• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Neo Kanto [OOC/SU]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
IC (main) THREAD FOUND HERE!
Sign-Ups are currently CLOSED.

>> NEO:. KANTO
timthumb.php

[ Pallet City ]

[ Year 2100 ]
The pokémon world is bustling with energy. Kanto's population has largely risen and technology has improved vastly over the last century and a well developed system for pokémon trainers has been implemented. Almost all kids go on a journey through the region when they turn 12. They get an invitation from professor Cedar in Pallet City to come and fetch a pokétop and a starter pokémon from her. Then they travel a predetermined route to try and collect all the 8 badges from the pokémon gyms across the region, while catching as many pokémon as they possibly can. It's both a challenge of catching pokémon and a challenge of becoming the strongest. Some give up along the road, either because they can't stand the pressure, or because they find something more meaningful to do with their life. Some go all the way though, and are allowed entrance to the Indigo Plateau where the region's biggest competition is held for trainers. The greatest honor of all is to win there and become a pokémon master.

[ The Pallet Trainers ]
About a century ago, a malicious criminal gang called Team Rocket took over the region and created a dangerous new pokémon named Mewtwo. When not even the police or the officials at Indigo Plateau had been able to stop them, 4 brave trainers from Pallet Town had in the end saved Kanto. Nobody was really sure how, but the story goes that they were given souls from forgotten legends that powered them and their pokémon up enough to defeat Team Rocket and eventually Mewtwo, who had escaped its confinements. Kanto had rejoiced and a large brass statue featuring all four trainers and their signature pokémon had been put up in the central square of what would soon grow to be Pallet City.

Because of this, new trainers from Pallet have a special place in people's hearts. It's commonly believed that one day, more Pallet trainers will come and save the world from corruption. It's in their souls.

[ Another New Start ]
Like so many others, you have just turned 12 and it's time for you to go on your pokémon journey across Kanto. You were born in Pallet City and have gotten an invitation from professor Cedar personally delivered straight into your physical mailbox. That's unusual these days, since almost all mail go electronically. You should make your way to Cedar's Laboratory, situated in and filling up the great Oak Park in central Pallet City. Cedar keeps pokémon in pastures inside her great garden there and even though it's in the middle of the city, it's very well guarded and secluded, with a huge glass shield covering it all.

When you arrive at the laboratory, you will gain entrance to a special back garden where professor Cedar has put one of each of many basic pokémon found around Kanto. You may choose one of them. When one species is taken, there is no more of the same species in the garden. Not every basic Kanto pokémon is there, but if you choose one that's not appropriate, I'll tell you when I've read your SU.

Your starter will be lv 10 and you may choose it's ability and gender. I will tell you what attacks it knows when/if I accept your SU. Oh... and your starter can definitely be shiny if you like. I want mine to be ;)

[ Robots vs. Pokémon ]
Pokémon are no longer very much used as workforce in Kanto. They are pets, subjects in science, friends and battlers, but aren't really used for work on a large scale. Instead, robots do most of the dangerous or tedious tasks that humans can't do or don't want to do.

Some think this is this is the right way to go. To use robots instead of pokémon saves lives and is better for the pokémon. Plus, robots may be expensive, but they can be built in large numbers rather quickly and are very good at what they are doing. In many places, robots also replace pokémon as guards and there are competitions where humans battle alongside robots instead of alongside pokémon.

Others think this is totally wrong. Pokémon carry immense energy inside them and not letting them use it is making them weaker. Also, pokémon often does work with better result than impersonal, not-really-intelligent-robots. Because robots are not yet as intelligent as pokémon or humans. But what happens if they suddenly are?

It's a neverending battle of arguments and facts. Pokémon or robots? What should be used? You may or may not have an opinion on this matter... whether you want it or not, you will come across tensions on your journey. Oh, and robots do not look like mecha pokémon. They look like... well, mecha robots from any sci-fi movie or anime.

[ More About The Setting ]
Modern Kanto in 2100 is much like the old Kanto, but people live very comfortable lives. The cities are bigger than in old Kanto and aren't called "towns" anymore. Pallet has grown the most and is about the size of Celadon now. I will explain details on each area as you reach them on your journey. Cities have got hovercrafts instead of ground bound cars and there are loads of new technology and designs.

