• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Lucky you Fufu. Nice Omanyte and other shinies.

I'm currently in Iron Island hoping for a random shiny Onix. They have a 30% appearance rating at the area I'm in, in Diamond.

Years
Wow, big time congrats on the shiny DPWS Omanyte, Fufu!

It makes me want to pick up my third-gen hunts, namely Kyogre.

Right now, I'm working on a breeding chain so my next bunch of Turtwigs will know Worry Seed, Growth, Double Edge, and Amnesia. Current Egg count is 237, and will remain there for the next bit until this is done.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thanks, DK and MM. :D

I got a 40 chain for Makuhita today; I've gotten two shinies so far. I'm catching them in Repeat Balls simply because I don't know what a shiny Hariyama would look good in! After I'm done, I will resume hatching eggs for another shiny Porygon. I need to get a Masuda shiny already. >_<

Now I'm at Pattern Bush on FireRed. I'm training Omanyte there (not EV-training, mind you) while I hunt for Spinarak/Heracross. On LG, I decided to soft reset for Clefairy as well.

As usual, Ruby remains unused. My focus will turn to Diamond and Platinum for the next few days.

Good luck, everyone!

Years
I am really unsure as to what to go after next.

I might go for a challenge and go for the trio of birds, since I have one :O

That would take me a while, I know! XD

:::EDIT:::
Woop woop!
New shiny to add to my collection.
This is more of a novelty to have!

Behold:
OMG - FARFETCH'D
OMG - FARFETCH'D AGAIN

Haha. Told you!

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thanks, DK! I'm trying to keep the roll going myself, but knowing my Diamond version, it won't spit out any non-radar shinies just yet. =(

Ya know, I said I was going to soft reset for shiny Clefairy, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'll return to Aerodactyl and soft reset for it instead. I'm switching targets on Diamond, too, from Porygon to Croagunk. Perhaps I'll even soft reset for Uxie if I get too bored of hatching eggs. If I decide to soft reset on Diamond, I'll first have to EV-train some of my shinies.

Good luck, everyone.

Years
Well.... *Cough*
I have been saving this post because I wanted to get all of them :D

I HAVE ALL OF THE BIRD TRIO AS SHINY! :D
I HAVE ALL OF THE PHYSIC TRIO AS SHINY :D
AND CRESSELIA! XD

Azelf *Old*
Unix *Old*
Mespirit *NEW*

Zapdos *NEW*
Moltres *NEW*
Articuno *NEW*

Cresselia *NEW*

Ok, so the story behind these ><'

I caught Azelf and Unix a while back as you guys may know, but I could never get Mespirit, because he was running away. So I started to soft reset for him a few days ago, and here he is. Wasn't that hard to catch =]

The trio of birds was a little annoying, I just went back and forth between Sandgem Town and Route 202, as a grass patch is right next to the town =]

After a long time, I finally got them. They were all so hard to catch, I wasted over 200 pokeballs on them.
They were all on 1 HP (False Swipe) and asleep ><
Thanks Wab for Shadow Tag :P

That's it!
I now don't know what to go for ><

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
My shiny Turtwig is completely EV trained(a couple days ago now), and it has since then evolved into a shiny Torterra. I went chaining for a few synchronizer Ralts(I'm SRing for a Modest shiny Giratina now in Platinum) in my Pearl version.

I got up to 40 without really trying and while looking for another patch to go into, I got a shiny patch. I continued the chain, still catching every Synchronize Ralts I could find, and I managed to get a second shiny patch around 71 or so. As I don't really count my radared shinies anymore, there won't be pictures.

I am currently SRing for shiny Giratina in Platinum, and I started a new SR project in my "lucky" Pearl. Eevee is my next SR target for this game, I'm around 100 SR's so far for the white fox, so I hope it appears soon.

