• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
I am currently trying to change the (X,Y) coordinates of the game screen so that the screen is not on top. How would I do that?

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
Curious if anyone has a tutorial or could tell me what sections I need to edit if i resized my game screen, having problems finding them.

I change it to 800x600 cause using larger sprites n tiles, now just trying to find out how to move the Enemy battlers and menu options

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I need help with selarrow, every time I try to put a custom one its either cut off or I cannot position it properly.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
thanks a bundle mate, really NOT! the downloads no longer exist, thanks again ya sods!
A few things:
-This is supposed to be an all-ages forum, so keep vulgarity to yourself, British or otherwise, mild or strong.
-You should have noticed that the first post is quite old, if you checked the date. Thus the probability of the link being dead was invariably high. The link you were searching for was in the 5th post above your own, quite visible if you would take the time to read.
-This is not the place to be provocative. Courtesy will get you much farther.

Also, to hedge this off before it becomes an issue, for any questions you have about this starter kit you should refer to the wiki first (the link has been posted twice on this page, and you'll find it in Maruno's signature as well. Google also helps), and only ask questions which haven't already been answered there. We get a great deal of novice users who don't read it and ask questions that have been repeated many times over. The search function in this forum will also help. This thread is very cluttered as it is, no need to add more unless it's productive. However, legitimate questions, concerns, and suggestions are very welcome.

Welcome to the game dev forum.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
This happens when I try to start up.

It asks me to define bug catcher and when I do this pops up even if I say no.
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `map_interpreter' for Game_System:Class

PokemonMessages:127:in `pbMapInterpreter'

Compiler:2873:in `pbTrainerTypeCheck'

Compiler:2885:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'

Compiler:3814:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'

Compiler:2927:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:2922:in `each'

Compiler:2922:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:2917:in `each'

Compiler:2917:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:4022:in `pbCompileAllData'

This exception was logged in

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
This happens when I try to start up.

It asks me to define bug catcher and when I do this pops up even if I say no.
I would try either erasing the event that's causing the problem, or manually adding that trainer to the txt file (I don't know if the editor actually works correctly in-game for adding trainers).

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Is it possible to assign text/shadow colors to a command list in essentials?

I tried "@cmdwindow.color", but that just made the entire list, both main text and shadows, and all related graphics(e.g the selection arrow) the given color...

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
For some reason some wild pokemon causes the battle to lag, so far I found out that PARAS, Goldeen, Magickarp, and Feebass causes my game to lag inside battle, but other pokemon are fine. Is there a reason for this?

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2015
Does anyone knows how to make a server to make trades or battles, i dont like essentials online because it is complety different, can someone help me?

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I have kind of a more specific version of a genreic question, and this comes from me not having essentials anymore(even when I did I used it like two times, but that's irrelavent).

Anyways, I'm doing some side-work for a fan-game on here, and one of those things includes making an animated start screen a la lugia/ho-oh flying in SSHG or zekrom/reshiram standing on the platform in BW, and while I know many people have posted in here talking about adding one to their game, they all generally say they used gif. files. However, due to the program I'm making the intro with, gif is not an available file type.(although I can convert it using another program if neccessary, I just fear a drop in quality, so I'd like to avoid that)

So basically my questions are what file types other than .gif can essentials handle, and from that, which ones are ideal. Plus, if anyone knows from experience any other problems, such as lag from too big of file size and the such.

In addition, if its more a simple matter then I think, if someone would be kind enough to show me the code(or where its located in essentials as the case may be), or present me with a tutorial or reply that details it so I can hand that over to the project coordinator.

Thanks for any and all help!

Years
I am a little new to this, but for some reason the External Editor Application keeps crashing with a Fade in/out event in script.
This crash happens when i try to save the changes on most things.
But as example, this crash came from the Trainer Type editor...
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Error crash message displays as follows:

Code:
Message: undefined method `pbSaveTrainerNames' for nil:NilClass
PokemonTrainers:66:in `pbConvertTrainerData'
PokemonEditor:3019:in `pbTrainerTypeEditorSave'
PokemonEditor:3568:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'
PokemonEditor:3540:in `pbListScreenBlock'
PokemonEditor:1522:in `loop'
PokemonEditor:1547:in `pbListScreenBlock'
PokemonEditor:3540:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'
EditorMain:238:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:238:in `pbFadeOutIn'

Thank you ^^

*Note: I haven't changed anything in the scripts.
It's still in standard values in the latest download...