The landscape is pretty much alike, maybe there are even more pokémon there though. People thought that with the increased human population, pokémon population would dwindle, but it seems to have turned out the other way around. Many more pokémon than before can now be found living in cities, for example, and forests are considered rather dangerous because of the wildlife.

12-year olds don't have much to fear though. Wherever they go, people are used to helping the new trainers out and they sleep for free in pokémon centers across Kanto. Competition is common among trainers, even though many form teams and travel together on their journeys. Whenever two trainers meet, a battle usually ensues. Battling is living for a trainer and the ones who can't cope, quit.

[ The Pokétop ]
Trainers don't use the old pokédex anymore. Instead they have a pokétop, which is, basically, a helmet. In the visor, information can be displayed. There is a function called pokédex, still, that shows just what the old one did on the visor. There is also a phone and satellite map as well as internet access when you're in a town. Internet doesn't work out on the routes, for some reason. And all this is voice controlled. Your pokétop has its very own voice and personality, created to shape itself to fit the trainer (either by becoming very alike the trainer or by becoming a nice contrast or even an opposite) upon activation. The voice is only heard inside the helmet, through earphones. Noises from outside the helmet aren't stopped though, rather the other way around, to make sure the pokétop is useful in battles. You may style and decorate your pokétop in any color or style you like. The visor is usually see-through or pulled up, but can be put down for battles or other use, and it can also be made dark with a voice command.

[ Rules ]
[1] I am the Game Master (GM). If you question my decisions, then do it politely but respect me if I deny changes you propose.

[2] If you want in, submit a SU in this thread and I'll accept you if it's well written enough and if your character is interesting enough. You can then start playing as soon as the main thread is up.

[3] BE ACTIVE. If you don't feel like posting for several days, then maybe you should give the spot to someone else.

[4] You should like writing to be in this RP. Think of it as your own creative version of a pokémon game. You own Original Trainer fanfic. Only... with my rules :)

[5] There won't really be chapters, but I will tell you what you're able to do in each area, when you reach it.

[6] Rated T. Romance is alright, but no need to go too far. Violence is ok, but don't go all graphical. Pokémon are sturdy, they don't get flesh wounds easily you know.

[7] Like almost always, if you're capturing a pokémon, end your post before the pokéball stops rocking. I decide whether the capture is successful or not, and what level and gender and ability the new pokémon has. (i.e. I roll a dice)

[8] I decide how many levels your pokémon get in each post and what's ok and what's not.

[9] If you think I'm unfair, please tell me so.​

[ Sign Up Sheet ]
Name: (first and last and possibly nickname)
Appearance: (pretty detailed, and if you put a picture, write about things that aren't seen)
Personality: (no need to go in too deep, actually)
History: (you are born in Pallet City, but how did you grow up?)
Starter choice: (pokémon, gender, ability)
Pokétop look: (what you've ordered your pokétop to look like from the laboratory, like color and style)
Character theme song: (optional, but adds a feeling for your character)

I will only accept about 3 players. Just so you know.
I'll be a player myself as well ;)​

[ Accepted Players ]
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers - Cal "Clover" Cossinsky with Staryu (shiny)
toptheworld - Sheryl "Sherie" O'Marr with Ponyta (shiny)
Miss Doronjo - Amber (S2B) Keriko with Growlithe (shiny)
Fuyu - Keenan "Nai" Walker with Pikachu

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
I only have about an hour or so left online, and that's not enough time for me to get a SU done. Would it be okay for me to register my interest now and then have one up sometime tomorrow evening (or earlier, depending on how well my muse treats me)?

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
May I reserve as well? I'll post it when I get back tomorrow. I can't really go all out on an iPod.

toptheworld

Crash Addict
Years
Can I reserve too? :) I'll SU, just trying to get my spot.

-EDIT;;

Name: Sheryl "Sherie" O'Marr

Appearance: Sheryl is a taller girl, just a bit more than 5'9". When younger, she was often teased for it, but eventually she decided to bask in the glory of being taller and use it to her advantage. Sheryl is often mistaken for a girl in her late teens, and this allows her to get away with many things she normally wouldn't be able to. Her hair is long and curly at the ends, almost bleach blonde. It has faint brown streaks that she dyed in there because she was a girl that felt it made her stand out too much. Her cheeks slightly rosy and her skin not too pale but not too dark. Her lips are fuller and her nose accommodates her heart-shaped face. To make her stand out even more, she has incredibly bright green eyes, that are often remarked on first thing.

