• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] NMLewis' art-type things

Years
Hello!

I have long used Adobe Flash for both animation and general drawing. Even though Flash is going to be "end-of-life" in 2020 (*sob*) I'll most likely continue to use it to make things like these.

Anyway, since July I've been making these gifs that have 3 drawings that get moved around/manipulated. Basically in the style of Crystal, Emerald or the Gen 4 games' sprites. The general thinking was that drawing each Pokemon 3 times would give me some familiarity with all of them. For whatever reason, I started going backwards through the Pokedex.

EDIT: Apparently these cannot be seen on the new UI? So... they can be seen if you don't use that!

Spoiler:

Perhaps it's achievable within the decade. Perhaps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I don't know if it's just on my end but I cannot see anything you've posted in the spoilers besides the text. No images are showing up at all. :(

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I don't know if it's just on my end but I cannot see anything you've posted in the spoilers besides the text. No images are showing up at all. :(

It seems they don't appear on the new UI. :o Have you tried switching styles?

These are great by the way Lewis, looks like fun! I especially love the Komala. :D And Buzzwole's animations are really cool!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
It seems they don't appear on the new UI. :o Have you tried switching styles?

These are great by the way Lewis, looks like fun! I especially love the Komala. :D And Buzzwole's animations are really cool!

Yup! Just confirmed that the New UI is the issue. I'll talk to the other devs and make sure this gets resolved. Lewis, you may want to put a disclaimer in your first post alerting users not to use the new UI when viewing this thread.

More importantly though: WOW!!! I am so legitimately impressed by these! I will pay you actual irl money if you can make me a sylveon one. I know PC isn't a platform for selling goods and services but HOT DAMN these are worth breaking the rules for, amirite? You've got some serious talent here I am actually (and this is the first time I'm using this word non-ironically) SHOOK.

Well done my friend. Well done. <3

Years
Oh wow, thanks Fairy!! That's seriously the biggest compliment I've ever received, I find myself shook!

I finished the Gen 7 ones at the start of the month, and since then I've kinda stopped making them, but I will start again soon (especially that I now know at least some people enjoy them)! From there, it won't be all that long 'til Sylveon rolls around anyway, but maybe I could make a special one if you want to request it doing something in particular? :-)

Thanks Hyzenthlay, I was pleased with how Komala went!

Next bunch:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just want to let you know that it appears images here are still not working on the new UI, even a month later. I implore all supporters and staff to use a different theme because you're honestly missing out on some of the best and most unique Pokemon artwork/animation to be posted in the Art Studio in a long time.

All that said, wow, wow, wow, wow! You deserve so much more praise than you're currently getting. If PC were a platform to sell goods or services, I'd pay good money to commission you to make a Sylveon for me. Even from your first batch your animation look so much smoother. The only possible critique I can give is to add shadows and highlighting, but that's honestly just a nitpick.

Keep up the great work! You've made even more of a fan out of me! <3333

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Looking really good!

Something I noticed, however: thing is, I'm running a dark theme and I noticed that a lot of the frames have gray pixels on their borders, assumably leftovers from when you removed the white canvas.

Also: I'm jumping onto the bandwagon with the shadows and highlighting, as well.

Years
I just let Flash do what it may when exporting the gif, I don't know much about that side of things! ^^;
Unfortunately I'm just gonna do them without highlighting and shadow, mostly because I want them to be kind of consistent (that, and I kinda suck at those things), but I fully admit they'd be a hell of a lot better with those effects!!

Mythicals & Legends of Kalos
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ooooh! I really appreciate how your animations are becoming a little more complex as time goes on. Maybe I'm just bias, but I think the Diance is my favorite so far! :D

Back