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I am a little new to this, but for some reason the External Editor Application keeps crashing with a Fade in/out event in script.
This crash happens when i try to save the changes on most things.
But as example, this crash came from the Trainer Type editor...
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Error crash message displays as follows:

Code:
Message: undefined method `pbSaveTrainerNames' for nil:NilClass
PokemonTrainers:66:in `pbConvertTrainerData'
PokemonEditor:3019:in `pbTrainerTypeEditorSave'
PokemonEditor:3568:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'
PokemonEditor:3540:in `pbListScreenBlock'
PokemonEditor:1522:in `loop'
PokemonEditor:1547:in `pbListScreenBlock'
PokemonEditor:3540:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'
EditorMain:238:in `pbFadeOutIn'
Thank you ^^

*Note: I haven't changed anything in the scripts.
It's still in standard values in the latest download...

The latest version of essentials has that bug, and Maruno has made a fix, which he will provide in the upcoming release of essentials. Expect to see that once gets its own section. Since the editor isn't newbie-friendly, your best bet is to hold out if possible and ask Cilerba to make an essentials section. Sorry.

Edit: For the fix itself, just edit the editorss scripts and find and change all instances of "pbSaveTrainerNames" to "pbSaveTrainerTypes".

Years
For some reason I don't find anything linked to 'pbSaveTrainerNames'.
I say Control + F fail... :/
Meh, I'll just wait for the next release, no TBA/Announcement yet?

Cheers

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
For some reason I don't find anything linked to 'pbSaveTrainerNames'.
I say Control + F fail... :/
Meh, I'll just wait for the next release, no TBA/Announcement yet?

Cheers
You're probably looking at the main scripts, then, not the External Editor's scripts. In the Data folder there's a file called EditorScripts. Rename that to Scripts (after moving the existing Scripts file out of the way), and try again.

Alternatively, just edit the PBS file trainertypes. It's not difficult.

The next version is to be released when Essentials gets its own section, or at least when I hear something about whether the section is ever going to be made. I want to launch the section properly if it's going to exist.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Well I managed to fix the other problem, well Now I have a new one, for pokemon with there level one moves. Well lets say I create a Pokemon and it has A level one move like scratch, the pokemon stats get messed up if its in my party, for example when I click ABRA and try to use teleport it wont let me me use it, or when i try to go to its summary screen the stats are messed up. But if i dont have teleport anymore with the pokemon, the pokemon itself is fine.

Years
You're probably looking at the main scripts, then, not the External Editor's scripts. In the Data folder there's a file called EditorScripts. Rename that to Scripts (after moving the existing Scripts file out of the way), and try again.

Alternatively, just edit the PBS file trainertypes. It's not difficult.

The next version is to be released when Essentials gets its own section, or at least when I hear something about whether the section is ever going to be made. I want to launch the section properly if it's going to exist.

Thank You for the tip.
Seems to be fixed now...

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Ok....

In the Script Editor, in the PokemonOptions section, I changed the @screensize to 0 so it would stay as the small version. When I loaded the game, it was big at first just as it opened (as usual), then it got smaller like it's supposed to like above, but almost immediatly it changed back to the 480px X 320px version. Can someone tell me what's going on?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Ok....

In the Script Editor, in the PokemonOptions section, I changed the @screensize to 0 so it would stay as the small version. When I loaded the game, it was big at first just as it opened (as usual), then it got smaller like it's supposed to like above, but almost immediatly it changed back to the 480px X 320px version. Can someone tell me what's going on?

You're on the right track, however, you are changing the wrong Variable. Try looking in the section "Settings" (If you're using the latest version). Find the variable DEFAULTSCREENZOOM and change it to 0.5

That should do it. If not, I have some further ideas, but try this first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back