Despite her young age, Sheryl has been offered many modelling positions in companies for older models. She has on many instances tried to accept, but her parents convinced her that it wasn't for her. Still do this day, she wonders if it was the right thing to do, so she forces herself to always be under a certain weight just in case another offer shows up. This leaves her with slightly protruding ribs and cheekbones, and very flat stomach.

She always dresses in clothes that help her image. Clothes are never too tight though, nor too revealing, because despite her question for beauty, Sheryl is positive to keep herself composed and proper. This doesn't go by too well with other girls, who hate her for her "smug" attitude when it comes to looks, so she sometimes ends up with bruises and scrapes from physical bullying. Despite wishing to be proper, not everything is natural. Sheryl wears makeup quite often, to reach the look of perfection.

Personality: As you can mostly tell from above, Sheryl is very self-concious about her looks, therefore she works very hard on them. Despite all this, she is still naturally kind about most things, always making sure to be on good terms with people. Her berserk button? Don't dare mention her height in a bad way, or insult her looks. She is incredibly shallow on that subject, because her whole life she has been convinced that looks and physical appearance mean everything. Other than that, Sheryl is pretty much the same as any usual girl. She strives to be appreciated, and if something perks her interest, she will definitely follow to figure it out. Because she is inverted, not much can be said about personality, unless more about her is revealed.

History: Sheryl was bullied a lot as a kid, and at first was very inverted. She didn't talk to people, and therefore even now kids aren't as welcoming to her because she seems like a completely new person. She was deceived a lot, and so she has trust issues. She grew up in Pallet Town with her parents and younger sister who seemed to get more attention because she was a natural beauty. This too made Sheryl strive to become more beautiful, and when her parents started keeping an eye on her when modelling offers arrived, she didn't get angry like most girls would, but was pleased. Sheryl was never particularly close to her parents either, so she is very much isolated from the world. Her little sister, Amy, doesn't seem to care about her older sister after gaining all the attention, and was fairly spoiled. Despite all this, Sheryl has persevered and waited for the chance to shine. When her parents convinced her modelling was not for her, she decided that Pokemon training was going to help her prove her worth.

Starter choice:
Spr_5b_077_s.png
Ponyta (shiny), male, Flash Fire

Pokétop look: A slim, dark purple helmet with gold trim, shiny finish, and it turns all gold with purple trimming when it recedes into just headphones. There are two gold circles on either side of the helmet as well.

Character theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbcynqAYOr4

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I really hope this is okay; if there's anything wrong, just say so. :)

Name:
Amber (S2B) Keriko

Appearance: Amber is about 5' 1; considered to be a pretty short person. She's a person that likes to wear a variety of outfits; to her eccentric style; in which as a result, she's basically dressed as a rock star. Mostly, she likes to wear a blue t-shirt with a red-star, outlined by yellow lining. Also, while this is not an occasional wear, on a cold day, sometimes over neath her T-shirt, she wears a short, black vest that does at least cover her upper abdomen, that's completely covered in silver glitter, to add the effect that it sparkles in sunlight. On the back of the vest, is a white skull, that was stylized and painted on it. She also wears long leather pants, which are also completely black, and are about as flexible to wear as track pants. On her left hand, she wears a black
glove hand warmer, which the fingers of the glove have been cut off, so that her fingers would stick out.

Her hair is blond, that is also very long; it goes to about Amber's lower back. Amber usually ties it so that it would puff up, (kind of like Hilda from Pokemon White's hair style) in which even so, the hair is so long that it also drops down to her mid-back. Her big hair is all supported by a pink bow that holds it all together, so that it wouldn't drop down all the way back to her lower back.
On her right eye, she has a pink star painted on, like what a generic rock-star would have on some occasions, which the star acted like her eye-liner. She also wears black long boots with light blue laces that is long enough to be just below her knee when she wears them.

