• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You can use my boy emulator for android it can patch roms you just need to have the ips and rom files in the same folder and they should have the same filename
Eg ultra violet.ips ultra violet.gba
Open my boy and browse to the folder with those 2 files then long press on the rom and select patch rom... done
Or you can just click once on the rom file and the emu will start the hack instead of the oroginal game (but the rom wont be patched)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 16, 2022
OK i made an account so that i could comment on that one...
Im playing version 1.22 on my android emulator with savestates only and it worked great, till i won e4. Now, each time i try to evolve any pokemon game freezes and becomes unplayable (the animation is shown correctly and it writes "what? xxxx is evolving" but then it does not show "congratulations xxxx evolved...", it just stops there).
Can anyone help?

Edit: I even tried loading from a previous save state and beating e4 again. Same thing happens after e4...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Yep, also made an account to post what thanasis2028 and landeroth have already posted about.

using VBA 1.8.0-beta3 and Ultra Violet 1.22 on Windows 7 PC
Just like to add that I did use the programmed "skip credits cutscene" text box and still got the glitch after trying to get a pokemon to evolve after beating elite four. What's interesting is if you cancel the evolution, the game froze the next time I tried to change zones (going from lance to gary, in my case).

Great rom hack though! Definitely the best way to play FireRed ( <3 Larvitar Starter)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
sorry i suck in files and IT stuff. Im using gameboid on my andriod. so how do i play the .rar file on gameboid?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
When i try to play it starts the game just fine, but once i press start at the title screen it just turns white and doesnt do anything...
EDIT: I fixed the problem by changing the firered rom :D the one i had before somehow didnt work

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 23, 2014
Hey dude, very awesome game, I really enjoy it :). But lately I had some problems. I cannot evolve certain Pokemon! Whenever i try to evolve both Pupitar or Dragonair, the game freezes during the "Wow, Pupitar is evolving"-screen.
Can you please help me, because I really want to catch them all ;).

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
So... basically if you bypass the endgame saving you break evolution?

That seems to be what I'm getting.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 3, 2020
So I'm guessing us guys playing these on our iPhones and androids are screwed on evolving after beating e4?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I have completed this game with no issues on android... the glitch does not happen to everyone.

I wonder if the issue is an emulator specific issue? Like how I had to patch parts of JPAN's hack to work with a real bios file because VBA's bios file was different. I haven't seen any of the previous posts on this topic actually say which emulator they are using. Why don't you post the emulator you use and do what Manipulation did with Sienna, since that hack only worked on VBA.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Ive used vba amd for android i used myboy (cause it has the m-1 subcircuit settings... altho they are not needed for this hack) aswell as the old gbaoid. I also used john gba or something but did not play through (ddnt like that emulator)

Would be nice if its a emulator issue (and not my fault lol)

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I played this hack on an emulator called gameboid.When I went with oak to catch Pokémon in the safari zone i met a few shiny Pokémon like a shiny pineco or shiny pichu and I caught them but when I battle my rival im using a missingno or a question mark like pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Nope no shiny starters... i couldnt fix that first battle glitch... and i did not make dark violet

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Hey locksmitharmy
In ultra violet where exactly do you find mudkip in 4 points isle

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
mudkip, i dont remember, but there is a guide (check the first post) and I would guess... right out by the dock you arrive at, try surfing around the water there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back