See ya next time ^_^.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well.... *Cough*
I have been saving this post because I wanted to get all of them :D

I HAVE ALL OF THE BIRD TRIO AS SHINY! :D
I HAVE ALL OF THE PHYSIC TRIO AS SHINY :D
AND CRESSELIA! XD

Azelf *Old*
Unix *Old*
Mespirit *NEW*

Zapdos *NEW*
Moltres *NEW*
Articuno *NEW*

Cresselia *NEW*

Ok, so the story behind these ><'

I caught Azelf and Unix a while back as you guys may know, but I could never get Mespirit, because he was running away. So I started to soft reset for him a few days ago, and here he is. Wasn't that hard to catch =]

The trio of birds was a little annoying, I just went back and forth between Sandgem Town and Route 202, as a grass patch is right next to the town =]

After a long time, I finally got them. They were all so hard to catch, I wasted over 200 pokeballs on them.

That's it!
I now don't know what to go for ><

Sorry, Alinthea, but that's a little hard to believe. You got FIVE roaming shinies in a matter of few days (the three birds, Cresselia, and Mesprit)? And you didn't even tell us how you got Cresselia. That's just unbelievable, and your pictures prove nothing other than that they are on your game. It's gonna take a little more proof than that to convince me that those shinies are legitimate.

Years
Really? O_o
How do you mean I didn't say how I got Cresselia? O_o

I got it in the wild.

All of them were caught on route 202.
Like I said, that is where I pretty much "set up camp" to attempt to catch them all.

I know it is rather hard to believe, but I am not lying O_o
I will take some more pictures then ^-^

:::Edit:::

Oh! XDDDD
I didn't actually say how I caught Cresselia!
My bad :/

The same pretty much as the others.
But I caught Cresselia this morning. Before I made my post!
Was too excited ><

Sorry ><'

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Really? O_o
How do you mean I didn't say how I got Cresselia? O_o

I got it in the wild.

All of them were caught on route 202.
Like I said, that is where I pretty much "set up camp" to attempt to catch them all.

I know it is rather hard to believe, but I am not lying O_o
I will take some more pictures then ^-^
No, you said "the trio of birds was a little annoying, I just went back and forth between Sandgem Town and Route 202".

You explicitly mentioned Mesprit, and you collectively talked about the bird trio. Not ONCE did you type the word "Cresselia" in your post, nor did you explain how you go it.

Furthermore, you didn't explain the order in which you got the Pokemon; how are we supposed to believe that you caught them ALL on the same route? Would that mean that your Pokemon Marker App (or whatever it's called) had FIVE marks all on the same route? Excuse, but that's a little suspicious. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that you didn't even mention this to us, waiting to "find them all", and the fact that it took only a few days makes your claim more dubious.

------------

My brother is playing through Pearl too slowly, so I'm doing it now...I'm fighting the fifth gym leader now. Hopefully, after he wakes up, I can get him to actually do something. Perhaps I'll make it to Palkia by the end of the night. I still need to decide what Synchronizer to use!

On Diamond, I'm afraid I'll have to postpone my Uxie hunt. Between transferring stuff over from Emerald, picking up berries, checking the GTS for a high levelled Smeargle, and EV-training, it's just too much stuff. I'll just stick to chaining or breeding when I have some free time.

And I've had my FireRed on since last night hunting for a shiny Heracross. I have no idea how many I've run into, but using the Max Repel method + Illuminate Staryu + White Flute = A LOT of encounters. I don't know why I'm bothering though; my next shiny is probably going to come from LG anyways.

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:
Years
No, you said "the trio of birds was a little annoying, I just went back and forth between Sandgem Town and Route 202".

You explicitly mentioned Mesprit, and you collectively talked about the bird trio. Not ONCE did you type the word "Cresselia" in your post, nor did you explain how you go it.

Furthermore, you didn't explain the order in which you got the Pokemon; how are we supposed to believe that you caught them ALL on the same route? Would that mean that your Pokemon Marker App (or whatever it's called) had FIVE marks all on the same route? Excuse, but that's a little suspicious. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that you didn't even mention this to us, waiting to "find them all", and the fact that it took only a few days makes your claim more dubious.
I completely understand where you are coming from Fufu.
I know it is a little unbelievable :/
Actually, it is very unbelievable, which is why I can understand you not believing me.