Personality: Amber is a girl with a lot of attitude, with an eccentric ego to boost. Amber is basically what anyone would call a "tomboy", not following the societies general outlook on "girly girls", however, in most cases, Amber is basically characterized as someone with basically a diva persona.
She doesn't really "go with the flow"; on account of, that would be boring for her. She would spice things up her own way, depending on the situation. With this, she has an attitude that derives her to be the top of everyone, but only in terms of entertainment, and talent. Basically, she believes she is the godsend of entertainment, and a class up high above the others, and because of this, she has a habit on "trash talking" to others. This trash talking however, is very comical when she combines it along with her energetic speeches and conversations with people. Speaking of her hyper energetic attitude, sometimes she would yell her dreams, or hop and jump around a room or a wide open space, trying to energize and psyche herself before completing a task, or just performing music. Lastly, when it comes to pokemon, she's honestly not a knowledgeable person when it comes to them, for she's just learning about them.
She would never admit that she is just another rookie however; her ego drives her to believed to be the greatest of great trainers.

History: Amber had a eccentric life growing up in Pallet City. She was born in Pallet City, in which she had a mom and dad, but one day, her mother divorced her father, which left her alone with her father to take care of her. When she was 5, she was naturally depressed all the time because she never even knew her mother. Her father always knew this as well, so he had an idea. One day, her father bought a base guitar, and he played a song for Amber for an hour. Amber loved that playing so much, that she developed a passion and likeness for music. She would always watch her father play on his base guitar on a quiet evening. Listening to his father perform, she was inspired to make her own themes and music. So, when she turned 10, she had a desire for rock music. She received a child's base guitar on her birthday, on which she would perform in front of her friends, for the sake of entertainment. Speaking of entertainment, when she was 10, she often thought that societies "entertainment" today; whether it be watching cartoons, the music artists, or whatever that was "hot and fresh" right now, in which she would characterize that...as boring. SO! She made a vow to "KILL OFF THE EVIL THAT IS BOREDOM" for individuals such as her friends, and everyone else that cared. Thus, she was given the nickname S2B - The: SAVIOR 2 BOREDOM. As a 10 year old though, that seemed a little... impossible and difficult to say the least, but, she knew despite her age, anything's possible if you set one's mind to it.

When she turned 11, she eventually, along with 3 other people, made up a all girl band known as the Ridiculous. How that name was created, she thought it was ridiculous on how the entertainment system was brought to the poor, bored people in the city. With her band, one of them was on drums, one of them was on the mic singing, and Amber, even bought herself an electric guitar and played that. They've been performing to a set of different people in the city, at a number of mini-events for to months; until Amber reached 12 years old, her current age. That's when she learned all about pokemon, or what she calls them: "Those lil' monsters". One day, she read a book on where she saw a group of Patrats and Ratatta's grouped together in their own habitats in a chapter, and while she thought they were all cute, she also learned that pokemon were also accepted to keep as pets, even for fights. So, she vowed to own one someday. That's how she vowed that someday, she too, would be a pokemon trainer.

Starter choice:
Spr_5b_058_s.png
Growlithe, Female, Flash Fire

Pokétop look: A dark, black color that has a sleek, shiny finish, that has at least one white skull painted on each side of it. The headphones are also skull shaped, but is comfortable when worn as well.

Character theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9-6X2flWlchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfXXkW6KP20&feature=related

Last edited:
Years
You know how many times I miss opportunities to join your roleplays, don't want it to happen again.! lol. I haven't read much of the first post but I just wanted to reserve.!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Eight and Fuyu, if you put up your SUs today, I'll look at them :)

toptheworld and Miss Doronjo, your SUs are nice but I don't really get why you think a Glameow or Slakoth would be found wild in Kanto... alright, I usually mix the wild pokémon up a lot in my RPs, but in this one I was going to have almost only the original Kanto pokémon in their respective areas. And only throw in a wild foreign pokémon now and then.

"More pokémon" around the region doesn't have to mean more species. Only more pokémon.

So, toptheworld, I can accept you if you change your starter to something from the Kanto pokédex. And not a pokémon that doesn't evolve.

Also, it's not a good thing to put up an SU without having read the first post xD
Aaaalso, I didn't think of the possibility of making the pokétop retract into a pair of headphones when outside battles or when not having to see the pokédex info in front of your eyes. But that's a great idea! Let's implement it. Your pokétop looks like a pair of big headphones when it's inactivated (but the annoying/endearing pokétop voice is still there... ^^ )

---

unfinished SU

Name: Cal "Clover" Cossinsky

Appearance:
d9lc7.png
Clover is rather tall for being 12 and is fairly well built even though he's still got a child's body in many ways. His hair is brightly brown and almost long, it reaches down over his ears and curls up in waves that he thinks fit him perfectly. His skin is rather pale and he has got freckles here and there all over his body. The face has got a slightly hard-to-read look and often wears a smug smile. Most people don't trust him after just a quick glance. His usually big eyes are green and narrows a lot when he looks carefully at something.

