about their ages. The biggest piece of evidence that Jessie is actually a teenager is Holiday Hi-Jynx, which has a flashback to ten years ago where she looks like a little kid. But there is other evidence that points to the characters being older, and they generally get treated like adults... So maybe Jessie was just a really late bloomer. Eating snow instead of food will do that to ya.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
It does seem likely that Jessie and James are in their 20s. But I don't think the amount of stuff they've done really matters, considering how much Ash has managed to do at the age of 10. ;)

The show hasn't really been consistent about their ages. The biggest piece of evidence that Jessie is actually a teenager is Holiday Hi-Jynx, which has a flashback to ten years ago where she looks like a little kid. But there is other evidence that points to the characters being older, and they generally get treated like adults... So maybe Jessie was just a really late bloomer. Eating snow instead of food will do that to ya.
Rofl xD. Poor Jessie, she was bragging that snow food made her slimmer, but she omitted that it killed a couple of her brain cells too.

I must admit that the Jynx episode makes it quite inconsistent. In the flashback, Jessie looks like a five year old kid, but no way she's 15 in the series. Dogasu confirms the same number is mentioned in the Japanese version. The only arguments I can come up with is a) error on the writers' side or b) Jessie was lying about her age again (assuming the Japanese narrator isn't the one mentioning the number). I still consider the content of the CD drama as accurate since it has been written by Shudo who created J&J. It also makes more sense.

Last edited:

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Well Holiday Hi-jynx is an episode I stuggle to accept as canon anyway. Team Rocket kidnaped Santa. I think that says it all xD

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Well Holiday Hi-jynx is an episode I stuggle to accept as canon anyway. Team Rocket kidnaped Santa. I think that says it all xD
Yeah, that's very true lol. I prefer to believe Jessie's flashback was real, but that Jynx didn't belong to Santa. It's also very funny that Santa uses Ponyta because Stantler and Sawsbuck didn't exist back then xD.

For those who have some spare time, the character of the week will be Jessie. I think it's quite on topic. I'll try to finish my assignments and come up with something...

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
Years
For those who have some spare time, the character of the week will be Jessie. I think it's quite on topic. I'll try to finish my assignments and come up with something...

Lol Oh boy, I can write a three page essay on her. XD I'll just condense it into a few nonsensical paragraphs when I get the chance.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Jessie, I will skip this one, I will only write for James.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Jessie is one of Pokemon's most amusing characters, I'll also try to come up with something tomorrow. :P

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I might leave more time for her since there's a lot to write (and I'm too busy right now lol). Snor(es)lax, you could just come up with funny nonsense if you feel like it! Back to my books... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back