Ok, I will start from the beginning. Hope it helps you and everyone to understand.

Unix
Ok. Unix was caught on the 26th of April.
Unix was my first shiny catch out of these three. I SR for 2 days for him. I say 2 days, it was more like, 10-12 hours in total. I am not sure definite on how long it took me, mainly because I was off and on it while doing revision for my exams.
I caught him in the Acuity Cavern, as you normally do.
I caught him early in the morning before I intended to start revision.
This is one of my favorite pokemon, so that is why I decided to SR for him to be shiny.
Once I got him, I thought I might as well go after the other two.

Azelf
Azelf was caught on the 27th of April.
Although i caught him the next day, it is more like late night.
I remember this day well, because I gave up with revision. I had got stressed :/
Azelf took me longer me around 8 hours to catch. I started around 2PM. Again, I know that because that was when I gave up revision.
Caught him in Valor Cavern, again, as you would. =]

Mespirit
Mespirit was caught on the 2nd of June.
A big gap between the last catch of Azelf! This is due to my exams and stress. I didn't feel like playing Pokemon or shiny hunting much. Only a few times did I do it :/
This was during my epic hunt for all of the roaming Pokemon. He was caught on 202.

So for the Trio of birds!
So I started with which ever came up first.

That was Zapdos
I used a quick ball for Zapdos on him and it worked...
Shocking isn't it! :D

Second was Moltres
Moltres was a lot harder. I think I was just lucky with Zaptos.
Wabby was in on this one!
Tried a few quick balls, but no luck this time.
Safeguarded so I didn't get burnt by flamethrower.
Looking at how much flamethrower did to wabby, I knew it would bring Moltres down to about 1/5 health when I mirror coated. It did just that.
So, I started throwing a endless amount of balls at him, took me about 30 minutes till he finally gave in. Mainly because he kept using roost, so I had to wait till he was full health again, (2 roosts) then mirror coat him. Eventually, he ran out of roosts! XD Showed him!
I used over all, looking at my bag, 57 ultra balls in total. I know because I had 99 from buying them fresh :D

Finally, we have Articuno
The last of the Birds. Again, going through the normal, I fought him with Wabby. Didn't fancy getting frozen with ice beam, so safeguard as usual.
Ice beam was doing a little less than Moltres's flamethrower, but it was ok. It brought him down to just over red health. Again, took a while. I ran out of Ultra balls, so I had to resort to timer balls, which wasn't so bad. It took a while, so it was only a matter of time! Unless he started to struggle O_O. Though, he didn't :D

Last, but not least. Cresselia
Who was caught in the early hours of this morning!
After going to stock up on more Ultra balls, I started the search again.
This was more of a pain too be honest. Because Cresselia didn't really have any decent attacks, it took a while for it to go down to the health I needed using mirror coat and counter. Yes, counter for slash, as I discovered in the battle O_O
It took a while and a lot of guess work. Finally, I got it to an inch of its life and started to throw those balls. Again, I threw 43 this time. Looking at how many are left now I worked it out.

That is the end of my tales.

I hope you now believe me, because I don't know what I can now do to prove they are my babies! O_O

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
That is the end of my tales.
You're right, this is the end of your tales.

According your first post regarding these shinies, you said you used False Swipe AND Wobbuffett.

Alinthea said:

Here's the evidence.

Oddly, you never ONCE mentioned the use of False Swipe to get the birds down to One HP, nor did you explain how you captured Mesprit in your most recent post.

Mesprit: You basically said you randomly ran into him while you were searching for the other roaming Pokemon, and it just HAPPENED to be shiny. Never mind telling us about how you were prepared to catch a roaming shiny in a simple Ultra Ball. At this point, I'll be hard pressed to believe that you threw an Ultra Ball on the first turn and it stayed in.