He usually wears slim black jeans and equally black boots to go along with it. The belt he has is specially made with a kind of magnets that lets him hook up pokéballs there and fetch them and set them back easily. 6 spots are there, on his right hip, as he's right handed. On the other hip, a small pouch hangs from his belt, containing minimized empty pokéballs. He thinks it's good to have those close at hand in case he'll stumble upon a wild pokémon and have little time to catch it.

For the journey, his upper body is dressed in white t-shirts and his sky blue jacket on top. It's got darker shoulders and collar, and the rest is brighter. In bad weather, he's got a very foldable and durable rain poncho that is gray and fit in a small compartment of his bag. For cold weather, he's got a knitted gray scarf, even though he doesn't like wearing it. He hasn't got a watch, since he counts on the pokétop to tell him the time. He has got a silver chain around his neck though. It isn't the most fancy thing, but he bought it the day before he left Pallet, so it symbolizes his struggle to become self-sufficient and strong.

The bag he carries his necessities in is a backpack version. He fits some extra clothes in there, as well as his scarf and poncho, an ultra foldable and electronically warmed up sleeping bag, some food and potions for him and pokémon as well as a few personal things. These are good times for travelers in the sense that there is so much that can be folded into nothingness and fit into a small bag nowadays.

Personality: Clover is the calculating kind. Ever pondering things, he comes across as a little intimidating and dark at times. His smile doesn't help it at all times, since it's not always a happy smile, but rather a dark and strange one. That's just the way it is and he doesn't really bother doing anything about it. He isn't shy about anything and when he decides to do something, the determination is stronger than a Golem on steroids. He hasn't got far to jokes though, and appreciates a good chat or fun times with friends. He's just happened to grow up a little fast and thinks that he is better than many others. He can therefore be rather condescending towards friends in the same age, but he usually isn't mean towards them on purpose.

Clover isn't mean, really. He just likes himself and the way he does things. And if something benefits him, he will do it, unless it really harms someone else visibly. He is very interested in pokémon and have been since forever, like many of his friends. Most of his friends have already gone on their journeys so he's been left in Pallet City waiting for his time to come as well. And finally the invitation came. Clover is determined to become better than everyone he knows and catch the most epic team ever. And we know what Clover's determination is like... He doesn't like failures, but can accept them relatively easily. His pride isn't a silly, high one, he's too down-to-earth for that.

When he meets new people, he tends to be easily bored or annoyed with them if they are childish or immature or impatient. He can easily come to like and want to befriend people who show calmness, compassion or patience though. He respects knowledge and if he won't make it as a pokémon trainer, he will probably want to become a researcher and keep study the creatures.

Clover loves music and listens to it all the time on his portable music player. Even before the pokétop, he was constantly seen with a pair of headphones over his ears or around his neck. He really hopes the pokétop comes with a music function because he will want to listen to it when he's out walking down the routes. If nothing else, to block out that annoying pokétop voice...

History: Cal Cossinsky is the big brother in a family of 4, with two hard working parents and a very sinister little sister of 8 years. His sister almost never laughs and Clover is the only one who has ever seen her smile. He knows that she can do it, she just doesn't want to. The mystery with Patricia Cossinsky's lack of smiling has followed the family over the years and people find it strange or feel pity for the serious little girl. Cal, unfortunately perhaps, hasn't made up for his sister by smiling even more himself. Rather, he's grown gloomier than he used to be in his early years.

He takes care of his sister a lot since his parent's aren't home very often. His father works in a factory, controlling robots and his mother works at an office at a pokémon breeding center that actually delivers some pokémon straight to professor Cedar's lab. Sometimes, Cal has heard them argue about their work. His father thinks robots are much more easier to create and control than pokémon and doesn't understand why the mother bothers with them. His mother thinks that robots are scary and impersonal and think that they can never replace the life and uniqueness of every pokémon. Usually, Cal just shuts his ears and doesn't care.

