• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

I think with LJ/DW roleplaying, it's harder to get into roleplays as an original character than as a canon character, primarily because of the last factor. It's also that last factor that causes many roleplays to not even allow OCs, aha.

I've applied as some OCs in the past, but all of them went to Dive so eh.

I find role-playing as canon characters to be . . . completely stupid. I would think that some people might completely ruin their character, as well. D:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I find role-playing as canon characters to be . . . completely stupid. I would think that some people might completely ruin their character, as well. D:

Like me? This is true, but that's why people "voicetest" their characters and ask others for help. Besides, playing a canon character gives you a chance to play out shippings that are in no way canon and develop relationships with favorite characters (or characters you never knew existed) from other worlds :P And if you feel that a certain character is a lot like you, then all the better reason to play them!

Also, with OCs you need to either draw them, get somebody to draw them (and give that person credit, of course), or use a PB, a.k.a. an already existing character from animanga/video games. After all, different expressions are everything. Not only that, but you need to come up with a background for them. Which is especially hard in LJRP because you don't have a prompt to base their background around like you do in forum RPs. And, as already said various times, you have to make sure they aren't Sues/Stus.

Nakuzami

Years

Still . . . ew.

Spoiler:

I've listened to that song like a million times since watching the video on miley810's profile. And that was, uh, two days ago? xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Forum roleplaying is more for Original Character material, while LJ/DW roleplaying is more for canon characters. Since you've probably been roleplaying on Forums and using original characters for ages, I can see why you would rather play as an original than a canon. I myself am more comfortable playing as Canon characters, as I've done it for longer, and I find it easier than original characters.

Nakuzami

Years

Forum roleplaying is more for Original Character material, while LJ/DW roleplaying is more for canon characters. Since you've probably been roleplaying on Forums and using original characters for ages, I can see why you would rather play as an original than a canon. I myself am more comfortable playing as Canon characters, as I've done it for longer, and I find it easier than original characters.

Yeah, that's true, lol. I also find original characters to be more entertaining. Heheheh, easier in a way makes it sound like lazier, and a bit too easy. :P

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I find it easiest to play canon characters with ambiguous personalities (a.k.a. silent protags. or characters with one line or something like that) o3o So it's a mix, I guess you could say?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

not exactly. when you apply for a character, you still need to speak about their personality and history as well as roleplay samples. Then, if the people don't think you have grasped the character enough, they'll reject you. So basically in order to play a character, you have to know the character inside out. In a way, that could be more difficult than an original character, because with an original character while you have to develop the history and personality yourself, you basically know you own character inside out regardless.

really, it depends on the character. some of them are easy to grasp, while others are harder to grasp.

Nakuzami

Years

Ah, in the end it all comes down to a matter of preference~ Both have their pros and cons, and I do find it fun to interact with my favorite characters . . . but in that case I guess I'll just make 'em NPCs, or just live out random fantasies in my mind, lol. (Kairi and Zexion for the win, amiright? Exactly why I'ma have 'em as NPCs in mah KH RP (or at least Kairi) lol)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Basically! I've had some great times playing with Original Characters, but I've had such lovely times playing with Canon Characters as well! I especially like playing my favorite characters and getting them into chaotic trouble, lol.

I don't know too much about Kingdom Hearts, so I can't say I have too much of an opinion. xD;

Nakuzami

Years

Basically! I've had some great times playing with Original Characters, but I've had such lovely times playing with Canon Characters as well! I especially like playing my favorite characters and getting them into chaotic trouble, lol.

I don't know too much about Kingdom Hearts, so I can't say I have too much of an opinion. xD;

Blasphemous! Too many people have been saying that lately, and it's making me all sadface. ;~;
I'm going to force everyone to go play Kingdom Hearts, one way or another! xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I played a little bit of the first game, a good chunk of Sora's side, and then Riku's side (my cousin beat Sora's side so I had access to Riku's side) of CoM, I actually beat the storyline of KHII, and I have Days sitting there on my bookshelf on like day... 97 or something? Yeaaah. XD; I've made several attempts to get into it, I suppose you could say.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I played a little of the first two, CoM, and Days. And quite honestly, I don't really like it anymore either. It's just not my cup of tea :< (Though I will admit the Sora Song based off the Cloud Song is awesome.)

Nakuzami

Years

I played a little bit of the first game, a good chunk of Sora's side, and then Riku's side (my cousin beat Sora's side so I had access to Riku's side) of CoM, I actually beat the storyline of KHII, and I have Days sitting there on my bookshelf on like day... 97 or something? Yeaaah. XD; I've made several attempts to get into it, I suppose you could say.

Yet you don't know enough to have an opinion on it? xD

EDIT: There's something wrong with the both of you. -.-'

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

An opinion on Kairi and Zerxion. Kingdom Hearts is pretty interesting, but I have trouble getting into one-player RPG games since I was spoiled with playing Tales of Symphonia with my sister and my friend (since it could be single or multiplayer), and that was my first RPG Game in general. :P;

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

There's nothing wrong with me; I'm free to like what I wanna like and hate what I wanna hate~ (Besides, it's the only Square series I've played so far that I dislike.)

Nakuzami

Years

Never played Tales of Symphonia.
Anyways, I best be off to write out Melody Eumelia Wakana - an original character of mine - a bit more. :P

EDIT: @Roswell - ANGRYFACE >.<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I need to finish working on Mithos' personality. I really wished Kratos-Mun could have said which one he would be more suited for (instead he agreed that both weapon and meister suits him so now i'm back to being completely torn ;w;). So yeah. :Dc

Tales of Symphonia is a great game, and my favorite game/series of all time. If you have a Gamecube/Wii, I recommend it sometime. But you would have to make sure to get the Gamecube one, not the Wii one.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I need to finish with Haruka's personality and samples. She's an OC except not.

But instead I'm gonna voicetest a pigeon who also happens to be in my theme atm :V

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Oh yeah. Samples. I haven't even touched samples yet, because I need to read a little, and well... I still actually have like two-three weeks still to complete this app and turn it in to whoever is going to be my beta-reader, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back