• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Diabound [Cancelled]

Years
Diabound has been cancelled

There's a small chance that Diabound may continue in the future, but as of right now it's currently not in development. Thanks for all of your support.

Rom Info
Base Rom: Pokémon Fire Red 1.0
Language: English​

Story
You and your mother recently move to the Yogen region from Johto. Yogen is said to be a peaceful region, prosperous without problem. And it has been so during the last centuries. But something feels uneasy, something is about to happen.

You moved to the small Town Fernspruce, there you met two other young boys and a professor, you make great friends with the boys. One day, the Professor ask you all if you'd like to receive a rare Pokémon, all of you were surprised to this sudden gift, of course nobody declines it, but why where you given the Pokémon? Is something brewing that none of you know, but the professor? Could he be scheming something? Nobody knows, play it and find out!​

Features
• New Moves
131 Moves from the 4 and 5th generation with full custom animations and effects.

• New Abilites
There are about 60 new abilities from Gens IV-VI

• Updated Effects
Abilities and moves have been updated to match the newer generations.

• Physical/Special/Status Split
Moves now have the PSS Split.

• Fairy Type
Fairy type is in the game.

• New Region
Explore the Yogen region and meet new friends, solve mysteries and become the new champion!

• Nature colored stats
A nature that increases a stat is colored red, while blue signifys a decreased stat.

• Decapitalisation
Most if not the whole game has been decapitalised.

• BW 2 Repel System
Will automatically ask you if you wan't to use another repel, if you have more than one.

• Pokémarts sell based on badges
Pokémarts will now sell you items based on what badge you have, the higher the better.

• Minor features
Running indoors, functional sideways stairs that gives you the feel of elevation, the player will face trainers before battle.​

Screenshots
WHijnFU.gif
ekL3rx0.png
EMan9jW.png
PovSrQx.png
gbSBnST.png
oC0hbzl.png]
bHVrQGf.png
tQlzcE9.png
fOCRCqO.png
E2ndjI2.gif

Credits
MrDollSteak's Rombase
G3HS - Karatekid552 (Such a fantastic tool for editing Pokemon!)
Pokemon Game Editor - Gamer2020 (This is the best tool for editing moves at the moment)
Decapitalisation - MrDollSteak
Pokedex Glitch Fix - Hackmew
Physical/Special/Status Split - Doesntknowhowtoplay
PSS Icons - Darthatron, Jambo51
Extended Move Table - Jambo51, Itman
Extended Move Effect Table - Jambo51, Itman
Extended Move Background Table - Chaos Rush, Tajaros
Extended Soundproof Table - Kurapika
New Moves - Contributors to '4th&5th Gen. Move Resources', MrDollSteak, Jambo51,Chaos Rush, KDS, mamamama... (to name a few)
Extended Ability Table - MrDollSteak
New Movesets - MrDollSteak
New Abilities - Doesn'tknowhowtoplay, Karatekid552, Jambo51, HidoranBlaze, KDS and MrDollsteak
New Items - Doesn'tknowhowtoplay, MrDollSteak, HidoranBlaze, KDS
Fairy-Type - MrDollSteak
Bug Finding and Fixing- Mystery Man, Doom Chaos, Chrunch, Noossab Blue, The Shiny Ho-Oh, Projectwolfie, Aidane154 and Doesn'tknowhowtoplay, NewDenverCity, Exodrake and others
Helping me in general - The_Learner
TL's Quick Enhancer - The_Learner
Hacked Engine - JPAN
Dynamic Overworld Palettes - Navenatox
BW2 Repel System - Darthatron
EV Cap to 252 - Touched

Sprites
Zeikku - Hero OW sprite

Scripts
Gamefreak - Namerater
Manipulation - Eggshop, edited by me
Me

Tiles
DaNerdyDude
Kymotonian
blackvolution
chaoticcherrycake
Hek-El-Grande
schnee
wesley
Me

Tools used
LU-HO - A-Map
LU-HO - Tileset Animation Editor
HxD - Maël Hörtz
HackMew - XSE
Kimonas - OWM
link 1252 - NSE
D-Trogh - NTME
int - TileHelperAdvance

Beta-Testers
Delta231
Munichtastics
aniketdev09

(If you see your work in the ROM and you're not listed here, make sure to notify me)​

Banners
Spoiler:

Bugs
This is not a bug but you can't name your starter, I couldn't get the call to work, although I put a name rater in route 2.

The egg in the hatch scene has a weird palette.

Hero fishing/cycling/surfing OW has a weird palette.

Sometimes when you enter starting town weird colors appear below the houses, this is very minior however.

A script in the first cave seems to deactivate/activate in som kind of way involving the use of repels.

The day-care is buggy, some text may appear weird and do not put 2 Pokémons in there, when you take them out the game crashes. Putting only 1 in seems to work fine though. I will look into this in the future.

Q/A
Q: Will You add later generation Pokémon?
A: Yes, I plan to add more Pokémons from the newer generations, how many? Don't really know, should be a handful though.​

Note
If anyone would like to be a beta-tester, join my discord and i'll make it happen. You can also se updates, ask questions and post bugs there. It's more convenient. Everybody is welcome!​

Discord

Downloads
Beta 1.0

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Firstly, its stunning....
Really like it...
You have become a good hacker since the last time...

