• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Blast Ruby & Crush Saphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
More information about the game :D
I can't wait to begin scripting, and I can't wait to make the new scripts :D
I also have a feeling that I'm gonna like Blane, however you didn't really cover his personality.
Is he nice and helps you, or is he bad and tries to ruin your journey?
Or is he maybe something between, like Gary/Blue?

Last edited:

-PARADOX-

Overworld Spriter :)
Years
Olli97
thankyou for pointing that out, i may not have gone into that much detail on the rival. so here it is.

Name: Blane
Pokemon: Electrike
Personality: Not sure of himself, Nice and kind hearted, Fiery temper towards the injust
Relations: Old couple who protect the Blue & Red orbs(grandparents)
Encounters: You first see Blane as he runs away from Professor Birch's lab, this is because he is told He isnt strong enough for the league challenge. Later you will meet up with him in route one where he explains himself and befriends you and then tells you how he is going to find himself and then take on the gym challenge.
Backstory: Blane knows Wally from childhood as you will later find out. Blane moved from Petalburg to Rustborro when your fathers gym was built there. Blane, like you has a strange connection with Pokemon. Although he seems always to get into trouble...

Hope this is enough

Last edited:

Olli

Years
Blane is just the perfect rival for me.
I don't like rivals who's against the protagonist, just because they're rivals (even though the rival in a hack I'm currently working on is that way).
But I would also like to ask, maybe you should make him able to hear what the Pokémon say, like N in B/W.
It's just an suggestion :D

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
THIS. LOOKS. AMAZING.
It doesn't look like you have a sign up sheet thingy though. I just learned how to insert graphics. It's on my other computer, so i don't have an example right now. but iuf you send me and ips and tell me what sprites to insert, i can do a few when i'm not tied up with my own hack.

Olli

Years
Konekodemon and Atif:

I don't know if Paradox feels good about having beta testers, as though he doesn't want any of his graphics stolen, however the chances aren't that high that you would steal them, since I've seen you around, and I'm kinda sure you wouldn't do such things.
In my opinion it would be great with beta testers, since that just means less work x3.

cbd98:

I would suggest that you tried PM'ing him, since he mosty want requests for helping sent by pm :P

Last edited:

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
okay,I'm in love.
can blane be a girl?(with namechange)
darkblackOW.png

if yes,the first one is blane(tte)
if no,he's the 4th.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
This remake looks AWESOME! I've always wanted a remake of ruby & sapphire to be honest, anyways good luck with this!

-PARADOX-

Overworld Spriter :)
Years
Konekodemon & Atif: Yes you are now Beta testers!

cbd98: Ehm what do you mean by graphics. Its just some people get me mixed up when i say i need a graphics inserter. By graphics i mean things like the Pokedex, The pokenav, the map and the titlescreen etc. Can you do that?

r0bert: I want Blane to be a male. So no to the 2nd, and no to the fourth he looks kinda older than what i wanted. But i love the hair on the third one. Try again only have him looking younger and kinder and with the third guys hair only in Blue or red(cause Wally's hair is green) thankyou for making the effort though...

EDIT: i decided it was a challenge to ask you to design Blane so i did it myself:
attachment.php

What do you think? and could someone maybe design a trainer sprite for him?

Attachments

• blane.PNG
    blane.PNG
    893 bytes · Views: 959
Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Cool! Looking forward to beta testing. You can send the IPS to me in a PM or talk with me on MSN Messenger. My MSN is [email protected]

Oh! I made a support bar. There may be others who have better software then me and can make a better one but for now, this is the best your going to get. And I am better then what I used to be. Just some images are nearly impossible to get good text on.

BRCS.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2018
Oh I forgot about the credits thing :L credits to Kyledove for the overworlds. And I can't remember who made the house and lab tiles but I had to re draw all the house tiles anyway into 16 colours so it looked perfect :) if anyone wants to help just pm with what you can do and sone proof of your work:)

I believe the tiles were made by BoOmxBiG of Deviantart.

Olli

Years
Chances are that it is, chances are that he chose to use another rom, so that it would be easier to rescript and remake all the maps.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015
if you want a scripter,talk to me.
i can also insert 4th generation pk
i am also a good mapper.
if you need something ,send me a private message.

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
I could beta test as well if you still need people

First of all
I really liked the black / white hack thing
But it can't be helped

This one looks really good too so I'm sure all will be just fine =)
I'm hoping to see lots of nice stuff from you in the future as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back