• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
At 530 Arons. None with the magical sparkle.
The new world order is coming along smoothly
The Aron are growing restless as they eagerly await their shiny leader.
We are one, we are many.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I got a Shiny Aron from breeding a French Ditto and an English Lairon when I was trying to get one for my dex. I'm not sure if I'll ever mass-MM to get specific shinies though. If I do, it might be for thing which I already have shinies of and would like to see them with better natures/IVs. (Another Aron, the Red Gyarados from HGSS, etc.)

Shhmew

Years
I feel obligated to post here, because...

I tried doing the two things I've heard people say make shinies more likely, and I got two shinies within about 50 eggs. This is what I did: Every time I turned on my game to hatch eggs, I would first go to Le Nah and tip
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
10,000. Then I'd go back to the daycare and take the parents out, then put them back in (first reteaching any egg moves if they forgot them).

Then voilà. I got two shiny vulpix. The first one I only got after about 30 eggs, it had everything I didn't want: Male, flash fire, with no perfect IVs in special attack. So I decided to keep trying, especially since that one took so fast. I redid the Le Nah and taking parents out/putting them back in, and got a shiny within about another 20 eggs. This one was female, had Drought, and had perfect IVs in everything but attack. [: I'm so very happy with her (though I just learned smogon bans Drought in anything lower than OU... booo)

Don't know if this stuff really works, but it definitely worked for me. >.<

Note: I do not have the shiny charm, and I've hatched four shinies before this, all taking me between 1,000 and 2,000 eggs individually.

EDIT: Here are pictures :D

My baby<3
Spoiler:

Other one:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Well, I just hatched my first ever Masuda Method shiny - by complete accident! I have a Japanese Ditto with good IVs that I have permanently placed in the Daycare, so I suppose it was bound to happen sometime, but this was literally the first egg
16.%20eek.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention what it was! It was a cute little red-eyed Aron :)

Last edited:
Years
Got myself a shiny drought vulpix in my second batch of eggs and a shiny eevee on my sixth. Not having as much luck with my cottonee right now but I'm not giving up \o/

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Yes! I got a shiny Froakie after about 1 1/2 to 2 boxes. I evolved him all the way to an awesome black Greninja.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Awwww yeah guys!!!!
I'm amazed once again, at this late evening (at least here in The Netherlands) I just hatched my so-long-desired-adorable Shiny Charmander (female OMG)!! :D Brave nature, the way I wanted it to be (mother got an Everstone)! <3 :3

I know ofcourse a lot of people hatched a Shiny Charmander for themselves, but I really wanted a Shiny Charmander since the Gen.2 series, but I was too young at the time to have the patience and persistence AND it was impossible for me, ever, to get a JAP Pokemon to breed it with ;) So I'm SUPER happy about it!! (and it's a female, this is the best!)

Took me: 3 days and 532 Eggs, *with the Shiny Charm
So that's my second Masuda Method shiny since I obtained the charm ;)

To everyone else out there, good luck and keep it up!! ;)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Shinies: (obviously I got them in their lowest evolution)
Politoad
2 porygon Z
Milotic
11 eevee's ( took me and my friend forever but I wanted all the evolutions
1 Palkia not by Masada method
1 sneasel (yet to evolve)
2 dratini
1 salamence
I have 19 boxes of eevee in poke bank gosh it took long

It's all about luck and if only they all took as long that it took to get my shiny bagon)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fastblade

Who?
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I'm trying to MM a Ryhorn... the parents have egg moves, so hopefully I'll have a shiny Ryhorn with the elemental fangs and Metal Burst. Not sure if I want Lightning Rod or Rock Head yet...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
I have now hatched 403 Eevee's and don't yet have a shiny. Someone gave me a shiny Politoed, but that's the only shiny I have ever come across personally. I'm DYING to get my own!

Years
I have!

I was breeding a female U.S. Malamar with a male Japanese Greninja and eventually got a shiny! The funny thing is that I didn't even notice I had bred a shiny Malamar until I was about to trade it on Wonder Trade! I noticed it was a different color than normal and IMMEDIATELY turned off the game before the trade could go through! Unfortunately, I don't know how many eggs it took to get it, but it had to be give or take 100.

PokePaul

Standard Trainer
Years
Masuda Method works great!

I haven't invested much time into breeding recently as I've been preparing a team of max IV's and EV's but I did a few months ago hatch a shiny Honedge after 60 eggs and a Skarmory after 500+ eggs. Honedge has max HP, Sp. Att and Sp.Def IV's which isn't bad after only 60 eggs XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 24, 2014
I've been breeding for a shiny dedenne... I've gone though 9 boxes and counting, still nothing. I have 2 more boxes I have to hatch still so hopefully I'll get lucky.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Hey guys, well, yes here is yet another person breeding for this one, but I just hatched my Shiny Eevee! :D I'm super happy about this, I already have another Shiny Eevee from my White2 game, but I guess I'm just a perfectionist and wanted a Kalos-bred Eevee, with me as the original trainer ofcourse :3

It hatched only on my 28th Egg, male, Adaptability and with a Modest nature! <3
This is already my third hatched shiny since I obtained the Shiny Charm, it really works for me! And I'm really happy about this! :D

So now I have (breeding with the Shiny Charm + MM):
- Amaura (7 Eggs)
- Charmander (532 Eggs + Everstone)
- Eevee (28 Eggs)

I think I will go for some other starters next, using the Masuda Method ofcourse, starting with Squirtle. ;) Guess I'm taking a little break now from breeding, train my final Shiny Team now and do some investigation around horde battling, random encounters and the Pokradar since obtaining the Charm. ^_^

To everyone else: good luck! You will get there!

Last edited:
Years
I've never tried getting a Masuda Method Shiny yet. But since I completed my Pokemon in my Pokemon X game, I'm going to try my luck and get a MM Shiny in my Pokemon Y game. I got a Japanese
doublade.gif
from Wonder Trade and I put it in with a recently caught
honedge.gif
. I only have hatched 4 eggs so far and it's still early days for me.

But I do have a question for all of you who have TONS of Pokemon that you hatched in your mission for Shiny Pokemon? What do you do with them all? Put them up for Wonder Trade, send them all into Pokemon Bank or release them?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
I've never tried getting a Masuda Method Shiny yet. But since I completed my Pokemon in my Pokemon X game, I'm going to try my luck and get a MM Shiny in my Pokemon Y game. I got a Japanese
doublade.gif
from Wonder Trade and I put it in with a recently caught
honedge.gif
. I only have hatched 4 eggs so far and it's still early days for me.

But I do have a question for all of you who have TONS of Pokemon that you hatched in your mission for Shiny Pokemon? What do you do with them all? Put them up for Wonder Trade, send them all into Pokemon Bank or release them?

I usually just release. Or bank. Releasing is fastest way to get rid of them if you don't have bank though.

finalrayne

High Roller
Years
Was trying to get a couple shiny's before i got this one but got a shiny chespin from one egg but the total eggs before of other pokes to get to that shiny chespin is 100. Was making starters for one of my friends only reason why I ended up with chespin lol.

Back