• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bleach Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
And then you get people like Yui or Rie Fu who sound just as good if not better live.

Using a Bleach songs to keep it cool for discussion.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
And then you get people like Yui or Rie Fu who sound just as good if not better live.

Life is like a Boat is one of the most played songs on my iTunes ^-^ Although I don't think it was a good theme song for bleach really, it's just a good normal song.

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around in a while.
I watched episode 366 earlier today on Crunchyroll.
I noticed a couple things in the the scenes during the ending credits...
Spoiler:

-Lapras- said:

Uh, I think Rei Fu was lip-synching during that performance... >.>

And I found them on YT too~

Asterisk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reVi4CxrLho

Alones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1zXnXMsIhY

\(^O^)/

In other news, I've also finally reached the first episode in the anime which has MASK for the ending. (The last ending song...)

And in commemoration of that, I was bored (and avoiding homework) so I downloaded all the opening and ending songs and made a playlist of them. =D

Ah the nostalgia...
Nice find! Those were pretty good covers.

Just wondering, have any of the opening or ending themes been produced for Bleach, or did they all already exist?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
From the top of my head I know Asterisk already existed, but they made an alternative version of the song just for Bleach.
Alones I know for a fact already existed.

...I guess you could assume none of the others were made specifically for Bleach either, since their lyrics would most likely be Bleach-related in that case.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Most of the time they're new songs for opening and endings, couldn't tell you which ones were just selected from an album though. Reason is the bands use it as marketing, not really worth marketing an old song now is it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Looks like the club has been doing well without me 8D

Spoiler:

Did you guys hear Scandal's cover of Asterisk and Alones? (You know, Scandal is the group that did Shoujo S, the 9th(?) opening, and the last opening Harukaze... Asterisk is the 1st opening and Alones is the 5th? 6th? something like that... Too lazy to look it up.) But yeah, with Harukaze they seem to have released covers of those two songs.
Listened to them. They're good, but I am just so used to the originals (which I must have been listening to for how many years now?) that they just sound... strange to me. Though I'll admit, the first singer right at the beginning of Alones was really good. I think to someone who hadn't heard the originals first (or hadn't heard them for a long time before hearing this one), it would be a good song.
Don't think I'll listen to it very often though.

Zameric said:
Just wondering, have any of the opening or ending themes been produced for Bleach, or did they all already exist?
I'd have to double check on each of them (which I am too lazy to), but I'm pretty sure that they're just popular rock/pop songs that have been cut down and slapped with some animation. I'm pretty sure that's standard nowadays, and in fact, the only anime that I can think of off of the top of my head that had a song made for it was Dragonball Z.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Hot diddly-oh, forgot it's wednesday today.
Chapter;
Spoiler:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
For the openings/endings it depends from anime to anime, song to song.

Some anime have songs done specifically for them, most notably the ones which have the seiyuu sing the themes. (More often those are slice of life or romantic comedies though.)

For Bleach, mostly they are just regular songs.

I don't know if some of them were written with Bleach in mind or not, but maybe. It's hard to know. I do know that some of them got a later actual release than the song's TV debut though. (I'm pretty sure chAngE is one of them...?)

I'll do some research later and let you guys know. I want to know too - I really love finding out more about Japanese music. XD

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
According to a friend of mine, Manga Reader is blocking Americans from viewing the manga on their website.... -_-

Manga 488
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
Manga~~~

Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
MANGA 489
Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Yeah, the Japanese seiyuu do seem to struggle with other languages, I guess they are probably just reading a script and haven't actually studied it. I hope it's better than Asuka though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 4, 2012
Idk why... but ive always thought that Japanese singers have such great voices, and combined with thier lanquage is just a work of art=)

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Manga 489
Spoiler:

Manga~~~

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.