And next thing,
Never expected my name in the credit list :P
you have credited me for natured coloured stats, and ev cap to 252 but thats wrong,
They ate the finding of someone else....
It would be better if you credit them and for me crediting the tool would be nice :)

Edit: i will be really looking forward to it.. and be sure to check the tool for updates :) which might be handy to you ;)

Years
Firstly, its stunning....
Really like it...
You have become a good hacker since the last time...

And next thing,
Never expected my name in the credit list :P
you have credited me for natured coloured stats, and ev cap to 252 but thats wrong,
They ate the finding of someone else....
It would be better if you credit them and for me crediting the tool would be nice :)

Edit: i will be really looking forward to it.. and be sure to check the tool for updates :) which might be handy to you ;)

Ofcourse i'll credit you, you taught me alot about hacking ROM's in general, and helped me when I basically couldn't do anything ^^

I'll be sure to look up the colored stats and ev cap and give them credit and credit you for the tool once you release the credit list.

Look's interesting. I look forward to this!

Thanks for the support!

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Ofcourse i'll credit you, you taught me alot about hacking ROM's in general, and helped me when I basically couldn't do anything ^^

I'll be sure to look up the colored stats and ev cap and give them credit and credit you for the tool once you release the credit list.

Thanks for the support!

I have released the credit list already,
In somewhere in the second page and also if you have latest version of tool... then there is the link to credit list :)

Years
Beta 1.0 has been released

It can be found in the first post under the tab download if that wasn't obvious enough.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Just played the game and found some BugsBug1.png

Pokémon Diabound [Beta 1.0]_03.png

Pokémon Diabound [Beta 1.0]_02.png

Pokémon Diabound [Beta 1.0]_05.png

There are two bugs related to mapping,
and some more including the ow.. they dont appear properly,
and then somehow suddenly appear out of nowhere...
it can be fixed by keeping the ow away from the edge of the map :)

I am loving it, except that there are very few events...
I am running though the maps without any events
Just found an single event till now,
the battle with the guy with the spell...
I am almost out of the cave..
and my charmander is about to evolve. :)

Years
Spoiler:

Thanks for playing it in the first place and finding bugs. I will begin working on these bugs immediately.
And more events are sure to come in the future.

I'm very glad you enjoy it so far, for what it is, such a basic hack! ^^

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
I just finished the first beta! I really enjoyed it, though I did find a bug or two (which is to be expected; it's in beta stages). When I went to the egg shop, I tried purchasing a 5000 poke egg. Despite the fact that I had well over that amount, the shop owner continued to tell me that I didn't have enough money. I also found that when you reenter the cave after you fight team rocket and accidentally go back into the room they had previously been in, it replays the scene, just without the characters. However, this doesn't seem to cause any sort of changes to the game if you decide to not help the Cubone.
Can't wait for the next release! Hope it's soon!

Years
I just finished the first beta! I really enjoyed it, though I did find a bug or two (which is to be expected; it's in beta stages). When I went to the egg shop, I tried purchasing a 5000 poke egg. Despite the fact that I had well over that amount, the shop owner continued to tell me that I didn't have enough money. I also found that when you reenter the cave after you fight team rocket and accidentally go back into the room they had previously been in, it replays the scene, just without the characters. However, this doesn't seem to cause any sort of changes to the game if you decide to not help the Cubone.
Can't wait for the next release! Hope it's soon!

Thank's for playing! Didn't think people would enjoy it so much, since it has no story or anything. Really appreciate it! ^^

I will look into the bugs that you found and work on them, thanks again for playing!

Beta 1.1 is being worked on, however the next release could come anytime, be it soon or late.

Last edited:

King Crimson

It just works.
Years
Love it. Want more.
My rating (for now): 4/5

Sincerely,
King Crimson

P.S.: Cubone is broken in this ROM hack.

Years
Love it. Want more.
My rating (for now): 4/5

Sincerely,
King Crimson

P.S.: Cubone is broken in this ROM hack.

Wow, thanks for the support, never thought this would happen, thanks!

About new Pokemon, yes, I will add Pokémons from new generations, with their original cries and movesets (movesets may not be 100% accurate because lack of moves, same goes for abilities).
I may implement them in Beta 1.1 but nothing is for certain.

And I to noticed Cubone being op when testing it out, but that's just early in the game.

Thanks again for taking your time and playing, really motivates me!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 14, 2017
Hi I've just downloaded diabound and first of all I would like to say this is an excellent hack so far, but I've beaten the first gym leader and now I can't find the rocket guy to continue the game. Is this all there is for now or just a bug? Speaking of which, sometimes when you catch or run away from a wild pokemon it will appear after the next wild pokemon you beat as if it was a trainer battle and that was their second pokemon, but with the same health as when you left it. Keep up the good work. I look forward to playing more

Years
Good luck.
Thank's, appreciate it!

Hi I've just downloaded diabound and first of all I would like to say this is an excellent hack so far, but I've beaten the first gym leader and now I can't find the rocket guy to continue the game. Is this all there is for now or just a bug? Speaking of which, sometimes when you catch or run away from a wild pokemon it will appear after the next wild pokemon you beat as if it was a trainer battle and that was their second pokemon, but with the same health as when you left it. Keep up the good work. I look forward to playing more

Thanks for taking your time and playing it first of all!

As for the grunt, you're supposed to head into the Museum front entrance and talk to the professor there, then walk east and talk to a wall between two bushes. It's kinda cryptic and I plan to make it more obvious in future releases.

And the bug i've never encountered so as of right now, I fear i cannot do so much about it, as long as it isn't game-breaking it should be fine, I assume it's not.
How often did you encounter this bug?

Back