Zapdos: Apparently, it was captured by the first Quick Ball. Unlikely, but totally possible and believable for that matter. However, you failed to mention whether or not you even soft reset for it! It sounds like you just found it, and it was shiny the first time. You didn't give us a detailed report of how you went about getting your shiny roaming Zapdos, just like you didn't give us a detailed report about shiny Mesprit. So that's TWO (Zapdos and Mesprit) shinies about which you gave us an extremely diaphanous hunting iternary about.

And yet, all of that guesswork was unnecesarry because you said you got them all down to 1 HP with False Swipe, yet you threw a Quick Ball...that sounds slightly contradictory to me, unless you got go it down to 1 HP in a few turns. However, that, too, is unlikely because you didn't even mention which Pokemon you used to catch Zapdos!

Moltres: This story is believable, except for the fact that you failed to mention any use of False Swipe. But according to your prior post (quoted above, for easy reference) they were ALL at 1 HP. I think that's pretty important to note, considering at 1 HP, one is extremely close to losing a shiny.

Articuno: Again, your posts contradict each other.
Alinthea said:
Ice beam was doing a little less than Moltres's flamethrower, but it was ok. It brought him down to just over red health.

Alinthea said:

Need I say more?

Cresselia: It's the exact same situation as Articuno. Your stories are inconsistent.

Alinthea said:
Alinthea said:
Because Cresselia didn't really have any decent attacks, it took a while for it to go down to the health I needed using mirror coat and counter. Yes, counter for slash, as I discovered in the battle O_O
It took a while and a lot of guess work. Finally, I got it to an inch of its life and started to throw those balls.

Oh, and something I noticed as I review my post: not once did you even mention the use of sleep status to help aid in your capture. Another discrepancy in your posts.

And on a final note, NO soft reset times (not even approximations) were given. I don't know if you took you weeks, months, days, or just hours of hunting. To me, it seems like all this happened collectively happened with one hour of hunting, ten minutes a day on each shiny.

I'm ready for the truth now, Alinthea.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
He also calls Uxie "Unix", lol.

Uxie is the new Linux.

Anyways, I could probably have at least a couple more shinies by now, but other games besides Pokemon have caught my attention.

I'm still hatching my target, though. (Spiritomb)
I'm nearing 330 hatched, but I'm not really doing it the beneficial way.

You see, my friend shinycollector7 on YouTube said that it helps if you hatch at least 150 - 180 eggs in one swoop, and then turn off your game, because each time you turn it off it resets the seeding.
So for a few days I've only played a little and have only hatched about 30 eggs.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that I could stretch it out more and possibly benefit from it if I hatched more in one sitting.

That's hard to do when there's other games that I'm playing at the moment. :P

After I get Spiritomb, I dunno what I'll try to get after that....

Good luck everyone!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
DDD, I've heard something similar to that, too. I wonder if it's true?

I'm facing Palkia right now.
biggrin.gif
I'm SO ready to get it in its shiny form!

And I know exactly what I'm doing. I open up with my Synchronize Alakazam. It Tricks an Iron Ball onto Palka. From there, I use Reflect. If Zam doesn't die, I keep on using Kinesis until it faints. If Zam dies, I switch to Exeggutor, who sets up Light Screen and walls it while I revive/heal Zam. Switch back to 'Zam, Kinesis it until its accuracy is really low (like -5 or -6), then I set up a screen and switch to Sceptile, who uses a combination of Rock Smash and False Swipe to get it down to 1 HP. Breloom is an absolute last resort Pokemon because it has Effect Spore, and if Palkia hits with Dragon Claw, it could get poisoned.
frown.gif
That's why Kinesis is really helpful in this match.

Oh, AND I'm going to catch Palkia in a Heal Ball.

Good luck, everyone.

Edit: I just found out that Struggle never misses....oh well.

Edit2: Sorry, the beginning of my post is misleading. I was not battling a shiny Palkia at the time, I was just battling a normal one...I'm just letting you guys know that I'm soft resetting for it on Pearl.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
You're right, this is the end of your tales.

According your first post regarding these shinies, you said you used False Swipe AND Wobbuffett.

Here's the evidence.

