• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Have you ever felt guilty for hurting Audino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Spoiler:

As you'd know, you can find Audino in shaking grass. However, this question isn't related to that, and instead wondering if you feel a little bad for hurting Audino? It gives you a lot of HP, and when it's at a higher level, uses Heal Pulse, which heals your HP. It also has the nurse role, meaning it wants to "help" you and when you attack it... yeah.

I dunno, I feel bad when hurting Audino, especially after it uses Heal Pulse, anyone else feel the same? XD Or does hurting Audino have no effect upon you whatsoever? Just kinda curious what you guys think. And if you haven't run into Audino, then there's no point to you posting, unless you know whether you'd feel bad or not. :(

And yes I'm aware that this is a Pokemon, but still, it's possible for you to feel a little guilty.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I see it as a way to gain EXP, much like any other Pokemon I knock out for the EXP. I don't feel guilty about it at all lol, after all... it's one of its main purposes.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
You know, I never thought much about it...I suppose if it wasn't pixels, I would be heart-broken but, uh...experience is experience.

Oh, and I love how N is creeping in the last panel of that comic there. So in character. xD

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I guess I feel kind of bad for beating it so many times. It uses Take Down then Heal Pulse so... :/
It just uses all those moves that have no effect, but exp's exp.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
Not really, but since you've put it that way... I feel like I should. xD I always just defeat it because it gives good EXP to do so.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I didn't feel guilty until now. Thanks ;~;

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
I remember trying out Audino grinding for the first time at like route 10, walking up and down next to the grass, spraying myself with repel in order to hold off the shrooms, and it basically went like this:
- attack it
- it heals me
- I CAN'T DO THIS

never done that again

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
Aww... Yes, I do now. Such a sweet Pokemon. x33
Shame there isn't an uglier Pokemon that gave you lots of EXP... Like Throh/Sawk - I wouldn't feel guilty at all for defeating a pile of them!

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
Nope, all they do is Double Slap me!!! They always knock out my precious Snivy (soon to be an even more precious Servine, my fave evo <3)

I've developed an anger towards them. That comic is awesome though!

blue

gucci
Years
It looks really innocent & cute so I always feel guilty after defeating one, especially after it tries helping me and using Heal Pulse, and that picture didn't help me feel any better about it D:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
They never use healing pulse against me so i have a reason to kill them :badsmile:.Evil Audinos

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I never felt guilty... Its a video game... I caught one, and when ever I battle one again I kill it and gain good Exp. points from battling it. ;p

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
Years
No. I see it as a masochist. Those moves. Those base stat. The exp it gives. Not killing it is an insult to it! IT WANTS TO BE KILLED!

Lol @ comic.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
Years
I felt bad for like... 3~5 minutes, then I remember how evil they've been to my Pokemon when they were young (and weaker) so nope, not feeling bad. Plus I hold a grudge against the thing for having Regenerator (my fave BW ability) while being a worse Clefable/Wigglytuff (i.e. b/c it has no offense to speak of). Plus it's a creepy nurse-alien-faery thing. What's not to hate? I find it disturbing. XD The only healing Pokemon in Unova that I love love love is Alomomola, b/c she's so gorgeous. <3

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
After all, GF made Audino for EXP purpose only. (an NPC confirms that in Nacrene City's PokeCentre) It only excists of some bytes, nothing more, so why not knock it out? If you beat one whilst your Pokemon is holding a Lucky Egg and the EXP. Power S is activated, I once managed to get 11406 EXP for it. ( :o ) And no, I've never felt guilty for it. It's just a stupid ugly beast :bandit:

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I just peed my pants at that picture, hahahahahahaha actually too funny. I feel bad now, yes :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
Nope.

And I never will. giving so many exp is asking to be hurt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back