• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Hack of the Month Voting - March 2009

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Legend of Fenju

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Pokémon Moonshine

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Pokémon Light Platinum

Votes: 72 61.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
h2-hotm.png

Introduction

Three days late, but it's here~ You have until the first of April to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Years
This is my opinion:
It was really hard between Pokemon LOF and Pokemon LP, but im gonna have to go with pokemon light platinum, because it's amazing graphics and the awesome scripts but not just that there are alot of features and new ow's into it, and he is improving it much more from the last beta as we all can see.

Buizel 9 ~

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
damn!
it's okay that it's late, but it's too difficult to choose! >.<

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
...the hell? Why is Light Platinum eligible again? Don't you guys think that's a tad unfair? I mean, it already had its chance. Why give it another when there are plenty of other good hacks out there?

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Moonshine FTW
...the hell? Why is Light Platinum eligible again? Don't you guys think that's a tad unfair? I mean, it already had its chance. Why give it another when there are plenty of other good hacks out there?

He has a point :\

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
I vote for Pokemon Light Platinum. Reason why i choice this one is that gameplay seem pretty good with all those scripts and amazing tiles.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

I did try not to have a hack eligible twice, but I couldn't find a hack that was good enough to be nominated for Hack of the Month and wasn't outdated or recent.

And I think it did deserve another chance, look at how many votes it's got now. There may even be more second chances for other hacks, they were chosen because they were good, so why choose hacks that aren't as good for the next months just because they were already nominated?
Since you say that there's plenty of good hacks that should be nominated, I'd be happy to take some of your choices into consideration. :3

alexomat

Legendary Alexand
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
Pokemon Light Platinum!

Im sure pokémon light platinum is going to win!!!
By the way I voted for that!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I vote for Pokémon: Light Platinum because, it has got to be one of the best Ruby hacks I have played since Legend of Gaurdians by destinedjagold. I love everything about it. The maps are an okay-kind-of-decent. The scripts are great! I also love the different use of tiles.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Since you say that there's plenty of good hacks that should be nominated, I'd be happy to take some of your choices into consideration. :3
How 'bout Liquid Crystal?
I would also say Flame of Rage but two ROM Revearz hacks in one month probably isn't a good idea. There's always next month though ;)

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
I did try not to have a hack eligible twice, but I couldn't find a hack that was good enough to be nominated for Hack of the Month and wasn't outdated or recent.
:3

so how does a hack get outdated or recent?

flyin_hawaiian

the one nobody knows...yet!
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
I am voting Legend of Fenju because I like the story. The different regions to explore seems cool too, and overall the mapping is good.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Vote

I vote for, Pokemon Light Platnium. Because, when it comes to graphics, this
is the hack. And the recent updates have been stunning. Im beginning to gain
insperation from this. Although Legend of fenju comes close.. This still gets
my vote.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
You know, now that I think of it, you're right. When you asked me to look through which hacks should be eligible, I had some trouble finding any good hacks. I guess we'll have to just keep recycling those hacks although if we do that, eventually, all of them will have won and we'll run out of good hacks to vote on :\
Why don't the Mods just choose a hack without input from the members? Or if you want member participation, how 'bout having the people nominate three hacks and then have the Mods choose from those?
Wait, this is starting to sound a hell of a lot like the HotY now :D
I guess we should just keep things the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back