• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Just download the RGSS102E.dll file from www.dll-files.com and put it in your game\'s folder.

Perhaps poccil should include the file in Essentials to avoid problems like this one.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
Years
I've just played the demo (I know I'm behind), and I can say that it was alright. The story with Lance & Clair, I think, is superb and the Team Rocket kidnap is also a sound idea. Some of the Fake Pokemon I encountered were ok, and the starters are quite good. However, some of the maps were bland, the forest was WAY too small, and there way too mant older Pokemon about. I also don't understand what the name 'Grant' has to do with Rocks or the Rock type. If any of these points have been made already, sorry for bringing them up again, if they've been noticed or already critiqued.

It has potential, yet at the moment, it is not at the same level as some other fangames I have played and saw. I wish the project luck with whoever takes over from Houndoomed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Hmm... I've never had that problem. If you're using Vista, try running it as an administrator.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I suggest making the screen a bit bigger because it is kinda hard to see at it's current size.

That has already been accomplished actually. It is now DS size, now all I have to do is make everything fit the new resolution, which will take a while.

I guess you can say I'm temporarily back in charge for a while :)

I've just played the demo (I know I'm behind), and I can say that it was alright. The story with Lance & Clair, I think, is superb and the Team Rocket kidnap is also a sound idea. Some of the Fake Pokemon I encountered were ok, and the starters are quite good. However, some of the maps were bland, the forest was WAY too small, and there way too mant older Pokemon about. I also don't understand what the name 'Grant' has to do with Rocks or the Rock type. If any of these points have been made already, sorry for bringing them up again, if they've been noticed or already critiqued.

It has potential, yet at the moment, it is not at the same level as some other fangames I have played and saw. I wish the project luck with whoever takes over from Houndoomed.

I agree with you 1000%. The sprites are going to be changed tremendously, into DP style of course. And the water starter is being replaced. The maps were a big let down, that's the reason I'm trying to find a new mapper. I've improved a lot myself also, so you should be seeing some new maps from me. Including a bunch of redone, renamed and more exciting maps.

Oh, and about your point on Grant: His name is a pun of granite, a type of rock.

Like I said a million times before, PLEASE don't judge this game by the first demo. It was rushed, everything happened to quickly, had thousands of bugs, bad maps and some bad sprites, the list goes on. I can guarantee the second demo will be a HUGE improvement, whoever continues it.

So right now, I'm working on the battle system, which is working out very well so far. It won't be too long until you see the new and improved Scarlet!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
That's probably because you have other programs going at the same time, which makes the game lag.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
In the beginning when Prof. Maple is telling you about everything(clair is your cousin, your name is lance, etc.), I think it makes it sound like she's stupid(I would probably know who my cousin was, and I've never been asked if I wanted to change my name).
Maybe you could make her say something like this:
. . ."I'm the POKeMON PROFESSOR in our region KOYOTO."
. . ."Your name is LANCE, isn't it?" The yes or no box appars(if you press no then you can change your name).
. . ."I heard that you live in the town of HAZELBRANCH."
. . ."I have been told that this is your younger cousin, CLAIR, and she's about to start her own journey, too." . . .
This way she sounds a bit less dumb (=

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Sales_Kital

Champion of Sinnoh
Years
I played the 1st demo only i think. The DS size screen is on what resolution of screen? 800x600 or 1024x768? if it's DS size on a 800x600 resolution screen then that is still tiny.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I loved this game, I downloaded it and it was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back