• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sandstorm Help?

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
Alright so this is my FIRST attempt on a Sandstorm team. Let's see how I did.

Hippowdon.png
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Mr. Set up Sandstorm. Use his Slack Off to help set up Stealth Rock quickly. Ice Fang for those Dragon's. May change move set up a bit.

dpmfa346.png
@ Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Protect
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Recover

Wall/Stall. Suction Cups to help with switching moves opponent has. Bulky Hp to take hits. Toxic to do further damage in addition to Sandstorm (And maybe Stealth Rock if set up) Protect and Recover to help Stall while Hp whittles away. Rock Slide for STAB.

Swampert.png
@ Lum Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Ice Punch

Heavy Hitter. A few Curse's and this guy is nearly unbeatable. Rest + Lum Berry for early Hp Recovery during Curse Set up. Open for other move/item suggestions.

Gliscor.png
@ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Aerial Ace

With Bulkiness, Swords Dance/Baton Pass to even help set up Swampert for some hits or Rhyperior with Substitute and some ownage. Suggestions? Yache berry to help with 4x Weakness to Ice. Thinking Salac? No?

Rhyperior.png
@ Expert Belt
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP / 192 Atk / 16 SDef / 168 Spd
- Substitute
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Main man of the team. EV spread helps with Bulkiness. Expert Belt for further Damage with Super-effective hits. If Gliscor sets up with Swords Dance/Baton Pass, 1 substitute and this guy can do massive damage with STAB attacks.

magnezone.png
@ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 80 HP / 56 Def / 252 SAtk / 120 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magnezone was just added in for a Special hitter. I have other choices though that I would like opinions on. Helps keep in any Steel-types with Magnet Pull. Any?

Possible Changes:
Jirachi > Magnezone (Special sweeper)
Empoleon > Magnezone (SubPetaya Moveset)
Heatran > Cradily (Torment Stall)
Heatran > Magnezone (Metal Sound move set)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Tyranitar is the better Sandstreamer here because of its wide move pool:
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam/Superpower/Stone Edge
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/64 SAtk/192 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream

If you're dead set on Hippowdon, use Leftovers instead of Focus Sash and change the nature and EVs to 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Pinch berries aren't released in Gen V yet, so a Swords Dance set might be better. It's also a good way to catch anyone expecting Poison Heal Gliscor off guard:
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem
Ability: Sand Veil

Thunder's accuracy is at 50% in sandstorm so use Thunderbolt instead. You can also consider Hidden Power (Fire) to kill off Ferrothorn. (on Magnezone)

I'd make Cradily the Curser:
-Curse
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Earthquake/Seed Bomb
-Recover
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Ability: Suction Cups

Or
-Curse
-Seed Bomb/Rock Slide
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef

I'd rather use Reuniclus over Swampert because of its better offensive prowess and the fact that Swampert has to compete with Gastrodon:
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
Tried Reuniclus, didn't work so well. I may try Alakazam with magic guard instead. Tested cradily with curse, not so efficient. Think ill stick with what I got. Magnezone does better than empoleon. Thinking I may try Starmie or even Heatran. Thoughts?

Back