Nothing special has really happened when Cal Cossinsky grew up. Pallet kept growing and he visited the Oak Park a few times, it's like a zoo when Cedar opens it up to public sometimes, and that made him sure of that he wanted to go on a pokémon journey eventually. When he was 10, a series of random bad events - none so serious that it's worth talking about here, though - showed that Cal was an unusually lucky boy. Some were amazed by the luck he had, escaping bad things that happened all around him. It was Patricia, his little sister, that then gave him the nickname Clover, and it stuck with him.

Starter choice:
120.png
Staryu (shiny), genderless, Natural Cure

Pokétop look: Grass green, almost rubbery feeling to the touch. Pretty sharp looking, with slightly darker green metal edges around the visor and underneath. Like all pokétops, it's extremely comfy to wear since it's made to fit the owner's head. When inactivated, it retracts into a pair of rather large and round grass green headphones that Clover hangs around his neck when he gets too annoyed with the pokétop voice.

Character theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1Q9y6VVy0&feature=BFa

EDIT: Also, I've posted the main thread. As soon as Skymin approves it, the accepted players can start posting ;) which is... only me atm. Hmm.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Wait, if you accept 3 players, and one of them is yourself, doesn't that mean you accept TWO players? =P I'll have to get back to you on this, I have to go to school.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Name:
Miharu Mizushima

Appearance:
(pretty detailed, and if you put a picture, write about things that aren't seen)

Personality:
(no need to go in too deep, actually)

History:
(you are born in Pallet City, but how did you grow up?)

Starter choice:
Chinchou, Female, Volt Absorb

Pokétop look:
(what you've ordered your pokétop to look like from the laboratory, like color and style)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nah, I'll accept 3 players and I'll be a player myself AS WELL :3 And Fuyu and Eight and toptheworld are first in line unless they take too much time posting/editing their SUs.

toptheworld

Crash Addict
Years
Oh, well makes sense. And Slakoth does evolve? Unless you were just saying that in general.

And so I'll change to shiny Ponyta.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sorry Shawn :3 We'll wait a little more for Fuyu and Eight before I take a look at your SU.

And you are accepted with Ponyta, toptheworld. Feel free to start posting... whenever the IC thread is accepted.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Name: Rhiannon (Ria) Arderry
Appearance: Ria is the epitome of a tomboy, preferring to keep her vibrant, orange hair as short and unkempt as possible, much to her mother's chagrin. Perhaps its colour and style - choppy from where she introduced it to a pair of children's scissors - is her most striking feature, though her face is barely visible beneath the brim of her baseball cap, not to mention the constant presence of dirt on her face no matter how much she washes. She is not a dirty person per-say, but Ria just so happens to spend a lot of time in places where there is a lot of dirt (it's more fun than doing makeovers or talking about boys).

Beneath her hat lies a pair of rich brown eyes that are perhaps too large for her face. Her lashes are nothing to write home about, though her stepmother is desperate for the days when Ria starts applying mascara and curling them like most of the other girls in the city. Her eyebrows are thin and as bright as her hair; freckles dapple the bridge of her nose, which is small and slightly upturned. Inevitably, Ria has a very pale complexion and burns easily in the sun, the young girl opting to wear long-sleeved shirts in the summer rather than have her stepmother slather her with sun cream. Bearing the credos of a Youngster, Ria adores wearing shorts. Conversely, she will wear shorts all year round, and her legs are forever covered in bruises or bandaged up.

Having only just turned twelve years old, Ria has not yet hit puberty (apparently her mother was a late bloomer). She is scrawny all over, though this is not a surprise due to her less-than-incredible stature of 4'6''; Ria is a healthy weight for her age, with more muscle than fat developing thanks to her active lifestyle. Of course, this will change as she becomes older.

Ria usually chooses to wear her brothers' hand-me-downs, but she and her stepmother have come to an agreement in terms of the clothes she will wear while on her journey. Ria sports a jet black, capped-sleeve tee with a purple star in the centre. Apparently this glows in the dark, but she has not been allowed to test it out her. Her shorts are bright red, with pockets on either hip and two back pockets, and her scruffy trainers have been replaced with black, purple-laced shoes which come up to her mid-shins. The soles are rubber, and also black (so as to not show dirt). She completes her ensemble with a light grey bucket hat which makes her look more boyish - this was a last minute addition courtesy of her eldest brother's latest pay check.

Another gift to commemorate the start of her journey is a silver belt which has enough space for six Pokéballs (three either side). At the front is a pouch, square-shaped and accessed via two clips. She has been told to keep her money stored here, but whether she complies remains to be seen.