Oddly, you never ONCE mentioned the use of False Swipe to get the birds down to One HP, nor did you explain how you captured Mesprit in your most recent post.

Mesprit: You basically said you randomly ran into him while you were searching for the other roaming Pokemon, and it just HAPPENED to be shiny. Never mind telling us about how you were prepared to catch a roaming shiny in a simple Ultra Ball. At this point, I'll be hard pressed to believe that you threw an Ultra Ball on the first turn and it stayed in.

Zapdos: Apparently, it was captured by the first Quick Ball. Unlikely, but totally possible and believable for that matter. However, you failed to mention whether or not you even soft reset for it! It sounds like you just found it, and it was shiny the first time. You didn't give us a detailed report of how you went about getting your shiny roaming Zapdos, just like you didn't give us a detailed report about shiny Mesprit. So that's TWO (Zapdos and Mesprit) shinies about which you gave us an extremely diaphanous hunting iternary about.

And yet, all of that guesswork was unnecesarry because you said you got them all down to 1 HP with False Swipe, yet you threw a Quick Ball...that sounds slightly contradictory to me, unless you got go it down to 1 HP in a few turns. However, that, too, is unlikely because you didn't even mention which Pokemon you used to catch Zapdos!

Moltres: This story is believable, except for the fact that you failed to mention any use of False Swipe. But according to your prior post (quoted above, for easy reference) they were ALL at 1 HP. I think that's pretty important to note, considering at 1 HP, one is extremely close to losing a shiny.

Articuno: Again, your posts contradict each other.

Need I say more?

Cresselia: It's the exact same situation as Articuno. Your stories are inconsistent.

Oh, and something I noticed as I review my post: not once did you even mention the use of sleep status to help aid in your capture. Another discrepancy in your posts.

And on a final note, NO soft reset times (not even approximations) were given. I don't know if you took you weeks, months, days, or just hours of hunting. To me, it seems like all this happened collectively happened with one hour of hunting, ten minutes a day on each shiny.

I'm ready for the truth now, Alinthea.

Just one final thing here, all 3 birds are released at the same time, so for him to get all three of them released shiny would take insurmountable luck, virtually bordering on the impossible

Years
It would take all three frames given to be shiny. I think that it's actually impossible, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I'm not going to comment on the legitimacy, although it's quite obvious whether they are or not.

I'm only grounded for another week. FTW.

Congrats on all new shinies.
By the way, Fufu, Kakkadragon got ANOTHER Random Shiny. >__________>
And, it's your target. >_________________________>

That's it for now. Good luck, all.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
That's great for him! Did he get Spinarak or Duskull? Actually, I'm not even hunting for Spinarak anymore, I should update that...

I'm soft resetting for Heatran on Diamond. I need to catch it in order to get all the others trainers to step up to the highest levels and (as a result) pay me exorbitant fees after I beat them. Plus, the idea of getting a new fire type shiny is growing on me. I'm soft resetting for Palkia on Pearl as well.

Good luck, everyone.

Years
Better/Worse [depending on your perspective ;P]. Palkia.

He's so freaking lucky.
I'm about to go steal away and Dual Hunt Zapdos and Dialga. I'm sick at my lack of sparkles for the past two months.

Anyways, another post that lacks any great detail, come and past. I hope I can start being a freaking asset to the club, and not sucking at these posts anymore. xD.

So with all said and done for now, good luck, homies. [/lolfail]

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Formalities are lame and shorten our lives, so I'll just say I'd like into the club. I've been a shiny hunter for two years, but the most has come out of the last one after I found out about chaining last summer. I trade sometimes in the trade forums-
If you wanna know anything further, honestly, just VM me.

I've always hated hatching eggs, but I decided to take just one stab at the Masuda Method; as of yesterday, I was some 160-odd eggs into Cherubi. I haven't yet added in the ones I've hatched today. It's ridiculously slow-going, and releasing pokemon is a waste of time. Oh well-

On the side, I'm leveling my shiny Crawdaunt to 50; the Cherubis get in the way of me finishing and diligently working on that, though (as easy of a goal as it is).

Back