Stuffed in her backpack (also purple) is her favourite oversized brown hoodie, along with the basic starter pack for a trainer (a potion and a few balls), clean underwear and a spare t-shirt. Considering Ria wears shorts all year round, she feels that she has no need to wear anything else and will most likely come to regret this in the colder months. Not only are there clothes in her backpack but also a bag containing a pop-up tent big enough to house one person. There is a survival kit, donated by her second brother, and a heated sleeping bag courtesy of her grandparents. Ria has been given enough money to buy food to last a few days, but also has snacks stored at the top of her bag.

Personality: In a nutshell, Ria is fiesty and independent with a penchant for getting into trouble when left alone with others her age. To her, boys and girls are both as annoying as each other, and she much prefers solitude. As such, she is a bit of a loner whose social skills are not up to par in comparison to others her own age, though she does get on better with those older than she. She has no fear speaking her mind - when combined with her lack of tact, it becomes the main reason why Ria has few friends.

Having two brothers older than her and a father who works from home, Ria has always had a male influence in her life. Because of this she has little interest in 'normal' things, and is much more in tune with those which are stereotypically masculine. Ria can spend ages watching the robots performing tasks around the city or sit in front of a television and know the rules of the on-screen sport, but she has no understanding of emotions and how social situations work. This does not mean that she is completely dense, but she often puts both feet into things that would otherwise be avoided.

Ria is a very active child, but unfortunately very clumsy. She becomes frustrated easily when she messes up, and is quick to anger. While outbursts are common, they are often the result of her brothers teasing her about her being a girl, or her stepmother trying to get her to conform to femininity. Some would say that she is spoilt, and this is partially true - Ria is the youngest of three children and the only female, her grandparents dote on her and buy her gifts that she (often) doesn't want. She is content to receive presents, however, enjoying surprises as much as the next person, no matter how much she denies it.

History: Ria's family have resided in the southern district of Pallet City since their marriage twenty years ago, her paternal line always being involved with the harbour since before the introduction of the robots. She has two older brothers, Tobias and Jackson, who are both Pokémon trainers and have been the inspiration for her own campaign. Ria remembers accompanying her family to the Indigo League Tournament, and this is the last memory she has of her biological mother prior to her sectioning, not that Ria has been made aware of this (she simply believes that her mother is off on a grand adventure on a distant continent, and is content with this; her father has provided her with enough love, despite her differences with her stepmother). Though Tobias was knocked out in the early stages, the trip itself sparked her interest in Pokémon, and her father bought her a Meowth to occupy her during her mother's departure.

Nothing mentionable has occurred in her life, aside from her father's remarriage when Ria was seven. Her grandparents are still alive, and she has often received visits from various aunts, uncles and cousins. She has no strong views concerning the robots, but sees them as a source of fascination - one of her uncles works to ensure that they are well-maintained and her father is involved in his company's trade division, researching and acquiring more efficient and cost-effective ways of creating them.
Starter choice:
027.png
Sandshrew (♀) , Sand Veil

Pokétop look: Metallic red with orange adornments above the visor, and a matching orange star at the back. It is smooth and glossy not only to look at, but also to touch, and fits Ria's head perfectly (as expected), not dwarfing her in any way. When inactive the red colour makes up the headphones themselves and the orange the headband; there are orange stars on either headphone. She wears the 'phones over her hat, and though she might look a little ridiculous, Ria does not care in any way.

Character theme song:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Very nice SU, Eight! You are accepted :) You don't want a shiny Sandshrew?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Ah, why have I been so inactive? D: I probably missed my chance, but I'll try anyways.
Grr, only one spot. I have no chance -.-'
I'll begin writing my SU now, if I can still join that is.

Fuyu

Years
Hope I'm not late!

Name: Keenan "Nai" Walker
Appearance: Nai looks like a little kid. Seriously, he looks like one of the ten-year-olds they used to send out. He's shorter than the girls even, but only by a couple of inches. He'll catch up soon just watch! His body is built for speed so he's slim and wiry. But it makes him look like a wimp. Nai has different eyes. According to his mother, they're a pretty shade of turquoise flecked amber. (A boy isn't supposed to be pretty!"). It's okay Nai; it'll get better.

What's fashion? Does it have to do with being a hero? No? Then who cares? Nai will just wear whatever he likes then. So there! Nai wears anything that fits normally, but if he's going to be a trainer a plain t-shirt and pants will just not do. Time to break out the cool stuff! Nai can totally dress like an adult! Or something. Whatever. He is adorn with modest clothing. Nai's top is a pure white collared dress shirt, with a black jacket over the short sleeves. Doesn't that sound grown up? His pants are blue jeans with the sleeves rolled up slightly. His shoes are slip on white and grey sneakers. Nai can't tie knots very well. That's too bad. He has an old watch, the wind-up kind, that he keeps in his pocket. It and the small toolkit he keeps in his backpack are special to him. Break the watch and you're dead.

Nai has a backpack like a school child. It's old and hand me down, but he loves it. In it is his white poncho (that's too big for him), a few pokemon items, a survival kit, and a tiny photo album. Oh and sugar-free sweets. Those are really important. He also has a Teddy bear. Shut up, it was handmade. There's still a lot of room left.

Personality: Nai is amazing! Okay that's not it. He's going to be a hero! Yeah that's better. He can't, physically can't, turn his back on people who need help. It leads to him being used a lot but that doesn't matter! He wants to help! He is incredibly optimistic and determined, always working to make smiles appear. It usually works. Nai doesn't bounce off the walls. Adults don't do that. Well, he does when he thinks people need it. He remains childish and innocent, at least in appearance. Nai can't really insult people, other than calling them mean and stuff. Yeah.

Nai is a human Pokemon! No, he's not but to him that would be so cool! He loves Pokemon and works to help them love him back. He doesn't want to be the best trainer; he just wants to be with them forever! He's such a cute kid. He is terrible with strategy and just goes with whatever works.

But Nai is not all sunshine. Insults don't just bounce off him like they should. His big heart makes him an easy target and his refusal to worry about himself is live entertainment.
Sometimes, he has episodes, mostly in hospitals for long time periods. He can barely stand Pokemon Centers. Then he gets very quiet, universal bad sign, and sits in the corner, rocking back and forth and sometimes ticking. The ticking also happens when he's nervous. Sometimes he cries. He is very free with his emotions so crying is nothing new. Cute little Nai. He also may talk in third person. People sometimes get mad at his too-nice behavior, but that is nothing new. He will wear himself out helping people and playing with his Pokemon. He has problems with death, big issues. But he loves old clocks and watches and knows the precision of making and fixing one.

History: Nai was born as the youngest of three kids, ten years between himself and his brother Simon. Did that matter to him or his two siblings? Of course not! They still teased and messed with him. His nickname was his brother's fault. As a toddler learning to read, he kept saying "nai" instead of night. Simon told him that Nai would be his name until he got it right. Even after he did, the name stuck. Most people don't even know Keenan's his official name and Nai doesn't answer to it anyway.

Ever since Simon was little, the children had been watched over by their grandfather. They all liked him but Nai took to the old man the best, always interested in the precise machinery of his clocks and in helping him around the house. As the man grew more frail and aged, Nai was at his home more with his sister. One day his grandpa showed him an old watch that was still ticking. He called it magical, saying when the ticking stopped, so would he. Sure enough, the man grew very sick at the hospital. The hospital depressed Nai and so did the fading clock. Seven-year old Nai began to tick himself in hopes it would speed up the clock again and keep his grandfather alive.

Unfortunately it didn't work and the man died, leaving his grandson with a simple message: "the best medicine is a smile and a helping heart." It took time, people, caring, and eventually visiting people and Pokemon in the hospital to cause him to understand those words. Nai decides to do his grandfather proud and go all over to make people smile.

His life after that was mostly peaceful and unchanging, doing his best to get ready for his journey and helping out everyone in the city he could, particularly his siblings, letting his sister practice teaching on him and Simon show him how to manage money. Even when he helped his parents around the house, Nai had no idea he was learning.

Poketop: His Poketop is bluish-black and decorated like the night sky. When it turns into the headphones, they are deep blue with small black stars on the outside.

Pokemon: Pikachu (he likes storms), male, static

Character Theme Song: (sorry I can't link it) Believer by IKUO (Yay Japanese!)

Persona! It worked.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Looks good, Fuyu :) We were waiting for you. But now you are accepted and we're only waiting for the mod to accept the thread.

Spots are now closed.

Fuyu

Years
Thanks for waiting. Would have had it earlier but I was out away from wifi. :)

Back